Shinboru (The Symbol) 2009 [Subbed]

[quote:pjhmvcja][i:pjhmvcja]Originally posted by Tokamak[/i:pjhmvcja]
His movie is selected for IFF Rotterdam, and as far as I know, he’s there too! If that’s true, I’m going to see him in real![/quote:pjhmvcja]

Yeah, it is selected for the IFF indeed, if you do see him, and you get a chance to take some pics, would you share it with us?

en ik weet niet of je zelf nederlander bent, maar het zou idd onwijs gaaf zijn om hem idd te ontmoeten!!

[quote:2hi4azuk][i:2hi4azuk]Originally posted by belthazor1[/i:2hi4azuk]

[quote:2hi4azuk][i:2hi4azuk]Originally posted by Tokamak[/i:2hi4azuk]
His movie is selected for IFF Rotterdam, and as far as I know, he’s there too! If that’s true, I’m going to see him in real![/quote:2hi4azuk]

Yeah, it is selected for the IFF indeed, if you do see him, and you get a chance to take some pics, would you share it with us?

en ik weet niet of je zelf nederlander bent, maar het zou idd onwijs gaaf zijn om hem idd te ontmoeten!![/quote:2hi4azuk]

Ik ben idd Nederlander ;). En het was erg gaaf geweest!

But he wasn’t there ;(. And I wanted to ask him a question afterwards… Anyway, the movie is really great! And the IFFR public thinks the same! It currently sits in the top ten (out of 200+ movies) of public favourites!

[quote:t2vwikfs][i:t2vwikfs]Originally posted by Tokamak[/i:t2vwikfs]

[quote:t2vwikfs][i:t2vwikfs]Originally posted by belthazor1[/i:t2vwikfs]

[quote:t2vwikfs][i:t2vwikfs]Originally posted by Tokamak[/i:t2vwikfs]
His movie is selected for IFF Rotterdam, and as far as I know, he’s there too! If that’s true, I’m going to see him in real![/quote:t2vwikfs]

en ik weet niet of je zelf nederlander bent, maar het zou idd onwijs gaaf zijn om hem idd te ontmoeten!![/quote:t2vwikfs]

But he wasn’t there ;(. And I wanted to ask him a question afterwards… Anyway, the movie is really great! And the IFFR public thinks the same! It currently sits in the top ten (out of 200+ movies) of public favourites![/quote:t2vwikfs]

Too bad he wasnt there in person, but hey, at least you got to see the movie! And of course it was great, did you expect anything else? :lol:

And wow, if its in the top ten, then it must be one helluva movie indeed! cant wait to see it myself!

[quote:3trornuq][i:3trornuq]Originally posted by belthazor1[/i:3trornuq]

[quote:3trornuq][i:3trornuq]Originally posted by Tokamak[/i:3trornuq]

[quote:3trornuq][i:3trornuq]Originally posted by belthazor1[/i:3trornuq]

[quote:3trornuq][i:3trornuq]Originally posted by Tokamak[/i:3trornuq]
His movie is selected for IFF Rotterdam, and as far as I know, he’s there too! If that’s true, I’m going to see him in real![/quote:3trornuq]

en ik weet niet of je zelf nederlander bent, maar het zou idd onwijs gaaf zijn om hem idd te ontmoeten!![/quote:3trornuq]

But he wasn’t there ;(. And I wanted to ask him a question afterwards… Anyway, the movie is really great! And the IFFR public thinks the same! It currently sits in the top ten (out of 200+ movies) of public favourites![/quote:3trornuq]

Too bad he wasnt there in person, but hey, at least you got to see the movie! And of course it was great, did you expect anything else? :lol:

And wow, if its in the top ten, then it must be one helluva movie indeed! cant wait to see it myself![/quote:3trornuq]

Just go and see it :D. The last screening on saturday is already sold out nonetheless.

It ended at place 26 with a score of 4.2/5

The reactions seem to be even more enthusiastic:

I hope we can expect a new movie by director Hitoshi every year!
Symbol is bizarrely brilliant!

Such an ingenious, bizarre movie! I have laughed alot and the end is very surprising! Recommended!

Artisticly insane movie by an artisticly insane person. Only from Japan. Go see this!

Best movie of the festival!
And I’ve seen 40 movies, so… this is highly recommended! Should not be missing in any cult-colection! The mainstream would probably also like this!

I liked Dainipponjin very much, but Symbol is just perfect!

Most extraordinary, ingenious, funny movie ever seen on the IFFR!

Any idea if anyone is subbing this movie? I found the torrent for it (avistaz) but there aren’t any subs, and can’t see anything about anyone attempting to sub it…

Fansubs for movies are kinda rare, usually subs for J-movies come from the Chinese dvd’s (50% of the time these subs are really bad) and hard subbed film festival screeners.

There isn’t a huge fansubbing community for J-Movies like there is Anime and Dorama, occasionally fansubs appear but it’s rare.

although as it’s a movie related to a gaki member maybe someone from this community would sub it…I’m willing to do the timing if there isn’t timing already.

There arent much lines in this movie. Since this is a movie for an international public, the jokes mostly are visual instead of verbal. Matsumoto mostly is silent and only sometimes says something. The most lines are Spanish, which is one of the most spoken language in the world. If there are Spanish or Hispanic people on this forum, it probably won’t be much of a problem. The Japanese mostly seems to be simple and is just a side-job imo.

Good news to ya’ll!!! I’m uploading it in MU (RAW), in some time you’ll have a MU link for the Movie :D

… And since you may know i speak Spanish (I’m a proudly Mexican!)… So I’m planning on subbing this one… I’ll just be needing some help with the other languages lines… Just the transduction and the time when the line come up… That will be all… Leave the easy Japanese phrases and all the Spanish ones for me… If anyone wanna help please tell me here or PM… Thanks!!

… By the way… Will be HardSubbed :holy: 8)

Awesome dude can’t wait!

Could someone provide me RapidShare links please? :)

All right my friends… Here’s the MU link of the movie!!!

[CENTER][url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4Y1SW9J:p4lkox7k]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4Y1SW9J[/url:p4lkox7k][/CENTER]
CENTER[/CENTER]

[color=darkred:p4lkox7k][size=134:p4lkox7k]NOTE: It’s not subbed![/size:p4lkox7k][/color:p4lkox7k]

Enjoy and please help me sub it ;)… I can do all the Spanish and some (barely) japanese ones… So i’ll appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Possibly fastest download ever from megaupload. Appreciate this very much OrosaMx!! where did you find this??

Better hurry while soups on and get this before it goes cold and megaupload admins throw it away!

[quote:fbrjnvoy][i:fbrjnvoy]Originally posted by OrosaMx[/i:fbrjnvoy]
All right my friends… Here’s the MU link of the movie!!!

[CENTER][url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4Y1SW9J:fbrjnvoy]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4Y1SW9J[/url:fbrjnvoy][/CENTER]
CENTER[/CENTER]

[color=darkred:fbrjnvoy][size=134:fbrjnvoy]NOTE: It’s not subbed![/size:fbrjnvoy][/color:fbrjnvoy]

Enjoy and please help me sub it ;)… I can do all the Spanish and some (barely) japanese ones… So i’ll appreciate any help.

Thank you![/quote:fbrjnvoy]

Sweet! I’ve been waiting patiently for this film for so long. Thanks a ton.

Hey! Feels so good to be Mexican and watch this movie, you get a lot of extra-laughs… :clap:

So… As you all may know i’m trying to do the subs for this one, since i think i’m the only one who’s native tongue is Spanish so i’m planning on do this one… But i have one trouble… I already had 40 min (The half!! :pinch:) done and i realized that the resulting file was extremely heavy (About 40 Gb :blink:)… Si i want some of the subbers of this forum to teach me or at least tell me which subbing program will be good to this one… Once i have the program it won’t take me long to do the subs… They are very easily in fact… :D

Please help me with that!

Wow 40 minutes already thats impressive! Wish I could offer some help, unfortunately I dont know anything about subbing :pinch:

Thanks for the upload.

Subbing news everyone!!

2 news, one is a bad one and the other is a good one:

Good: I just found and learned how to use a subbing software… I will have the subs between today and tomorrow…

Bad: It’ll be a .srt file… Sorry no Hardsubs :unsure:

That’s all by now… And keep looking for the subs :drool:

Awesome, soft subs is fine by me, thanks for all the hard work!

All right people!! Took me less than expected! I got the subs for this one… I made them…

Thanks to Hidensetsu for the help offering :D

Please tell me if they work well or if it’s something missing… It’s my first time dubbing and subbing so any observation will be apriciatted! :D

[CENTER][b:zi6s9qhk][color=firebrick:zi6s9qhk]Here’s the link for .srt file:[/color:zi6s9qhk][/b:zi6s9qhk][/CENTER]

[CENTER][url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FD6PHZLS:zi6s9qhk]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FD6PHZLS[/url:zi6s9qhk][/CENTER]

[CENTER][b:zi6s9qhk][color=darkred:zi6s9qhk]Just in case… It goes in this movie file:[/color:zi6s9qhk][/b:zi6s9qhk][/CENTER]

[CENTER][url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4Y1SW9J:zi6s9qhk]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4Y1SW9J[/url:zi6s9qhk][/CENTER]

Enjoy as much as i enjoyed doing them for minna san! :D