Presentation about Japan

Hi there,

A firend of mine has to write a presentation about japan for class, what would you suggest to write about?

rgds

He could write about Gaki no Tsukai! :P

Or just japanese entertainment in general…
Or japanese music or something like that.

When he figures out what he wants to write about then just tell us here on the forum… maybe we can help with some funny or interesting facts.

i think that the religion is a must to talk about… Many of their customs are influenced by Shinto. Also the most significant points like major historical periods and tragedies…

well indeed it would be nice if she could wirte about GNT, but this will actually be a test for her years note, so its kinda impossible to add something funny to it ;)

the thing about culture and religion was obvious, but isnt there something else ? maybe must see places like the eifel tower ??

japanese culture and fish, would be an interesting topic, i remember there is quite a revealing documentary about it too.

(Whaling, koi etc…)

[quote:2e4tp2k7][i:2e4tp2k7]Originally posted by Sandman[/i:2e4tp2k7]
the thing about culture and religion was obvious, but isnt there something else ? maybe must see places like the eifel tower ??[/quote:2e4tp2k7]

Things to see… I can only think of Tokyo Tower and the different wards in Tokyo such as Shibuya (fashion) and Akiba (Anime and gaming) and some of the other wards. Don’t exactly know what the other wards got to offer.
I also know there is a bridge or an area where there always are lots people doing cosplay or just wearing very weird cloth.

Or as Ilovework says - you can write about whaling.
I personally don’t mind it that much, but many people in the world does…
That reminds me about a video I saw recently. It’s about an Australian guy asking japanese people about what they think about whaling. I can try finding a link to it if your friend is interested.

Edit:
Found the video :)
[url:2e4tp2k7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZe_vJ7i_FA[/url:2e4tp2k7]

[quote:1733rygs][i:1733rygs]Originally posted by MorizakiVS[/i:1733rygs]
i think that the religion is a must to talk about… Many of their customs are influenced by Shinto. Also the most significant points like major historical periods and tragedies…[/quote:1733rygs]
I also think so.