Goodbye, Yamasaki 2010 [French/Français]

[quote="dael":16dh0y00]I’m having trouble downloading the .ass file. The page comes up as "Sorry, this offer is currently not available in your geographical area" Any suggestions[/quote:16dh0y00]

When I tried it just asks me to download some .EXE file for some reason. Hopefully someone still has the .ASS file on hand.

[quote="dael":16dh0y00]I was also thinking of subbing the Yamasaki tummy ache clip from the best of 2010 ep, since the Japanese seems reasonable (edit = easy). I guess I’d have to work out timing for that one. New skills to learn! [/quote:16dh0y00]

Sounds cool. I’m a newbie but here’s some tips based on my beginner experience:
[hide:16dh0y00]I found Aegisub confusing to do timing on at first since guides I looked up focused purely on using the audio timeline for anime/karaoke etc. I dunno if its the best way but as a newbie I found it much easier to work with the video alongside the audio instead. After you install/run Aegisub go to View > Options then on the left menu Interface > Hotkeys and click to view the Video hotkeys. There you'll find (and can customise) what shortcut keys you can use to move the video forward/back and what keys let you set the current dialogue line to start or end at that point in the video.

For timing you need a bit of lead-in and lead-out to give people chance to glance down and read the line as its being said and time to fully read it, thats what a Youtube guide I watched said anyway. Can't give advice on timing personally since I haven't done any subbing before either and could be doing it all wrong and plan to put a disclaimer about being a newbie if I ever post anything. :rofl: I figure in the world of Gaki some kind of sub is better than nothing right? :?:

Another handy thing is Subtitles > Styles Manager. Just open any .ASS file in Aegisub from a batsu or something that has styles for the Gaki cast etc. (with the purple, green etc.) and in the Styles Manager window you can "Storage" those styles to use in your own subs or edit them to make new ones with different colours.

The other thing you might need to know is how to position subtitles. For the most part subtitles are best kept at the bottom. But sometimes there might be a sign or something onscreen that needs labeling higher up. Left of the video there is a vertical row of icons, second from the top is the positioning one (looks like a plus sign). Click on that and then click+drag the subtitle you want to move.[/hide:16dh0y00]

[quote:16dh0y00]Are there many subs in French that aren’t in English?[/quote:16dh0y00]

I haven’t checked fully but there are certainly some cool episodes that have been subbed in French but not English :o Major kudos to the French subbing team! :)