GnT forum Japanese study group

I did the same as "Bufonophobia" but I don’t mind helping out after I have learned a bit. I mean I can do basic stuff like greetings, numbers ect. but nothing further :P. Also the times I will be able to attend will change next year :P

I filled the form, and can’t wait to start :D

I’ll check for Japanese materials, and if I’ll find anything good I’ll link.

Thanks for taking your time to organize such a study group! :clap:

I filled the form, can’t wait ! :D

Same here. See you soon :)

i filled the form too thank you can’t wait to start

Filled the form. So as i said in the comment, i can provide some worksheets i used with my teacher on basic vocabulary, common expressions, numbers, greetings, and basic sentencing aimed at studying grammar. I think it’s all in french in it but i can translate the French bits in English and erase or keep the japanese bits i wrote on it. I also have a quite massive amount of vocabulary in Hiragana and Katakana with French translation.

Sugoi!

Count me in !
filled in the form, and I’d love to see this happen!
If interested or need ideas , I’m willing to help too!

Thanks to all who’ve responded and who have filled out the form.

Pretty much everyone is a beginner, with a few more advanced speakers and some who haven’t learned any at all, which is about what I expected. The first "lessons" may tread old ground for some, but like I said, I want to make a group where people can progress quickly!

The timezones and times available are all over the place, which again is what I expected. It is great that this forum has so many users from all over the world :D I will try to set up the study group to account for this.

Of the aspects people most want to learn, the one that has has a clear majority (not so clear now, but was very noticeable in the early stages) is learning how to speak Japanese and everyday conversations. This was a bit of an odd question as, obviously, grammar + speaking + vocabulary etc. etc. etc are all required in order to communicate and understand the language, but it does give me an idea of what sort of study material I should be looking for.

In addition, it also shows that setting up some kind of voice chat would be a good idea–learning how to speak and listen to Japanese would be much easier this way!

I think the best way to set this up would be to create a new, small forum for the study group that we can spam as necessary, then create a new thread on this forum that I will post major updates and things like that on. Kanzaki has given this the OK. :]

Sadly I have this huge pile of stuff to do (other study for an actual degree hahahahahaha… sigh) in the next week or so, but I will use the spare time I have to get something set up.

Thanks to everyone who has offered to help! I will get back to you all when I have something set up to see what we can do.

I do have two questions if anyone can help:

• Any recommendations for how to set up a website for this? The webspace isn’t a problem, I’ve been meaning to buy some space and a domain anyway, and I’m pretty good at this sort of thing–but I haven’t set up a forum before, so if anyone has any tips or advice from their own experience, that’d be grand. :]
  • Does anyone have ideas for a way we can hold voice chat sessions? I would just install Ventrillo but I don’t think my crummy little computer can handle it, and I’m leery of Google (though I’ll use it if it’s the best option).

Thanks so much! I’m looking forward to this :D

THANKYOU, and idk about ur first question. But about the voice chat, maybe we can us : Skype,Ovoo, or tinychat

There’s also a good bunch of good premade forums you can create via websites like Xooit. It’s quite easy to customize and you can make it look great without much work. You do’nt own it but you can manage it as you wish for free.

Great, thanks a lot for all your hard work!

1. http://www.ehow.com/how_4531697_set-up- ... phpbb.html
  2. I personally love Skype and use it for meetings at work. I have had bad experiences with ventrillo and teamspeak so I highly recommend Skype plus you have have a ton of people in one conversation.

Hello again!

I am still busy at the moment (I’d rather be doing this… alas)

However, I know a few of you are already eager to start, so… I present to you (drumroll!):

[size=200:ccsmr4vn][url=http://tententen.lefora.com:ccsmr4vn]tententen.lefora.com[/url:ccsmr4vn][/size:ccsmr4vn]

I know I said I was going to buy a domain etc, but lefora seems decent enough and it’s probably a good idea to try it out on a free forum to make sure it will work (plus I’m broke lol). Anyway, please make an account and get comfy in the General Discussion section!

When I’ve got the study section of the forum ready, I will make it visible to members and we can get down to it. Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Alright folks, you heard the lady. Get on there and sign up, it will help fill out the forum and get the wheels rolling.

:open_mouth: I wasn’t aware Paichu was a lady :)

I’m no lady.

When we will start to study? D:

i downloaded this a long time ago and i’m still learning japanese…it’s an ebook file but its worth it…27 gbs

http://www.torrentcrazy.com/torrent/235 ... rning-pack

:open_mouth: 27gbs of learning woah! Thank you :)

hey guys I found a nice way to improve your reading on katanaka and hiragana … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES01Iyqm1k8 it’s the lyrics of the song "エキセントリック少年ボウイ" ‘Eccentric Shounen Boy’ :lol: