Episode #1255 2015.05.17 - Tour of Splendorous Desires

[quote="solari":3ifcuecm]Oh gosh, they have to ACT out the cards :D LOL
so it’s like an acting challenge
At the end of each stage, they vote for the one they each think gave the worst performance.

1st cafe:
Tanaka: 怖がる To be nervous; to be scared
Matsumoto: 寝たがる To want to sleep, to be sleepy
Hosei: 暑がる To complain of heat, to feel bothered by heat
Hamada: 自慢したがる To be boastful (of something)
Endo: 恥ずかしがる To be bashful, to be embarrassed

2nd cafe:
Tanaka: 寒がる To complain of cold, to feel bothered by cold
Matsumoto: 臭がる To complain of some smell, to feel bothered by a smell
Hosei: 痛がる To complain of pain, to be in pain
Hamada: 知りたがる To want to know (something)
Endo: 欲しがる To want (something)

3rd cafe(the "garu" cards got leveled up to be more difficult):
Tanaka: アントニオ猪木をしたがる To want to imitate Antonio Inoki
Matsumoto: 森進一をしたがる To want to imitate Mori Shinichi
Hosei: 他のメンバーを褒めたがる To want to praise/compliment the other members
Hamada: 乗りツッコミを使いたがる To want to use ‘nori-tsukkomi’
Endo: やたらと間取りを気にしたがる To randomly be worried/mind how the room is decorated

Nori-tsukkomi is to play along with a joke for a while, then point out the ridiculousness.
(see this subbed video for examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgMnV4QPL74)[/quote:3ifcuecm]

Great job. :bow:

Also, good episode. I somehow knew it was going to end with Endou’s Mori Shinichi’s imitation lol. I’d love to sub this.

[quote="Linking111":3uv565vy]Also, good episode. I somehow knew it was going to end with Endou’s Mori Shinichi’s imitation lol. I’d love to sub this.[/quote:3uv565vy]

Ooh please do.
The Gaki subbing scene seems to be high on adrenaline after the batsu was just completed so I’m sure someone could chip in on typesetting/timing (I’d do it but if this will see a sub someday I may just wait and avoid spoilers).

[quote="ErnieYoung":bc72sud8]The another mean of "がる garu": strongly appeal[/quote:bc72sud8]

This is the best translation I see here. I’d translate it as "to express" something or "to express the desire for" something. Itagaru is to express pain. Atsugaru is to express that you’re hot. Netagaru is to express the desire to sleep (which is why the other cast members were criticizing Matsumoto after the first one. He should have been expressing his desire to sleep, not actually sleeping).

Holy crap they used one of the back ground songs from gintama at around 15 minutes!

[quote="bennyhaha":3a3oocbg]Holy crap they used one of the back ground songs from gintama at around 15 minutes![/quote:3a3oocbg]

Like previous 3 weeks, plus prison. What´s your point ?

[quote="Inergio":5clkxlx2]Like previous 3 weeks, plus prison. What´s your point ?[/quote:5clkxlx2]

[img:5clkxlx2]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/27/5c/d2/275cd24d440291968292f7ea463958f8.jpg[/img:5clkxlx2]

I could have sworn there was a part 2 for this, otherwise I downloaded it twice. Damn! Can "garu" be used for that? I want to say that garu means "feel" as in "atsui garu" means "feel the heat" or "itai garu" means "feel the pain" but in this "SENSE" it could also mean "sense the…" or "experience the…" In any case, I did not garu (experience) Part 2, unless a very kind soul should direct me. Doko doko?

I don’t think there was a part 2 unfortunately. It kind of got wrapped up in this one episode but it was pretty hilarious so hopefully they’ll bring the concept back in the future.