Megaupload has been SHUTDOWN

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16646023

[quote="Kanzaki":1wre1zx3][quote="Chaos_Greg":1wre1zx3]Belgium here, no access.
Our local newspapers are telling they shut down 630Dutch servers. So it’s worldwide.

Let us see… Next is Youtube?[/quote:1wre1zx3]

630 dutch servers, were those servers owned by Megaupload?[/quote:1wre1zx3]
they have more than that, others untouched is in Hong Kong, nobody can touch it 8)

– 20.01.2012, 21:22 –

[quote="Yakarin":1wre1zx3]Man this sucks, just when I had uploaded my first contribution to the site in megaupload :(

At least ood thing is we are getting more congress people in our side each day…

http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/[/quote:1wre1zx3]

think about mine :^)
how long do you think it might take for me to upload all those i’ve uploaded … :sweat:

[quote="joker":2yp6dkfa][quote="Kanzaki":2yp6dkfa][quote="Chaos_Greg":2yp6dkfa]Belgium here, no access.
Our local newspapers are telling they shut down 630Dutch servers. So it’s worldwide.

Let us see… Next is Youtube?[/quote:2yp6dkfa]

630 dutch servers, were those servers owned by Megaupload?[/quote:2yp6dkfa]
they have more than that, others untouched is in Hong Kong, nobody can touch it 8)[/quote:2yp6dkfa]

I think they’ll make some kind of link to access those servers. The files uploaded to Megaupload are still there in Honk Kong so it’s all about accessing them.

[quote="joker":jjbqsell] think about mine :^)
how long do you think it might take for me to upload all those i’ve uploaded … :sweat:[/quote:jjbqsell]

:sweat: True... tht really sucks, I hope Kanzaki is right!

[quote="Kanzaki":47yggedb][quote="joker":47yggedb][quote="Kanzaki":47yggedb]…

630 dutch servers, were those servers owned by Megaupload?[/quote:47yggedb]
they have more than that, others untouched is in Hong Kong, nobody can touch it 8)[/quote:47yggedb]

I think they’ll make some kind of link to access those servers. The files uploaded to Megaupload are still there in Honk Kong so it’s all about accessing them.[/quote:47yggedb]

Indeed they have plenty more servers.
Leaseweb was hosping the megaupload servers. Leaseweb still has plenty other servers of course, but no doubt. They must have lost their biggest client this way.
Hopefully this doesn’t mean that company will have financial issues due to that. If you take away the biggest client and turn into the red numbers… Going to be bad if you ask me.

Anyways, good point about hongkong, wasn’t aware of that. maybe we should all move to China eh? xD Cheap rolex, Louis Viton and whatnot merchandise .

To be honest, I never quite liked direct downloads. Unstable internet cuts down your DL midway and you are done for your trouble…
I’d rather prefer torrents for that particular reason. but guess what. Our lovely government took down piratebay in our country (no access)
you can add mininova.org which used to host tons of not so legal stuff from like 10 years ago
Anyone seeing a pattern? :stuck_out_tongue:

people will find a way around it, somehow. Not like they’ll ever get to ban it completely, I just can’t seem to see this ever happening.

@Joker: Sorry to hear that,
It’s true though, we’re forgetting people putting their time into uploading these stuff!
/me holds a minute of silence.

[quote="Chaos_Greg":10xu9c41]
/me holds a minute of silence.[/quote:10xu9c41]

I guess that in the case of Megavideo, 72 minutes of silence would be in order lol

i have kind of a dumb question, does this affect megavideo in anyway too? cuz im kinda noticing that alot of megavideo videos arent loading, or is that just something wrong with my computer?

If worse comes to worse, we can speed up the upload speed by having Joker distribute his works to multiple trusted site users for mass uploading cant we? As opposed to uploading the mass amount of videos all by his lonesome?

So all uploaded files are gone?

I’m thinking about reuploading but since I had over 1 TB on megaupload I may only reupload a small fraction.

The Biggest World War (the 3rd) has now began.

RIP MU.

http://XXXXXX/ btw they try to make a new website. Fake or not ? Wait'n'see :D

That’s a fake. It purpose is to try to steal your username/password in case MU gets back so they can sell your account if it’s a premium account ;)

[quote="Kanzaki":xcra8q9r][quote="Chaos_Greg":xcra8q9r]
/me holds a minute of silence.[/quote:xcra8q9r]

I guess that in the case of Megavideo, 72 minutes of silence would be in order lol[/quote:xcra8q9r]

XD… I’ll offer 72 minutes of silence to all the awesome uploaders then…

Could there be any (no matter how little) possibility of recovering megaupload? As to consider waiting to start reuploading somewhere else?

This ain’t war. unluckily we have lost a great file sharing site but in the long run we were getting conned by megaupload. The more we used it the more money the creators got. It was all a big con so I am not angry that megaupload has gone I emit it is upsetting but their are other solutions to sharing files online.

In response to anonymous retaliating. I think it is a bad move on their end especially when SOPA could get passed because of their actions. But if we think about it if the government can pull of these sort of raid anytime it wants then there is really no need for SOPA. The Government can fuck us up so we should fear. Fear is not a bad thing but we should fight back not using cyber terrorism but in real life.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/01/why-di ... d-why-now/ - This backs up what I am saying ^^

Well SOPA just fell through according to Vimeo, still megaupload is not coming back, since it’s not the access that was shut down but the servers of megaupload itself. All files currently gone, people still wandering about their premium accounts.

To be honest I’m, kinda glad that I got all Gaki off megaupload about 1hour before it was taken down :/. Well at least in thi battle we "only" lost megaupload, wich will be greatly missed, since it was my fav, but SOPA was crushed with a 22:12 vote on the matter. Hopefully the USA will stop with this bull****.

[b:1xvps6wq]RIP Megaupload, thank you for everything![/b:1xvps6wq]

So far an official notice has been placed on the Website.

[img:1qhdoptv]http://usdoj.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/banner.jpg[/img:1qhdoptv]

[quote="shorto":6cj1xsku]Well SOPA just fell through according to Vimeo, still megaupload is not coming back, since it’s not the access that was shut down but the servers of megaupload itself. All files currently gone, people still wandering about their premium accounts.

To be honest I’m, kinda glad that I got all Gaki off megaupload about 1hour before it was taken down :/. Well at least in thi battle we "only" lost megaupload, wich will be greatly missed, since it was my fav, but SOPA was crushed with a 22:12 vote on the matter. Hopefully the USA will stop with this bull****.

[b:6cj1xsku]RIP Megaupload, thank you for everything![/b:6cj1xsku][/quote:6cj1xsku]

Here in the US money comes first. It comes before everything else, the health of people, the health of the environment, the morals on which the country prides itself on, and so on and so forth. As an American, this is what I HATE about my country. Still, you need to consider that all the things one got from megaupload are for "fr**".

[quote="autopolyploid":2rdfeh28][quote="shorto":2rdfeh28]Well SOPA just fell through according to Vimeo, still megaupload is not coming back, since it’s not the access that was shut down but the servers of megaupload itself. All files currently gone, people still wandering about their premium accounts.

[b:2rdfeh28]RIP Megaupload, thank you for everything![/b:2rdfeh28][/quote:2rdfeh28]

Here in the US money comes first. It comes before everything else, the health of people, the health of the environment, the morals on which the country prides itself on, and so on and so forth. As an American, this is what I HATE about my country. Still, you need to consider that all the things one got from megaupload are for "fr**".[/quote:2rdfeh28]

[img:2rdfeh28]http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1938658_700b.jpg[/img:2rdfeh28]

All other comments not nessesary :)

LOL

The US Government are idiots! no offence to Americans!!
There are more important things to worry about in this world than the internet!

Megupload was a great site…really fast service…I used it alot! oh well…we still have some other sharing sites for now! :D