No Laughing Airport Batsu Aftermath

Round table was wayyyyy too long. Itao didn’t get to do enough. The zombies weren’t funny or even related to anything.

Can someone tell me why the ending was missing? Normally they have to walk over the line to end the game don’t they, even if they don’t sleep overnight?

[quote="jm1":2mixo12q]Definitely not better than Spy or Hotel, like some are saying. Too many of the same routines and actor cameos, and not enough Gaki. Sure it was funny at times, but way too predictable. I know the point of the game is to make THEM laugh, but for me, the best laughter comes from watching the Gaki crew, whether it’s just them sitting at a table talking, eating, or hell even using the bathroom. That to me is why the Hot Spring and Yugawara batsu’s are in a league of their own.

Theme wise, it didn’t have much to offer. I can understand not being able to do anything inside of an actual airplane, but the fact that they took so long to even get to the airport, leaves you wondering why they even called it that. I watched a 20 part video on youtube, and it wasn’t till around part 13, that they actually got there…

Unfortunately, I feel it’s the least enjoyable batsu out of all, which is a tough thing to say, but I really hope that if they do one at the end of this year, they do something comepletely different.[/quote:2mixo12q]

I couldn’t have said it better. Your point of view and my very own are the same, even on the Onsen 1/Onsen 2 batsu, which I think stay the best of them all thanks to their unpredictability.

Gaki no Tsukai at the origin was about making us laugh, but as the years pass by, it gets less and less funny (I’m talking about the batsu games).

Maybe we’re missing something from the cultural point of view (jokes with puns, some artists we don’t know, actors, etc) but I definitely think that from Hotelman, it started to become kind of… dull.

We might start a "serious" debate some day on the forum about this.

[quote="Kanzaki":2ioy6ccz]Maybe we’re missing something from the cultural point of view (jokes with puns, some artists we don’t know, actors, etc) but I definitely think that from Hotelman, it started to become kind of… dull.
[/quote:2ioy6ccz]

There is that too somewhat, for example in the scene with the new pilots introducing themselves int he assemble outside. One was a former boxing world champion who grew up in one of the southern islands of Japan. In his speech he was speaking the dialect of his home, which basically cannot be understood by the rest of Japan. I think the subbers will have a huge difficulty subbing that part.

However it’s definitely getting cliche and predictable. Lot’s of plots etc are recycled with only a slight difference (if any).
But, It may also just be that we’ve seen too many. If this was the first one we’ve watched it may have been hilarious? Who knows.

No you’re entirely right, it has become stale. I’ve been rewatching the previous batsu games and they’re much more unique and themed, they were more about making us laugh alongside them, these ones only serve to make the members laugh, which in turn can make us laugh. I feel like it’s become one big attempt at letting the younger (how long they’ve been comedians that is) comedians poke fun at the seniors every year as well as promotion circle jerks rather than just making it a real punishment game.

The whole round table with the lincoln+various other semi-veteran comedians does not fit one bit in the batsu games, these should be in the Lincoln show, it would fit perfectly there, in fact, it feels like I’m watching Lincoln when they do that.

The bus scenes, they’re not wrong per sé but they’re just to long with to many random appearances that sure, can be funny but for the most part are just rinse and repeats with small changes from skits on other variety shows these lesser comedians have appeared on (I watch a lot of variety shows so I know who does what).

They should DEFINITELY go back to the old format back in the Hot Springs games. I mean, just look at Hot Springs 2, it’s much shorter than this one was and yet it has so much more content… That said, I did laugh quite a lot when watching this one but come on, it’s like they’ve lost their touch when doing these…

Laughed many times but not that satisfied… some parts are just not that funny, and too long. The same routines are also getting stale.
Well… i hope they’ll do something alittle different in 12 montsh ;)

I agree with everything you said loller, well, mostly with everything everyone has been saying.

I’m glad I’m not the only one having this thoughts, I honestly think production is making too much "show" (that doesn’t even need the 5 to interact that much), when the cool thing about the Gaki members is they are brilliant enough to make everyone laugh with a single corporal/facial expression (like Hamada’s "Huh?" or Endo’s "shikoku" act) and the right comment at the right moment. It would seem like the production is just sticking with a "safe" routine instead of venturing with new ideas like they used to… I mean, they don’t even need to be complex, remember C3PO? I always laugh out loud watching poor Hamada getting hit everytime he appeared.

Yeah, haha. C3po going in and just opening the slide door then leaving for no reason at all cracks me up every single time. Or how about the time when they had to wear swimming shorts in the bath, and Matsumoto came in and undressed three or fours time in a row. xD

Less is sometimes more. ;D

This guys, this is how it should be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YICtjesZxqU

Anyone agrees? ;)

Hahaha… indeed, just as priceless as when Endou gets slapped harder in highschool and they inmediately notice Hamada must have arrived.

To me, it felt shorter than the 5 hours (without commercials). I think it felt shorter because they had extended some past stuff. For example, usually they spend maybe 5 minutes or so for the drama segments but this time they made a full-blown episode. There were some laughable moments (especially the "Ass Game") but it seems to be missing that charm that made these Batsu Games the thing to watch every year. This year’s game felt more like a "video game bust". Probably for any people out there who are new to this type of stuff (or Japanese programming in general), it could be fun to watch, but for "seasoned veterans", it seems like a letdown. For now, I’m gonna wait for the subs just so I can have a better understanding of what really was going on (and figure out who some of the celebrities are).

2 more hours of new fresh material from the airport batsu will be aired on friday ^^

There were some funny moments, like Jimmy and Matsumoto’s toilet issues but as some of you guys have said already, some of the skits are too drawn out or not really funny enough. I also think that since 2009, the batsu game became more of a celebrity marathon, what with all these famous actors making cameos and stuff. I feel that it’s become more focused on ‘OMG, it’s that actor!’ instead of the guys themselves and their warfare in trying to make each other laugh. But that’s just my opinion, and tbh, we’re lucky that the guys are still doing the games at all, since they’re getting older and less fitter to take the punishments.

[quote="Vatican":188tt98r]There were some funny moments, like Jimmy and Matsumoto’s toilet issues but as some of you guys have said already, some of the skits are too drawn out or not really funny enough. I also think that since 2009, the batsu game became more of a celebrity marathon, what with all these famous actors making cameos and stuff. I feel that it’s become more focused on ‘OMG, it’s that actor!’ instead of the guys themselves and their warfare in trying to make each other laugh. But that’s just my opinion, and tbh, we’re lucky that the guys are still doing the games at all, since they’re getting older and less fitter to take the punishments.[/quote:188tt98r]

Well, first realize that this is a japanese program, for japanese people; maybe we the westerners don’t know the big bunch of personalities and parodies that appear at the batsu game, but for the japanese people, those appearances surely are hilarious and funny.

[quote="Kronekodow":1llbnh4p][quote="Vatican":1llbnh4p]There were some funny moments, like Jimmy and Matsumoto’s toilet issues but as some of you guys have said already, some of the skits are too drawn out or not really funny enough. I also think that since 2009, the batsu game became more of a celebrity marathon, what with all these famous actors making cameos and stuff. I feel that it’s become more focused on ‘OMG, it’s that actor!’ instead of the guys themselves and their warfare in trying to make each other laugh. But that’s just my opinion, and tbh, we’re lucky that the guys are still doing the games at all, since they’re getting older and less fitter to take the punishments.[/quote:1llbnh4p]

Well, first realize that this is a japanese program, for japanese people; maybe we the westerners don’t know the big bunch of personalities and parodies that appear at the batsu game, but for the japanese people, those appearances surely are hilarious and funny.[/quote:1llbnh4p]

True that. If I was Japanese I’d probably be howling with laughter at the celebrities. Oh well, can’t change what you’re stuck with. :)

Well, I for one I’m happy to say the extra footage improved a lot my opinion of this batsu game (altough many funny things were simply random XD). I loved the apes and all the friendly fire :D

I can’t see why they left them on the extra clips… but ah well…

I have not yet finished the full thing, but when the "domina" at around ~79 minutes said to Yamasaki:

[hide:2du0o9dl]something about cheating on his wife[/hide:2du0o9dl]

… was that really what he did ? Or was it just a joke ?

As people have said before, airport was predictable. It’s the same set up each time recently for the batsu games (which I dont really mind) but I really did enjoy matsumotos pee problems, and this years chono slap. I want to see more friendly fire in the future, and maybe more interactions with the theme instead of trying to make the same material fit in each year. But generally this batsu made me laugh this year, and I enjoyed it. :rofl:

well, after seeing the show now, i would say it didn’t make laugh as hard as hotel or spy batsu.

maybe the idea of having some of the same boring acts every years was really annoying me, i mean why did they bother with the theme anyway? if it is gonna be the same acts every year then just let the theme be the same. i though by having it at the airport would actually add something new. well the only thing new i remember is the endo family appearing at the check in point, which was planned to happen. the terrorist attack was annoying, i mean i’ve never heard about someone kidnapping an airport or plane and is asking people to sing like idiots or making animal sounds. trust me, the tension building up in all five members is making them at these stupid things and if the act was actually done in front of them without them being punished for their laugh, they won’t bother with a smile. you don’t believe me? that actually happened when they those photos in matsumotu’s drawer, they kind of laughed at the first one (because it’s their senior), then they laughed at yamasaki’s photo (because it was funny), then some laughs at matsumoto’s photo (because he laughed out loud).endo’s and tanaka’s were looking dull for them.

recurring events are really annoying. you can’t just have the same batsu every year and wait for something to happen from the five members. i think that’s what the producers are doing now: set the same events, same people, same tricks and wait for the five members to interact differently every year.

at the end, this is my opinion about this year’s game.

[quote="mudy1":fcbkg4fl]well, after seeing the show now, i would say it didn’t make laugh as hard as hotel or spy batsu.

maybe the idea of having some of the same boring acts every years was really annoying me, i mean why did they bother with the theme anyway? if it is gonna be the same acts every year then just let the theme be the same. i though by having it at the airport would actually add something new. well the only thing new i remember is the endo family appearing at the check in point, which was planned to happen. the terrorist attack was annoying, i mean i’ve never heard about someone kidnapping an airport or plane and is asking people to sing like idiots or making animal sounds. trust me, the tension building up in all five members is making them at these stupid things and if the act was actually done in front of them without them being punished for their laugh, they won’t bother with a smile. you don’t believe me? that actually happened when they those photos in matsumotu’s drawer, they kind of laughed at the first one (because it’s their senior), then they laughed at yamasaki’s photo (because it was funny), then some laughs at matsumoto’s photo (because he laughed out loud).endo’s and tanaka’s were looking dull for them.

recurring events are really annoying. you can’t just have the same batsu every year and wait for something to happen from the five members. i think that’s what the producers are doing now: set the same events, same people, same tricks and wait for the five members to interact differently every year.

at the end, this is my opinion about this year’s game.[/quote:fcbkg4fl]
this is whats called unexpected, because you don’t expect the same act and trick will be used, so it is very easily a trap for the member, as for the impression on the how funny it is, i can say i am agree with you.
HOWEVER, you need to think about this, what makes the show funny is how energetic they are with their reaction and comeback to every trick. They are getting older now, so i am rather disappointed to saw someone post this kind of thing without considering their health…

[quote="joker":26wz2035][quote="mudy1":26wz2035]well, after seeing the show now, i would say it didn’t make laugh as hard as hotel or spy batsu.

at the end, this is my opinion about this year’s game.[/quote:26wz2035]
this is whats called unexpected, because you don’t expect the same act and trick will be used, so it is very easily a trap for the member, as for the impression on the how funny it is, i can say i am agree with you.
HOWEVER, you need to think about this, what makes the show funny is how energetic they are with their reaction and comeback to every trick. They are getting older now, so i am rather disappointed to saw someone post this kind of thing without considering their health…[/quote:26wz2035]

It’s not about their health or their age, it’s really about the theme. The Batsu still IS funny, but not as funny as it once was.
Just remember the School Batsu - School themed. Was it any good? It was hilarious! That’s just one example, but as mudy1 stated, I don’t like the repetition either. It really gets dull.
Nevertheless I still have enjoyed the Airport Batsu, but fundamental parts were missing. They didn’t attack each other as personal as they did in e.g.: The Hospital Batsu. Remember the scene, where Hamada and Matsumoto talked about their childhood.