Recommend me a bunch of good ones!

So the holiday break is coming around and its time for another anime binge! my last one was in august, and in the span of 3 days I saw these:

All the Hajime no Ippo
As many Golgo eps as i could find
Rewatched all of trigun, because… well… it’s trigun.
All of the Kaiji eps (Was hoping they were going to make a movie for this, but they made that guy from deathnote kaiji and he is a terrible actor)

And some random eps from other series.

So I want at least 4-5 series to watch this weekend. I can’t list what i’ve already seen as even i dont know at this point, but list what you think are good. And no mainstream ones. by that i mean no code geass, or alchemist, etc. not cause mainstream sucks, but because ive already seen them :P. Im thinking more along the lines of berserk, basilisk, etc.

if you have time… I have some good mangas you can read… not anime but just as good

Worst----- manliest manga EVER!!!
Eyeshield 21---- anime and the manga is finish
The Breaker-----Korean manga
Witch Hunter----another Korean manga
If you haven’t seen Cowboy Bebop you SHOULD!!! OR REWATCH IT!!!
Ippo Movie!!!
One Piece Strong World

I’ll tell you if i can think of some more good anianga… (anime + manga)

Claymore *
Ninja Scroll
Bastard!
Gungrave
Trinity Blood *
Get Backers
Hellsing *
Desert Punk
Elfen Lied *
Gantz
Saikano *
Gunslinger Girl *
Paranoia Agent *
School Days
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan *
Witchblade *
Mnemosyne *
Gun x Sword *
GTO
Escaflowne *
Samurai Champloo *
Tengen Toppa Gurren Langan *
Ergo Proxy *

…and so on. The ones with asterisks are series I’ve seen and for sure recommend to you. The others are as close recommendation to what you have been watching so far.

Deep breath

Akira
Azumanga Daioh
Astro Fighter Sunred - My current favorite anime
Aura Battler Dunbine
Black Lagoon
Blue Gale Xabungle
Bobobo Bo-bobo
Captain Harlock
Chi’s Sweet Home (So cute it’ll piss you off!!)
Cowboy Bebop
Cromartie High School
Detroit Metal City
Dragonball (original series, forget Z or GT)
Druaga
Ebichu
Excel Saga
FLCL
Full Metal Panic
Galaxy Express 999
Galaxy Railways (Multiple Series)
Ghost in the Shell (Movies and multiple series)
Golden Boy
Gundam (Universal Century shows)
Gunsmith Cats
Ichigo Mashimaro
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu (multiple Series
Kaiketsu Zorori
Keroro Gunso
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Lupin III
Macross or Robotech
Magical Pokan
Monster
One Piece
Otaku No Video
Overman King Gainer
Patlabor
Potemayo
Read or Die
Record of Lodoss War
Ronin Warriors
Rurouni Kenshin (stop after Kyoto arc)
Samurai Pizza Cats
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Multiple series)
Space Battleship Yamato (Multiple series and Movies)
Tekkaman Blade
Uruseri Yatsura
Votoms (multiple series)
Zoids Chaotic Century

not so many here
Great Teacher Onizuka (Comedy,Ex Gangleader becomes teacher)
Sakigake Cromartie Highschool (comedy,too crazy but short episodes)
Midori no Hibi (romance?, girl appears as boys hand)
Rune Soldier Louie (action/comedy, hero tale without cliche hero?)
Twelve Kingdoms (action/drama, long story fantasy world someting)
FLCL (action/comedy, weird anime, but cool to watch)

hope this helped you

Wow, a lot of good recommendations!
Let’s see if I can add a few.

Cromartie Highschool - I know it’s already mentioned, but it’s a must see!!! Even the live-action movie is pretty good.

Most of the Gundam series.

Peace Maker Kurogane - It’s about a young boy joining the Shinsengumi, pretty good story(historical, sword fighting, the boy learns the harsh ways of the Shinsengumi).

Dead Leaves - Insane anime movie with a guy who has a tv as a head. Worht a shot if you wanna see a ridiculous and violent movie(weird sci-fi comedy thingy).

Desert Punk - Good series with a lot of humor based around a perverted handyman/bounty hunter(post-apocalyptic desert setting).

Seirei no Moribito - A more serious and mature story about a spear-wielding female bodyguard, who ends up protecting a royal kid(historic Asian setting, seems to be a mix of Chinese and Japanese culture).

Blood + - Good series if you know/enjoyed the anime movie Blood: the last vampire(modern day vampire stuff).

Blade of the Immortal - Very good and violent samurai anime, based around a girl who’s out for avenging her parents and hires a bodyguard to help her(historic samurai action with some mystical elements, the manga is better IMO).

Sword of the Stranger - Very good movie and I highly recommend it. It’s about a mysterious stranger with a past that’s catching up to him. He comes across an orphan boy, who becomes the target of a strange foreign group. The stranger has to face his past and protect the boy at all cost(historic samurai-esque action with some fantasy elements).

I’ll leave it at that for now.

here’s a few from what i have watched:

slamdunk: action, basketball, comedy, high school, school life, shounen, sports.
story is finished through the manga. though it was lacking… we want season 2!! ~_~ … 101 episodes.

great teacher onizuka: comedy, cming of age, high school, school life, shounen.
manga has a better ending, i suppose. 43 episodes.

rurouni kenshin (series and ova): action, bakumatsu - meiji era, comedy, historical, martial arts, romance, samurai, shounen, swordplay.
the series has 94 episodes (much like sidequests). oav has 4 episodes (much more detailed of how kenshin became legendary).

school rumble: comedy, daily life, high school, love polygon, parody, romance, school life, shounen, slapstick.
52 episodes in 2 seasons and 2 extra episodes. authors sure has a lot of stories around schools…

dragonball (z, gt, etc. etc.): action, adventure, androids, combat, comedy, fantasy, magic, martial arts, scifi, shounen, slapstick, super power.
no idea how many episodes this series has. though if you really want to watch it, you’d have to search the net.
BUT if you want a more compacted version of it, dragonball kai is almost finished… has 38 episodes.

black cat: action, bounty hunters, conspiracy, gunfights, human enhancement, martial arts, parallel universe, scifi, shounen, super power, violence.
i have no idea if i read the manga or watched the anime… too many anime/manga in my directory(head) -_-;

cross game: baseball, clubs, high school, school life, shounen, sports.
adachi mitsuru is a genius. his manga’s are of great quality and i’m really grateful that this manga got animated.

major: baseball, coming of age, shounen, sports.
another great sports anime. from childhood to 20’s(?). the progress of the story is really great.

that’s it for my list of recommendations for now. you will need more than a month if you want to watch dragonball’s series anyway… i’ll add more if you want~

oh, if you want more info on these anime’s, go here: anidb.net
happy, watching~

Like everyone else said:

Get [color=red:3ttaf903][b:3ttaf903]Great Teacher Onizuka[/b:3ttaf903][/color:3ttaf903] if you haven’t already, it’s really one of the top anime.

Also get [color=red:3ttaf903][b:3ttaf903]Elfen Lied[/b:3ttaf903][/color:3ttaf903], great anime. It’s my favourite.

Check [color=red:3ttaf903][b:3ttaf903]GunGrave [/b:3ttaf903][/color:3ttaf903]out aswell, it’s a very good series.

For a long and entertaining series, get [color=red:3ttaf903][b:3ttaf903]Monster[/b:3ttaf903][/color:3ttaf903].

Last, but not least. Get [color=red:3ttaf903][b:3ttaf903]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/b:3ttaf903][/color:3ttaf903].

If you need help trying to get links for these anime just let me know.

Check the AnimeReactor Community awards, they’re pretty spot on.
[url:258gqfrx]http://forum.anime-reactor.net/viewforum.php?f=23[/url:258gqfrx]

Also this thread tends to get updated with the lineup for the upcoming/next season
[url:258gqfrx]http://forum.anime-reactor.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21790[/url:258gqfrx]

One of the good ones that hasn’t been mentioned yet is Death Note, also check out the Hellsing OVAs that are currently coming out about once a year. Its more true to the manga than the anime series is (or as I am told)

Then [i:258gqfrx]new[/i:258gqfrx] FullMetal Alchemist anime is also more similar to the manga than the previous series.

The “When They Cry” series is really awesome (“Higurashi no Naku Koro ni” and “Umineko no Naku Koro ni”). If you like mystery and if you’re not hemophobic lol.

I also like “Galaxy Angel”,a funny anime with a lot of absurd and non-sense situations.

Am definitely seconding Twelve Kingdoms and Seirei no Moribito.

I’m also throwing in Ranma 1/2 and Planetes. 2 completely different genres but they’re GREAT anime.

Really? NO GINTAMA? Gintama is the funniest anime I have ever seen. So many Japanese references, it’s hilarious. My advice is to watch at least 10 episodes before deciding to stop or continue.

I just finished watching Azumanga Daioh… its soooo cute it makes you wanna puke.

no1 mentioned Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or K-On! (possibly the biggest series last year).

and bro, if your just getting into anime… DO NOT watch elfen lied. hell, ive got well over 100, going on 200, and i could barely get through like 3 eps. its intense.

and just noticed, no1 mentioned berserk? wtf… its one of the best anime, and at the same time 1 of the worst (as the ending was handled poorly by the anime studio). but still definitely worth checking out.

all the good ones got mentioned already, but there is one more that i would like to add…

Welcome to the N.H.K.

[url:1mrkqvlx]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_N.H.K.[/url:1mrkqvlx]

Jigoku Shoujo - All 3 seasons
Its very interesting and was considered the companion anime to Death Note. One of my personal favourites.

Clamp X - Its sorta old now but very epic I reckon.

Yukikaze - Its an OVA so its quite short, but of high quality story telling.

Last Exile - I just love how serious it is and I love how beautiful the storyline is constructed. Another personal favourite.

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto - This anime doesn’t have a english name cuz it was never released overseas. I really liked this one since its based in the bakumatsu era similar to Rurouni Kenshin.

I don’t watch much mainstream anime so I have a little list.

I have more though but I can’t remember the names at the moment.

Ghost in the Shell is a great classic one if you haven’t seen it. I actually just bought a remastered version on Blu Ray. Cant wait to watch it this weekend.

Appleseed and Appleseed Ex-Machina i think are great also, they look fantastic too. I wish there were more animes that looked like that.

Check out my list [url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Qurao:2krwljfw]here[/url:2krwljfw]. Very nice site for keeping track of your anime too :D

You should watch Slam Dunk.

Yeah! i can’t believe most of the people here didn’t include gintama !
Gintama is the funniest anime ever.