No Laughing High School (2005)

[quote:2f1wlqze][i:2f1wlqze]Originally posted by junkzm3[/i:2f1wlqze]
Hah yea, the Jimmy skit was one of the first Gaki no Tsukai skits I ever saw. That lead me to finding the silent library games and then the rest of the batsu games.

I’ve been a fan ever since :)[/quote:2f1wlqze]

Omg! same !

Hello,

Can we expect the subtitles to be released soon? It has been quite a long time since the first post said “wait a few weeks”. ?(

I’m asking because I’m very tempted to watch the low video quality version on youtube that has 10 minutes of video missing, but I’d like to wait for these subs, if they are coming soon. :)

[quote:24a9kszq][i:24a9kszq]Originally posted by masiel[/i:24a9kszq]
Hello,

Can we expect the subtitles to be released soon? It has been quite a long time since the first post said “wait a few weeks”. ?(

I’m asking because I’m very tempted to watch the low video quality version on youtube that has 10 minutes of video missing, but I’d like to wait for these subs, if they are coming soon. :)[/quote:24a9kszq]

Yea I was beginning to wonder the same thing :evil:

i also hope to see some subs being posted soon
because the high school batsu is one of the best in the series

[quote:21j2lcmq][i:21j2lcmq]Originally posted by Lesnarism[/i:21j2lcmq]
i also hope to see some subs being posted soon
because the high school batsu is one of the best in the series[/quote:21j2lcmq]

ditto. it was because of the bamboo sword, and the skits felt natural.

One of my favorite Batsu games. I run to it on Youtube,and now I am the biggest fan

i have the DVD of this when a friend of mine went to japan. it’s high quality but i still dont have any english subs for them.

i also want the subs, im tempted to make my own but i have no knowledge of japanese how many more days/weeks

The version on YouTube is subbed, I downloaded all those videos to my hard drive and attempted to rip the subs using a sub ripping program, but the OCR gets confused because most of the subs appear over the top of the Japanese characters, so it cant pick out the English words. I’d probably have to transcribe everything and then time it to the raw that is provided here in the torrent pack.

I dunno if I really even have the time to do that first of all, but by the time I get done with it the complete subtitles may be done, who knows. I like watching the high school one but the horrid YouTube quality makes me not want to watch lol.

The other downside is that there are parts missing, although it’s not a ton.

As far as the subs that are in production, it said a few weeks a long time ago, and no updates. So maybe they are still being made, maybe not… maybe putting my time into transcribing and timing would be worth it.

I’ll probably try a part of it anyway, will give me some experience timing from a script, so might as well.

please please do try to sub this. thank you very much

I’m kind of curious as to an update of whoever else is supposed to be doing the subs for this. It’s a long tedious process transcribing and then timing a 2 hour show. I don’t mind doing it, so i did get started, it’s good practice for fansubbing, but I still am curious about a complete set, the ones I’m working with will probably be missing 10-20 minutes worth of subs(rough estimate).

Otherwise I have transcribed the first youtube segment I have and rough timed it to the high quality raw, which puts me about 10 minutes in. it’s getting much easier as well getting used to the flow of the show and what not.

My estimate till it’s done… a week, maybe 5 days… if someone who has complete subtitles can beat me, then excellent.

thank you doku would be very much appreciated :)

[quote:1yjvjm74][i:1yjvjm74]Originally posted by dokudokugwo[/i:1yjvjm74]
I’m kind of curious as to an update of whoever else is supposed to be doing the subs for this. It’s a long tedious process transcribing and then timing a 2 hour show. I don’t mind doing it, so i did get started, it’s good practice for fansubbing, but I still am curious about a complete set, the ones I’m working with will probably be missing 10-20 minutes worth of subs(rough estimate).

Otherwise I have transcribed the first youtube segment I have and rough timed it to the high quality raw, which puts me about 10 minutes in. it’s getting much easier as well getting used to the flow of the show and what not.

My estimate till it’s done… a week, maybe 5 days… if someone who has complete subtitles can beat me, then excellent.[/quote:1yjvjm74]

You can find the whole batsu game subtitled here: [url:1yjvjm74]http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/155180/Gaki-no-Tsukai-Dont-Laugh-in-High-School-01.html[/url:1yjvjm74]

I think they are the same videos as in youtube(terrible video quality), but no parts missing.

Masiel,

That is actually the one I’m transcribing from, it looks like someone took the videos from spiked humor and uploaded them to youtube, which is where I got them from.

There is less missing from this version than any other but there are two parts missing.

I believe the parts that are missing if I remember right is one where they are in the music classroom, and the other is when they have to go one by one to a room to meet a secret guest of sorts. However these parts don’t really need much translation, especially the second part.

I’m going to try and get some more of it done today. I know there are some parts that don’t really need a lot of subtitles so it should go faster the more I get into it.

^
Ok, sorry for misinformation.

Really appreciate your effort to make the subtitles.

Ok so I didn’t see the work in progress thread as being updated last night so I guess the person doing the subs for this is actually still doing it… so I’m glad I really didn’t get very far on this since yesterday. Kinda hard having 3 different places to look for info on a batsu game, so I didn’t notice it. Oh well at least a complete version of the batsu game is coming…

Here is some update of the subs by sutekidayo.

[url=http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/thread.php?postid=1817#post1817:3k6n5bn2]High School Batsu[/url:3k6n5bn2]

And also im very impatient about your subs dokudokugwo :). Hope that you finish it soon and thx for all your efforts we really appreciate them.

I’m most likely not going to continue with my efforts on subbing this. The only reason I was going to do it is because there wasn’t anyone else giving updates or making progress, or least that was the view from this side.

I was also only re-subbing what had already been subbed and just putting it into .ass format so it could be viewed with the high quality raw. It also would be missing a few parts.

So if these other subs are going to be complete and good to go soon then great… my policy is to not re-sub something someone else is already working on unless it didn’t come out well… i.e. the youtube quality video with subs needing to be soft subbed for HQ video.

Edit…

I downloaded the other subs in the link you pointed to and now I am for sure not going to do mine b/c those are much more complete and they look almost identical to mine as far as color and what not lol. I guess we had the same idea to use the same colors the JP subtitles use for the guys. I did use a different font however, and a bit bigger size… I used a 30pt font.

It was a lot of fun though doing what I did. I want to eventually get in with a anime fansub group doing timing or typesetting, so this was good practice. I probably will fine time the 10 minute segment I loaded into Aegisub (just rough timed right now) so I have some kind of a finished product.

guys lets just give it alittle more time :P

nothing is going to flee :)

My first time on this website. Awsome :D. Same here…High School and the English scene was what led me to the rest of the silent libraries and batsu games to.