Old footage: Hamada's wedding

[quote="Knudow":4sw3o5wu]
This isn’t the same thing, but on the new year batsu games they sometimes randomly blur text signs, and I don’t know why.
For example, the "wait here" sign… they show it when they arrive, then in the next shot it’s blurred, in the next one it’s not… and this keeps going and I can’t help but wonder why…[/quote:4sw3o5wu]

I think there’s a rule that signage is blurred until after the corporate sponsor logos are shown or during them being shown. Other times I think they do it to encourage you to come back after the ad break. Even if so, it still looks bewildering I agree. :rofl:

The weirdest bit of censoring I’ve seen on Japanese TV is during this years Hamada’s Entertainer Rating Check special when Housei is spewing up fizzy cola and some kind of crackers. Seriously…what…?? Why even have the segment if you can’t actually show it occurring… :^)

[img:4sw3o5wu]http://i.imgur.com/ANQXYpP.gif[/img:4sw3o5wu]

[quote="soudou":kfndihib]I think there’s a rule that signage is blurred until after the corporate sponsor logos are shown or during them being shown.[/quote:kfndihib]

Thank you! That does make sense. They don’t want other texts distracting you from the ads

[quote="Arlekin":chw5bavt]The woman in the "500 questions" was not Yamasaki’s wife pal. She never appears on Tv because she doesn’t belong to the show biz, as Matsumoto-san’s wife[/quote:chw5bavt]

Woah, I honestly thought that lady is his wife. :?:

Yeah… me too…but it was kind of weird because in later episodes (like batsus and "Good-bye Yamasaki") she was still with a blurred face…so I check some japanese tweets about it, and I remember reading that in a blog :doh:

If it was just a blog from a random person who watches the show it might of been opinion-based. Even in the thread in this forum for the episode some speculated she was an actor because of how nonsensical her answers were, but Matsumoto himself said on his radio show that both Housei and his wife have odd patterns of thought that lead them to say or do things he finds unbeleivable. :rofl: If the blog was by a cast or staff member though, does it say who the actress is that played his wife?

Nope. I don’t remember when I read that…if I had the link of the blog, I’ll post it here, but I don’t have it. It was kind of celebrity news or something like that. Anyway, can or can’t be…we really don’t know. I only know that I read that sometimes and it made sense to me :)

I’ve just made a thread from Hamada’s wedding footage to a general opinion about censoring and stuff. :lol:

I still think about why people get their faces blured on japanese TV, I mean, In other countries when a model is shown on a TV Show, her face doesn’t get blured at all :^)

You can try to search for some Yamasaki’s wife pictures on Google and only one from the 500 questions episode is shown, wonder why that happens too.

Now, in the EDF batsu, his wife never shows her face, however, Tanaka’s wife showed her face. I know she showed her face on the Teachers batsu, but damn… Japanese TV does get weird sometimes.

[quote="Arlekin":4y8ajcw6]Nope. I don’t remember when I read that…if I had the link of the blog, I’ll post it here, but I don’t have it. It was kind of celebrity news or something like that. Anyway, can or can’t be…we really don’t know. I only know that I read that sometimes and it made sense to me :)[/quote:4y8ajcw6]

Yeah it’s not beyond the realm of possibility since it was a Gaki episode, like Itao’s recurring fake wife. I haven’t heard of the actor theory myself. But Housei does seem to typically keep his family private, his Christmas photos on Twitter of his daughters and wife didn’t show any faces, except for his baby son.
Though as far as the blurring of peoples faces goes, it’s sometimes a bit nonsensical in Gaki episodes too :rofl:

viewtopic.php?f=10&p=38854#p38727

Yeah, I saw his little baby too. I belive that when the girls were babies, he show the baby faces in a pic too. That is kind of normal in Japan…when they are babies

Yeah understandable outside Japan too. Lots of parents put their babies on TV when they’re less identifiable, then they grow up and are like, wait, you put me in a Coca Cola advert!?

Take for example MTV’s Teen Mom :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Son: ‘‘I just saw you were on an MTV show many years ago’’
Mom: ‘‘You should have seen 16 & Pregnant, my son’’
Son: ‘‘You had me at 16?’’
Mom: ‘‘omg just shut up you scumm!’’
Son: :(

A short monologue of how a son of those girl found out of the show. Yes, it’s very chessy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, that was lame :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote="VideogameDC":122pls3x]I wonder why the Yamasaki or other’s wedding weren’t aired on TV?
I understand that the Matsumoto’s one wasn’t aired because he didn’t wanted to deal with reporters or something…[/quote:122pls3x]
Yamasaki wedding was aired at TV as our friend here just said. Tanaka’s wedding obviously don’t was aired at TV because his marriage was after a "0 month dating". Endo and Chiaki… I think that’s more for privacity, I don’t know

[quote="juriTanaka":22hw758g][quote="VideogameDC":22hw758g]I wonder why the Yamasaki or other’s wedding weren’t aired on TV?
I understand that the Matsumoto’s one wasn’t aired because he didn’t wanted to deal with reporters or something…[/quote:22hw758g]
Yamasaki wedding was aired at TV as our friend here just said. Tanaka’s wedding obviously don’t was aired at TV because his marriage was after a "0 month dating". Endo and Chiaki… I think that’s more for privacity, I don’t know[/quote:22hw758g]

Was it aired as like a Live event back in 2001? Because apparently there are no records of it (Besides that Gaki episode mentioned above).
I understand Tanaka is more like a private kind of person, so it’s excusable. Same goes to Matsumoto, though he let few people to know about it via fax.

[quote="VideogameDC":2v1ui1b5][quote="juriTanaka":2v1ui1b5][quote="VideogameDC":2v1ui1b5]I wonder why the Yamasaki or other’s wedding weren’t aired on TV?
I understand that the Matsumoto’s one wasn’t aired because he didn’t wanted to deal with reporters or something…[/quote:2v1ui1b5]
Yamasaki wedding was aired at TV as our friend here just said. Tanaka’s wedding obviously don’t was aired at TV because his marriage was after a "0 month dating". Endo and Chiaki… I think that’s more for privacity, I don’t know[/quote:2v1ui1b5]

Was it aired as like a Live event back in 2001? Because apparently there are no records of it (Besides that Gaki episode mentioned above).
I understand Tanaka is more like a private kind of person, so it’s excusable. Same goes to Matsumoto, though he let few people to know about it via fax.[/quote:2v1ui1b5]
Tanaka and Kohinata Shie (his wife) hadn’t any wedding ceremony, as Shie said at her Twitter. So that’s the reason that was impossible show it at tv or find any pic at internet. Tanaka and Shie don’t had a love relationship before the marriage, I don’t know if it was an arranged marriage or something, but their relationship wasn’t anything cute, according Shie at an interview in Waratte Itomo, Tanaka never kissed her, gave a hug to her or hold her hand after their marriage. Tanaka before an interview at May, 2003 (when he told about their wedding) said that Kohinata was only a colleague, and that they aren’t lovers. At Cocorico Miracle Type, they usually avoided to look at each other eyes, especially Shie, she apparently had a fear to look directly at Tanaka’s face. But now their dream is have a wedding ceremony in another country when their kids grow up, at least, Shie said it at Twitter at 2012 or 2013, I have not sure.
And about Matsumoto, I think that his marriage with Ihara Rin happened because of her pregnancy.