Relationships of the 5

[quote="Zauchi":1pd5dowo]I believe the only reason why they don’t hang out outside of work is because what would they talk or joke about on TV, if they already laughed and joked about it the night before?

It would be like you were repeating yourself and fake laughing at the jokes.

I have a mate since childhood that I see occasionally but if we were to go out drinking with other people I hardly speak to him outside because if we did when he comes round mine the next time we won’t have anything to talk or laugh about because we may have done that already.

Though I am sure any one is the same. Remember those times or that time when you hanged out with your mate 24/7, by the end of it jokes become stale and you got nothing to talk about, because you were hanging out 24/7 so you both know what happened. lol

Yeah that my guess anyways and I think it makes more sense then wondering if they actually like each other or not. lol[/quote:1pd5dowo]

Agreed :nod:

Is it just me or does it seem that Yamasaki seems like the one thats left out? I mean Hamada and Matsumoto are Downtown and Endo and Tanaka are Cocorico and Yamaskai is just there. Like Hamada and Matsumoto grew up together and know alot about each other and would probably hang out together than with any of the other members, on the other hand Endo and Tanaka grew up together as well and seem to get along together than with any of the other members. Yamasaki doesn’t have a counterpart or a buddy, it just seems to me like he’s left out in some sense. what do u guys think?

To hungry, imho I thing you’re wrong. Even though he’s the 5th wheeler, well 3rd since he was there before cocorico, he adds a different dynamic to gaki and that’s the beauty of it. Gaki is still going strong and Yama-chan is an important member of that crew and isn’t going anywhere. Cheers

[quote="imprezza":2fbpnhqs]To hungry, imho I thing you’re wrong. Even though he’s the 5th wheeler, well 3rd since he was there before cocorico, he adds a different dynamic to gaki and that’s the beauty of it. Gaki is still going strong and Yama-chan is an important member of that crew and isn’t going anywhere. Cheers[/quote:2fbpnhqs]

yea i guess i guess you really cant find a counterpart for yamasaki tho.

I agree with what Freekill98 and CrotchBat said.
You also see the most kouhai -> senpai jokes coming from Yamazaki directed at Hamada imho.

[quote="Naxel":21ntb3ve]That’s interesting, I always assumed that Matsumoto was the oldest because Yamazaki commented on his age in the Hotel Batsu game, If you remember when they’re having noodles from just 1 bowl. :rofl:

But you’re right, Hamada is indeed the oldest and probably the most respected behind the scene at least.[/quote:21ntb3ve]

Age is not as important as how long you’re at a company.

[quote="ChocoboXii00":21ntb3ve]
Pretty much every word written in Katakana ( the more straight, modern looking alphabet ) is in fact a foreign word, this goes for english, italian, french whatever. They used them for a long time now, especially since the US occcupation after WW2.[/quote:21ntb3ve]

That is not really true.
Often abbreviations are written in Katakana.
And let’s not forget about youth language, which heavily utilizes Katakana because it’s "edgy", even for mundane Japanese words.
Also, in manga, anime, literature or similar things noises are often written in Katakana. E.g. ポツポツ ([i:21ntb3ve]potsu potsu[/i:21ntb3ve]) is the noise drops of fluids make when they hit something.

EDIT:
Also, just to clarify, Katakana were not always only used for these things. In older Japanese texts (not exactly sure when, but 100+ years ago) Katakana were used as particles.
Eventhough a small thing, but also relevant, ON-readings (sino-japanese reading) in dictionaries are often written in Katakana so they’re easier to identify.

Being a celebrity in Japan is apparently [i:3lw64mu0]brutally[/i:3lw64mu0] difficult and Downtown has had at least two regular TV shows every week for almost their entire career. Even if they’re super Best Friendies For Lifeies, I don’t blame them for not wanting to spend time together after work :V Ditto for Cocorico to a lesser extent.

Like I said in another thread, I think everyone wonders what Downtown’s true relationship is to each other except Downtown themselves, so I try not to dwell on it lately. XD

But I think this explains why Yamasaki is the only one who hangs out with pretty much all of them outside of GnT. Going out with your work partner is likely to make you want to talk about of work, instead of just unwinding. There’s an advantage to being the fifth wheel! :D
On the show itself Yamasaki often seems to team up with Matsumoto, for sports challenges and things.