Episode #1243 2015.02.22 - Hosei's Birthday Letters

Wow, thanks Linking111, that’s amazing! It’s greatly appreciated. Haha my gosh I had to cringe and laugh at the same time at some of that geez. It was inevitable he’d take it over the top. :rofl:
Those are some seriously expensive lighters. :lol:

You are welcome! Yeah, these letters get more and more stupid towards the end. Reading the translation is fine by itself, but enjoying the reactions with subs surely would be better. Sad thing I don’t know how to time/typset.

I advise everyone here to actually watch the first show (Hamada’s 50th Birthday, #1154 and #1155, 2013/05/12 and 2013/05/19). It’s a total parody of the first one, with Housei taking the place of Hamada, acting as the tsukkomi and making it look like he’s annoyed by the members reading the letters. It takes place in Beron Beron Sakaba (lit. the drunken’s bar), "the bar that only drunken people can enter".

And yeah, Housei getting close to the members after they read their letters and whispering a creepy thank you was pointed out by Matsumoto right at the end as the closing line: ちょいちょい行くの何やねんそれ ("what’s with you getting close to them every time?")

And last piece of information, Hamada’s "ivory smuggling" was actually very popular with audience, and entered the top hashtags of twitter sunday night. Apparently.

Glad I could be of help though, and sorry to make you guys wait on the Negativity Prohibited subs, still waiting for the typesetting/timing. :)

Ah, I see, well Jhivesubs mentioned earlier in this thread they’d be up for timing/typesetting for anyone who wanted to translate this ep, but from what you said it sounds like they’ve got their hands full still with the Negativity Prohibited subs.

If you can send me the translation in raw text form via Private Message or something I can typeset/time it for you. Hey it’s a Housei episode, only fitting right? :rofl:
If you can, preface lines with the letter of their name just so I can make sure I’m matching things up right.
h - Do you know what day the 15th of February is?
m - It’s Tsukitei-san’s birthday.
Maybe ha for hamada, e for endo, t for tanaka

Thanks for the offer!

We might pair up again with Jhivesubs as we finished Negativity Prohibited. Might being the keyword, it depends on his answer but I’ve proposed to him to pair up again. :bow:

Awesome, that’s great news. Jhivesubs offered earlier in the thread here so it’d be cool if you two can pair up again. Best of luck guys and thanks for your efforts!

I don’t get why Endo was crying for real at some points, were the contents of the letter true?

[quote="TokyoAshes":1dzq70of]I don’t get why Endo was crying for real at some points, were the contents of the letter true?[/quote:1dzq70of]

Yeah it was kinda odd considering how tough he found fake crying in the Weeping Challenge episode. I guessed maybe he was just crying from holding in laughter. :?:

[quote="soudou":3e1lbrfl][quote="TokyoAshes":3e1lbrfl]I don’t get why Endo was crying for real at some points, were the contents of the letter true?[/quote:3e1lbrfl]

Yeah it was kinda odd considering how tough he found fake crying in the Weeping Challenge episode. I guessed maybe he was just crying from holding in laughter. :?:[/quote:3e1lbrfl]

He was trying to suppress his laughter is what I think too.
And I definitely don’t think this letter is true at all (I mean they say beforehand it’s all gonna be fake, so…). But heh, who knows!

Will they make more episodes like this for the other members?