Mmo

Just started to play Age of conan hyborian adventures.

Is WOW forth to try? It´s too late to start to play now?

[quote="Beat Takeshi":3e9ayq21]Just started to play Age of conan hyborian adventures.

Is WOW forth to try? It´s too late to start to play now?[/quote:3e9ayq21]

Yes its worth to try. I suggest to begin with an invite from a friend who plays wow, or you can try it for free to level 20 with the free starter edition.
Just go to Blizzards site and look for free starter edition. [url:3e9ayq21]http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/games/wow/[/url:3e9ayq21]
If you are not familiar with mmorpg’s the first start will be good on a role play server, PVE, because of the fact players on this kind of servers are more willing to help a newbie.

I play WoW and yes it’s hard to play if you are a newbie. Fortunately I have couple of friends who play too and can help me if I don’t understand something. But it’s really good game and very addictive(unfortunately). :D

Only bad thing is that it’s not free and if I don’t have time to play, the time you bought goes to waste.
It would be better if you could pay for a month and and you could play it for 30 days whenever you have time…
I can’t really put to words what I’m thinking right now. :^)
Like you could play it for example today and then have 29 days left and if you play it next time on saturday then after that you would have 28 days left. Does it make any sense what I’m trying to explain? :D

I’ve played many mmo’s half of which were private servers lol. Currently playing Runes of Magic private server. Played retail before and it was soooo slow to lvl but the private server is much faster, but still enjoyable.

Hello friends!
1.I want to invite you all to play with me at Nexon Studio ROM Server,Chapter 4 Currently Supported.
The best and only server of Runes of magic online,the MMORG where you need to unlock the secrets of Rom to save the world.

Rates

• 7x EXP
  • 7x Tp
  • 3x Drop
  • 3x Gold

If you want to join me in this great game,please click on the following links:

Main Site:http://www.rom4u.com
Forums:http://forum.rom4u.com

Being a veteran of several MMOs I find myself most drawn back to EverQuest, and EverQuest 2. Mostly since I played them extensively and its what started me out on the road to playing. My list of pay to play MMO games are:

EverQuest
Asheran’s Call
Asheran’s Call 2
Ultima Online
Dark Age of Camelot
EverQuest 2
World of Warcraft
Final Fantasy XI
Lord of the Rings Online
Warhammer (Beta and Game)
EverQuest Project 1999 (Not a pay to play, but is an emulated server bringing the classic feel of EQ from its beginning days and stopping when the Velious expansion was released.

To be honest I never had much fun with World of Warcraft. It always felt way to easy to me, but I did play EverQuest from the beginning and questing on that game was far more difficult that most other games. You had to do a lot of detective work trying to figure out who to talk to, what to get, who to kill, and sometimes the quest went nowhere and remaind broken.

As far as I know you can play several games for free that were pay to play. Granted you might only get a few selections to play for free, but EQ2, LoTRO, and maybe EQ are among them.

I’m playing EverQuest 2 again now and they did a good job in making it easier to play solo for people who might not have the time to join a guild and actively do raids. So far I’m level 22 in about a week and am having fun, but we’ll see how long that lasts.

Ah! A fellow EQ’er! They’ve made EQ much easier these days. I think if they developed a game today with the difficulty of old EQ, no one would play.

I’ve played:

EverQuest
Everquest 2
Dark Age of Camelot
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV (beta)
Lineage 2
World of Warcraft (Beta / Live)
Warhammer Online (Beta / Live)
RF Online
Various F2P Games

I also tend to return to EQ 1. I always enjoyed the strategy and critical thinking needed for a lot of the encounters. "Tank this one, OT this one, mez this one, root this one." Then pray everything worked out like it was supposed to. ;)

WoW is fun in doses. A group of RL friends and I were always considered incredible players, but most of our "skill" just came from common sense playing acquired from EQ and DAoC. I can count on one hand the amount of players who even know about the /assist command.

Hmm…I sound like a bitter and jaded old man (Back in MY day!), but I’m only 27. :wasntme: Sorry for the sermon! So, any of you looking forward to the Final Fantasy XIV Revamp/Restructure incoming? :D

[quote="Chronopolis":2z6yh2mo]Ah! A fellow EQ’er! They’ve made EQ much easier these days. I think if they developed a game today with the difficulty of old EQ, no one would play.

I’ve played:

EverQuest
Everquest 2
Dark Age of Camelot
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV (beta)
Lineage 2
World of Warcraft (Beta / Live)
Warhammer Online (Beta / Live)
RF Online
Various F2P Games

I also tend to return to EQ 1. I always enjoyed the strategy and critical thinking needed for a lot of the encounters. "Tank this one, OT this one, mez this one, root this one." Then pray everything worked out like it was supposed to. ;)

WoW is fun in doses. A group of RL friends and I were always considered incredible players, but most of our "skill" just came from common sense playing acquired from EQ and DAoC. I can count on one hand the amount of players who even know about the /assist command.

Hmm…I sound like a bitter and jaded old man (Back in MY day!), but I’m only 27. :wasntme: Sorry for the sermon! So, any of you looking forward to the Final Fantasy XIV Revamp/Restructure incoming? :D[/quote:2z6yh2mo]

Good to see I’m not the only one "hobbling" around. I’m 30 and I feel like a bitter and jaded old man, lol. You hit it on the nose about EQ. People would freak out if they made a game as hard as EQ nowadays. People wouldn’t know what to do if their quest NPCs didn’t have exclamation marks over their heads. Not to mention the lack of action attacks and such. I agree on the tactics, and strategy needed, and still are needed for encounters. I loved taking two groups into an area that should require three and holding the area. Ah, those nights in Chardok and Kael…dammit, now I might just fire up EQ and hit up some old school end game mobs. :devil:

I’ve played many, but for me there is no competition here… World of Warcraft all the way! :)

anyone playing old republic? been a while since i’ve played an mmo, but i picked it up while i’m visiting family here in the states. Seems pretty good so far.

I cant help but reply ^^ I have actually played a fair share of mmo’s but not that long ago. Anyway, here’s my list:

Ragnarok (Philippines & Private)
World of Warcraft (Private)
ROSE Online (North America & Private)
Diablo II Expansion (Private)
Cabal Online (North America & Private [Still actively playing])
Talesweaver (Korea)
Elsword
Silkroad (North America & Private)
Vindictus (North America [Still actively playing])
RAN Online (Private)
FlyFF (North America & Private)
Guild Wars Nightfall
Lineage II (Private)
MU Online (Private)

Keep in mind, this is in a span of 10 or so years ^^; Anyway, some I did not list since I’ve only tested them out for a month or two.