2011 Batsu Game Live Subbing Group Recruiting/Ideas

So we will have two IRC channels for that day, one for the chatting and one for the translators where only they can talk. (?)

I will try to add a irc client on the side but we should also show people how they could use thinks like pidgin or other tabbed irc clients.

[quote="Erhan":u3i3ndg1]So we will have two IRC channels for that day, one for the chatting and one for the translators where only they can talk. (?)

I will try to add a irc client on the side but we should also show people how they could use thinks like pidgin or other tabbed irc clients.[/quote:u3i3ndg1]

I’m not sure that a second IRC channel will be needed. The justin.tv (or wherever) site will assuredly have an actual chat function, and we were just fine last year. I only originally asked about colors because I seem to remember something along those lines being mentioned in a thread (that I now can’t find :( ). I’m not even sure if we’re talking about the same thing, now. I’m talking about those of us looking to repeat last year’s fun (if I remember, there were easily 100+ of us who watched the entire thing last year), and the GREATEST amount of respect goes out to both the people who did their on-the-fly subs and Kanzaki for keeping everyone in line. :lol: Hopefully this year will be just as fun.

– 14.12.2011, 11:09 –

[quote="atreyu_tiger":u3i3ndg1]Don’t hope something as smooth as the final subbed version. Delay, colour subs… What else? Try to play any film you haven’t seen before that is basically quick dialogues and type in a notepad what they’re saying without pressing pause or rewind. Please, keep in mind that it will be a rough translation to help us stay tuned of what is happening at that moment. It will be an exhausting job, and we don’t even know if we’ll have enough people throughout the [b:u3i3ndg1]six hours[/b:u3i3ndg1] that it will last. In case we get 3 subbers at the same time, it will be pretty easy to imagine something like #1 gets Matsumoto and Yamasaki, #2 gets Hamada and Cocorico and #3 guests and writen stuff… but WAY easier said than done.

The lag will depend on your internet connection. Personally, last year I got several seconds. Positive thing was to read the kind and soft words of Kanzaki when commercials were over saying: [size=200:u3i3ndg1][b:u3i3ndg1]"STFU!!!"[/b:u3i3ndg1][/size:u3i3ndg1] with enough anticipation :lol: .

I do hope nothing weird happens while the doors are wide opened.[/quote:u3i3ndg1]

I do remember the on-the-fly people doing just that (one took a couple, another took the others and the third took non-group members), and it worked well. Obviously we can’t get anywhere near hardsub-quality subs, just a general idea of what’s happening, but it was still amazing last year. I told some Japanese exchange students at the university about the whole "AKB48 Incident" and got a pretty good reaction from them. :rofl:

[quote="salvadorzombie":1gjb13cx]
I do remember the on-the-fly people doing just that (one took a couple, another took the others and the third took non-group members), and it worked well. Obviously we can’t get anywhere near hardsub-quality subs, just a general idea of what’s happening, but it was still amazing last year. I told some Japanese exchange students at the university about the whole "AKB48 Incident" and got a pretty good reaction from them. :rofl:[/quote:1gjb13cx]

I loved the AKB48 switch haha. It seemed like the guy streaming the batsu game wanted to watch that instead of the batsu !

btw I did download the whole AKB48 concert of that night (as well as all the other artists and groups who participated).

[quote="Kanzaki":15o80ma3]I loved the AKB48 switch haha. It seemed like the guy streaming the batsu game wanted to watch that instead of the batsu !

btw I did download the whole AKB48 concert of that night (as well as all the other artists and groups who participated).[/quote:15o80ma3]

As mad as I was at that guy for doing that, it was still pretty hilarious. And it worked out in the end, so there wasn’t any real harm done. Still, that guy seemed a bit too into AKB48. :lol:

But wait…you DLed the whole concert?? :o Are you sure it wasn’t you running the stream that night? ]:)

I kid, I kid…that was the first time I’d ever heard of them, the night of the Batsu Game. Only video I’ve seen is the first half of whichever one has a ton of views on YouTube, the one with them all in lingerie (which was a bit disturbing, considering some of their ages :| ). They sound okay, considering that I’m a fan of Ayumi and Utada. Might look into them in the future (maybe).

[quote="atreyu_tiger":2o26zcvh]Positive thing was to read the kind and soft words of Kanzaki when commercials were over saying: [size=200:2o26zcvh][b:2o26zcvh]"STFU!!!"[/b:2o26zcvh][/size:2o26zcvh] with enough anticipation :lol: .
[/quote:2o26zcvh]

[size=70:2o26zcvh](Good thing nobody remembered me yelling OMG CUTE GIRL at the ads :D)[/size:2o26zcvh]

I can’t wait for the commercials again this year. Just finished my third semester of Japanese (nowhere near competent enough to translate, or else I would be helping out), so it’ll be fun to see what I can pick up now. 8)

[quote="Kanzaki":hu6wribg][quote="atreyu_tiger":hu6wribg]Positive thing was to read the kind and soft words of Kanzaki when commercials were over saying: [size=200:hu6wribg][b:hu6wribg]"STFU!!!"[/b:hu6wribg][/size:hu6wribg] with enough anticipation :lol: .
[/quote:hu6wribg]

[size=70:hu6wribg](Good thing nobody remembered me yelling OMG CUTE GIRL at the ads :D)[/size:hu6wribg][/quote:hu6wribg]

All i remember is that one panda commercial about cell phones or something. -_-

[quote="furydeath":2gcu2rxn][quote="Kanzaki":2gcu2rxn][quote="atreyu_tiger":2gcu2rxn]Positive thing was to read the kind and soft words of Kanzaki when commercials were over saying: [size=200:2gcu2rxn][b:2gcu2rxn]"STFU!!!"[/b:2gcu2rxn][/size:2gcu2rxn] with enough anticipation :lol: .
[/quote:2gcu2rxn]

[size=70:2gcu2rxn](Good thing nobody remembered me yelling OMG CUTE GIRL at the ads :D)[/size:2gcu2rxn][/quote:2gcu2rxn]

All i remember is that one panda commercial about cell phones or something. -_-[/quote:2gcu2rxn]

How can we ever forget him. It seems to be an iPhone app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ5M1hmKhbg

Sure, the pedophile ones. We. There was also that other animal as a football referee, and also a businessman in the middle of a water war dodging everything.
I also remember checking the channel later on and it was Die Hard 4.0 in japanese. It was really funny to see Bruce Willis in japanese.

To all of you who are trying to tune NipponTV, don’t despair. Last year we got the link on the very same day. And as you can see, commercials can be as enjoyable as the game itself for the first few hours. Then they will be getting slightly repetitive.

Kanzaki, as a part of japanese culture, I’d like to see the Kôhaku someday. Nice to see you got last year’s one :)

I’m so sorry if this is a really dumb question but I see that the live feed will be on Justintv. But I’m not clear on the chat. Is it the chat that is on the homepage here or do we go to a different site like chatzy?

Thanks in advance

On last years batsu, I forgot where, but I was live subbing on the chats stream as it aired.
Then lived subbed it a bit quicker since the person on the stream put it to keep playing back.
What also helped is he/she had live CC (Closed captions). This made it more easier and simple to translate.
As you are reading what they are exactly saying.

Keep in mind there are people who will live sub it in diff places.

I can’t wait for this years Batsu.
Its hell to be honest, not in a "hard to do it" way.
But in the sense that lmao and trying to type is not a good combination.

Especially the Jimmy parts…he is by far one of the hardest to live sub. :rofl:

Great to see you back ssj :)

[quote="SSJSubgeta":1ezta5m5]

Especially the Jimmy parts…he is by far one of the hardest to live sub. :rofl:[/quote:1ezta5m5]

WOW, I bet!

[quote="tadsgirl":294x758j]I’m so sorry if this is a really dumb question but I see that the live feed will be on Justintv. But I’m not clear on the chat. Is it the chat that is on the homepage here or do we go to a different site like chatzy?

Thanks in advance[/quote:294x758j]

Last year we just hung out in the main stream room on Justin.tv. I had other windows open (specifically with the two people commenting during the show) in case the main went down, but AFAIK everyone was just chatting in the stream room.

Not to put too fine a point on it…but where will we be going? Not that we need specifics or anything right now, but will the information be announced like last year? Even if we have to find a room hours ahead of time, I’ll be more than willing to do it. Going to get a nap in like I did last year, make SURE I’m wide awake in time for the start. :clap:

Howdy all, unfortunately I come today as a bearer of bad news. My grandfather passed away just a few hours ago and as my family’s representative I have to fly to Thailand on Christmas afternoon in order to join in the funeral services. Normally my parents would go but my dad has an eye condition and my mom will need to keep guard at home just in case anything happens. So with that, I will have to admit that as of now, I’m unsure of where my sub on the fly services will be like come New Years Eve. I’ll be able to actually give a definitive answer once I’m in Thailand but, seeing as how suddenly everything is going right now… I don’t know when I will have an answer. I do apologize for this sudden incident, and hopefully, with any luck I’ll be able to join everyone in the New Years Batsu Game Festivities. Happy holidays everyone.

wow that would be great !
it would be like a dream come true man.
I have never seen live sub before.

However you guys do that but i just have a small request, please make a thread with the correct timing and how can
we join the Chat (if its IRC). Make some kind of Tutorial thread so that its easy for people like me :$

Thanks alot guys !! you are all great and my heroes hahah :D

[quote="wingslats":1l011807]Howdy all, unfortunately I come today as a bearer of bad news. My grandfather passed away just a few hours ago and as my family’s representative I have to fly to Thailand on Christmas afternoon in order to join in the funeral services. Normally my parents would go but my dad has an eye condition and my mom will need to keep guard at home just in case anything happens. So with that, I will have to admit that as of now, I’m unsure of where my sub on the fly services will be like come New Years Eve. I’ll be able to actually give a definitive answer once I’m in Thailand but, seeing as how suddenly everything is going right now… I don’t know when I will have an answer. I do apologize for this sudden incident, and hopefully, with any luck I’ll be able to join everyone in the New Years Batsu Game Festivities. Happy holidays everyone.[/quote:1l011807]
wings rest assure i will take ur place if i can spare my time :bow:

hey folks, i can live sub just give me a time and a place
ive been doing j>e trans for years

Btw, yeah I’ve been watching gaki since 97 and speak osakaben

Yeah last year was fun and exhausting (4 am lol). I would love to volunteer to help out with the live subbing this year as well =)

[quote="wingslats":22axa9q6]Howdy all, unfortunately I come today as a bearer of bad news. My grandfather passed away just a few hours ago and as my family’s representative I have to fly to Thailand on Christmas afternoon in order to join in the funeral services. Normally my parents would go but my dad has an eye condition and my mom will need to keep guard at home just in case anything happens. So with that, I will have to admit that as of now, I’m unsure of where my sub on the fly services will be like come New Years Eve. I’ll be able to actually give a definitive answer once I’m in Thailand but, seeing as how suddenly everything is going right now… I don’t know when I will have an answer. I do apologize for this sudden incident, and hopefully, with any luck I’ll be able to join everyone in the New Years Batsu Game Festivities. Happy holidays everyone.[/quote:22axa9q6]

I’m really sorry to hear that wings, I hope you find your family good.

[quote="wingslats":11deu9hs]Howdy all, unfortunately I come today as a bearer of bad news. My grandfather passed away just a few hours ago and as my family’s representative I have to fly to Thailand on Christmas afternoon in order to join in the funeral services. Normally my parents would go but my dad has an eye condition and my mom will need to keep guard at home just in case anything happens. So with that, I will have to admit that as of now, I’m unsure of where my sub on the fly services will be like come New Years Eve. I’ll be able to actually give a definitive answer once I’m in Thailand but, seeing as how suddenly everything is going right now… I don’t know when I will have an answer. I do apologize for this sudden incident, and hopefully, with any luck I’ll be able to join everyone in the New Years Batsu Game Festivities. Happy holidays everyone.[/quote:11deu9hs]

Family always comes first, man. Hope everything goes well.