Foreigners' Opinions Of Japanese People

The best thing to do is upload to MEGA AND Dailymotion (or other streaming site)

Uploading the file only to Dailymotion it’s like spoiling the file (because of the compression they use). If you upload to MEGA and a streaming site, people who want to keep the files can download the better quality file from MEGA and people who like just watching random videos online can watch the streaming.

And then, when there are a few new subbed files… a big torrent! Big torrents usually have a better lifespan. There could be an "update" to the (1989-2013) collection torrent each year, adding new subbed videos.

[quote="VideogameDC":dkev49py]There must be a site for japanese torrents somewhere in the Internet. :^)[/quote:dkev49py]

I usually use d-addicts to grab new new j variety torrents but the uploads are usually in LQ-MQ, not much HD one’s around. So I practically stopped using it and found some HD uploaders in dailymotion, youku, tudou, pandora… but some of the users have been banned now and also the video rips are churned down versions by the encoders. P2P was useless for me mostly cuz i couldn’t get it to work and in my search for the source I came across this site: http://www.jpch.tv/
They upload recent dramas and j variety in 720HD, encoded straight from ts but since they’re monetizing it, they upload them to horrible sites with one file split into 5-10 parts. I can usually only be able to grab one episode a day so you have to be really patience with it.

Also livejournal is actually a pretty neat place to get some variety stuff, there’s not a lot but I follow this community, http://dozchan666.livejournal.com/
and they upload some really HD or even the TS source sometimes for few variety stuff however they’re usually idol-related.

Also I recently began to upload some of my j variety collection (under the user 'tenkal") in d-addicts and found that 80% of the downloads were coming from japan… rather interesting, seems like other P2P is not going that well on that side of the world.

I’ve got about 1.2 TB(which is actually not a lot since each file are around 700mb-4gig) of j-variety which I don’t mind uploading to the cloud and turning them into DDL but that’s going to take a lot of time and bandwidth which I’m very limited to every month. Is there anyone else here who collect HD j-variety shows?

I noticed that ErnieYoung’s weekly Gaki uploads look really good for being 1080i, though I don’t like the fact of being big file sizes, as I don’t have a USB Drive for those kind of files, and I woudn’t like to save them on my PC…

I said to [b:wj90r7r2]soudou[/b:wj90r7r2] earlier that normally the copyright issues take away some videos, or even the entire channel of some encoder (Doesn’t matter if it’s Dailymotion, fc2), however, seems Youku and Toudou doesn’t have that kind of issues, allthough seems like the japanese channels in Youku don’t update that frequently (as far as I know).

Maybe japanese netizens like the series you host in P2P, so that’s why most of the users come from Japan.

[quote="VideogameDC":9r1scndj]I noticed that ErnieYoung’s weekly Gaki uploads look really good for being 1080i, though I don’t like the fact of being big file sizes, as I don’t have a USB Drive for those kind of files, and I woudn’t like to save them on my PC…[/quote:9r1scndj]

I re-encode everything I download. If the source is 1080, I downscale it to 720p.

I do this for tv shows, movies, anime… the difference is hardly noticeable (for me) but the size decreases drastically. From 5gb movies to 1.3gb, 600-700mb tv show to 250…

I also re-encode FLAC (usually seen on anime blu-ray batches) and DTS (on movies) to AC3 and it changes a lot too, but I can’t hear the difference.

[quote="VideogameDC":2fjyi2vq] seems Youku and Toudou doesn’t have that kind of issues, allthough seems like the japanese channels in Youku don’t update that frequently (as far as I know)[/quote:2fjyi2vq]

Chinese website don’t give a f*ck about copyright stuff. :lol:
But the video quality is the worst among all streaming websites.

[quote="andylau-fr":3faozrci]
Chinese website don’t give a f*ck about copyright stuff. :lol: [/quote:3faozrci]

Russian either :lol: :lol: You can find tons of copyrighted stuff on Vk.com

[quote="Knudow":1vkea1px][quote="VideogameDC":1vkea1px]I noticed that ErnieYoung’s weekly Gaki uploads look really good for being 1080i, though I don’t like the fact of being big file sizes, as I don’t have a USB Drive for those kind of files, and I woudn’t like to save them on my PC…[/quote:1vkea1px]

I re-encode everything I download. If the source is 1080, I downscale it to 720p.

I do this for tv shows, movies, anime… the difference is hardly noticeable (for me) but the size decreases drastically. From 5gb movies to 1.3gb, 600-700mb tv show to 250…

I also re-encode FLAC (usually seen on anime blu-ray batches) and DTS (on movies) to AC3 and it changes a lot too, but I can’t hear the difference.[/quote:1vkea1px]

How do you re-encode!? :o Omg I’ve been searching how to re-encode so I can make my video files less big for years!

[quote="andylau-fr":2ws2kk7o][quote="VideogameDC":2ws2kk7o] seems Youku and Toudou doesn’t have that kind of issues, allthough seems like the japanese channels in Youku don’t update that frequently (as far as I know)[/quote:2ws2kk7o]

Chinese website don’t give a f*ck about copyright stuff. :lol:
But the video quality is the worst among all streaming websites.[/quote:2ws2kk7o]

I don’t think Youku has bad quality in most of their stored videos, it’s more likely the fault of the uploaders, and even the fact some videos are way too old to be seen in such bad quality.

why did you come to japan? is a good show, they ask foreigners why the came to japan and sometimes they follow them around.
the show is hosted by bananaman Osamu Shitara and Yūki Himura.
you don’t really need subs to enjoy the show because the important parts are in english.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... e+to+japan

I didn’t knew this show. I’m watching now and is really interesting. Thanks for sharing :clap: :clap:

[quote="grindorth":8npno6p5]why did you come to japan? is a good show, they ask foreigners why the came to japan and sometimes they follow them around.
the show is hosted by bananaman Osamu Shitara and Yūki Himura.
you don’t really need subs to enjoy the show because the important parts are in english.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... e+to+japan[/quote:8npno6p5]

Is this the show that is aired on NHK G? I remember a YouTuber posted about some show he was about to be featured that was from NHK.

Youは何しに日本へ? "Why did you come to Japan?" is aired on TV Tokyo every Monday.
I watch it every week,

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/youhananishini/

[quote="VideogameDC":1yplfrs0]
Is this the show that is aired on NHK G? I remember a YouTuber posted about some show he was about to be featured that was from NHK.[/quote:1yplfrs0]
yes he worked for the nerdist and has appeared on gaki in one of the hidden camera game episodes

[quote="ErnieYoung":1yplfrs0]Youは何しに日本へ? "Why did you come to Japan?" is aired on TV Tokyo every Monday.
I watch it every week,

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/youhananishini/[/quote:1yplfrs0]

I’ve only seen the clips on youtube never really seen any complete episodes.
youtube’s recommendation system recommended it to me on the front page that’s how I found the show.
also that show where little kids run errands pops up on my feed.

[quote="VideogameDC":252fwund][quote="Knudow":252fwund][quote="VideogameDC":252fwund]I noticed that ErnieYoung’s weekly Gaki uploads look really good for being 1080i, though I don’t like the fact of being big file sizes, as I don’t have a USB Drive for those kind of files, and I woudn’t like to save them on my PC…[/quote:252fwund]

I also re-encode FLAC (usually seen on anime blu-ray batches) and DTS (on movies) to AC3 and it changes a lot too, but I can’t hear the difference.[/quote:252fwund]

How do you re-encode!? :o Omg I’ve been searching how to re-encode so I can make my video files less big for years![/quote:252fwund]

I downloaded x264 and started re-encoding files with the default options.

x264.exe --output "ouptut file name" "input file name"

x264 doesn’t copy the audio, so I then used "MkvMerge" to open the result mkv, the source mkv and create a new mkv with the result video and the source audio and subtitles and things like that.

Then I started googling things when I needed them (like resizing) and I added more parameters when I learned what they did. (for example, --tune film or --tune animation to tell it if it’s encoding live action or anime)

Quite sounds like a Science Experiment, but I hope it makes most of my videos less big, or I’ll be mad. :D

[quote="grindorth":3u0rq00t][quote="VideogameDC":3u0rq00t]
Is this the show that is aired on NHK G? I remember a YouTuber posted about some show he was about to be featured that was from NHK.[/quote:3u0rq00t]
yes he worked for the nerdist and has appeared on gaki in one of the hidden camera game episodes[/quote:3u0rq00t]

In which one? That got my attention.

[quote="VideogameDC":eokhkwd1][quote="grindorth":eokhkwd1][quote="VideogameDC":eokhkwd1]
Is this the show that is aired on NHK G? I remember a YouTuber posted about some show he was about to be featured that was from NHK.[/quote:eokhkwd1]
yes he worked for the nerdist and has appeared on gaki in one of the hidden camera game episodes[/quote:eokhkwd1]

In which one? That got my attention.[/quote:eokhkwd1]
its on of the gran prix episodes not the yama-gran prix the other one,the one where they stuff food in their belongings,freeze in place and repeat a phrase.I don’t remember what episode though.

[quote="VideogameDC":1svekfo7]Quite sounds like a Science Experiment, but I hope it makes most of my videos less big, or I’ll be mad. :D[/quote:1svekfo7]

Oh, I forgot to say one important thing. This won’t work with videos downloaded from dailymotion, youtube or other sites. They already reduce the size a lot and use their own codec. If you encode those it will take long and the result will have bigger size.

[quote="Knudow":12t26dcz][quote="VideogameDC":12t26dcz]Quite sounds like a Science Experiment, but I hope it makes most of my videos less big, or I’ll be mad. :D[/quote:12t26dcz]

Oh, I forgot to say one important thing. This won’t work with videos downloaded from dailymotion, youtube or other sites. They already reduce the size a lot and use their own codec. If you encode those it will take long and the result will have bigger size.[/quote:12t26dcz]

I noticed that the Dailymotion codec to compress the videos makes high quality videos have a kinda big file size.

[quote="grindorth":3xr9pijg]its on of the gran prix episodes not the yama-gran prix the other one,the one where they stuff food in their belongings,freeze in place and repeat a phrase.I don’t remember what episode though.[/quote:3xr9pijg]

Grand Prix episodes? Well, I discard the Gaki vs. Tenso episodes, so I’m more confused.