So, just curious, estimate when spies will be fully subbed?

Not rushing, I swear, I am just curious to when the whole thing will be set. I don’t know how long Spies is exactly, and the team is going at a very fast pace. I thank you guys alot, really. :)

My concern though, is I got a convention in April, and well, spies is really a top contender for one of the best ones I have seen. I was thinking, if it is done by my con (4/21-4/24), that I would bring it into the city with me, and have my con group watch it the night before the con. If not, I was just thinking of using Hotelman. Like I said, spies is going really fast from what I see, I mean… we have what… 2 and a half hours translated so far? I doubt it is THAT much longer, but I dunno. :S… I know some parts in spies that would really knock the funny bone off of my friends, and just want to see if it is possible come that time.

Yeah. At first I thought it was 3 hours long but now I think Spy Batsu was one of those 6 hour long ones. I’m not sure. I really want it to be 6 hours. Yeah, it takes longer to sub, but I really am enjoying it and don’t want it to end. If it is 6 hours, we’re almost half way there which is pretty darn fast.

Even if it were 20 hours long, the sub group is working hella fast. And yeah, the longer the better, but I just want to know at this point if I can or cannot get it in time. :P… Spies is so damn awesome. The first one that has had me awaiting every next thing for a while now. It would be the perfect one to relax in the hotel room to watch and break some gaki/batsu game virginities. :)

April or beginning of May. Depends on the amount of updates per month, which also depends on the free time each individual subber has. So right now from what I’m seeing there’s about 3 updates per month with 1.5 hours, omit February with only 2 updates (compared to the 6hrs-Hotelman subbing project where Shibata updated about 3-4 times with 10 minutes), which likely equals to 4 months in total if approximately 90 minutes are updated per month equaling 360 minutes.

It’s about one month less than Shibata’s Hotelman updates.

But don’t quote me. I’m only guessing half awake. I probably don’t even know wtf I’m typing right now.

Damn, Spies that long? Like I said, I cannot complain as I love it to death so far, but wow. They really like these long showings lately.

[quote="Yukito":zbyn1nng]
[/quote:zbyn1nng]
Lol be careful what you say around him about the spy subs.

The Spy Batsu is more like 4.5 hrs, its 6 hrs and change when you factor in the commercials…which are taken out.

And it’ll probably be done once everyone stops asking and simply just waits…so if you wanna speed up the process (seriously), go watch other shows…all your favorite reruns, including reruns of already subtitled batsu games. If you’ve seen all the batsu games, explore all of Gaki, get to know who they are, how they got started in this business, what other skits they do (500 Quizzes, the kiki series, Absolutely Tasty, etc), and find all the vids you can of the comedians behind Gaki (plenty of subbed stuff there). Once you do that, then note some of the guest comedians who often make appearances, and go find subbed videos of their performances everywhere else. Repeat this over and over until you’ve learned at least10 more comedians, their combi (if applicable), their trademark jokes, and history in the business. By the time you’re done, so will the subs for the spy batsu.

Like I said, I have the patience of a saint with the subs. It is just my con. I just want to know if it is at all, possible that I could have it all by them. Not requesting a speed up or anything. I just want to know if it is at all likely to happen. If not, it is no dirt off my shoulder, as I can use another batsu game.

My post was meant for less patient souls who are bound to read this thread. I’m glad you’re able to wait…we need more people like you around these forums :)

why nobody read the BIG ANNOUNCE in da main page…srly…

the rifles are loaded , stay in the line and look towards me please…
…yes…like that , perfect…
…don’t move now…

:devil:

[quote="Yukito":oftxxy5e]Like I said, I have the patience of a saint with the subs. It is just my con. I just want to know if it is at all, possible that I could have it all by them. Not requesting a speed up or anything. I just want to know if it is at all likely to happen. If not, it is no dirt off my shoulder, as I can use another batsu game.[/quote:oftxxy5e]

It probably won’t be finished around your convention… Even if, it’ll still be here once you get back :)

– Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 am –

[quote="crazy_buffalo":oftxxy5e]the rifles are loaded , stay in the line and look towards me please…
…don’t move now…

:devil:[/quote:oftxxy5e]

What the hell? What does that have to do with anything?

[quote="JordansOcarina":2nlmwuin]

[quote="crazy_buffalo":2nlmwuin]the rifles are loaded , stay in the line and look towards me please…
…don’t move now…

:devil:[/quote:2nlmwuin]

What the hell? What does that have to do with anything?[/quote:2nlmwuin]

execution ? :devil:

come on , i mean , in a way or another people keep asking , it will certainly be finish before july and certainly not tomorrow , it’s the most we can say …( i know the original poster said he wasn’t in a hurry and was just a simple question)
i’m not mad about the question (really) but you will see that there’s going to be more people again who are going to ask this…

:bow:

[quote="wingslats":1jo5n75d]My post was meant for less patient souls who are bound to read this thread. I’m glad you’re able to wait…we need more people like you around these forums :)[/quote:1jo5n75d]

What are you talking about! There are so many patient people on the forums. like PerfectionXII from the chatbox for an example. :)

GAAAAH THAT DUDE NEEDS TO SHUT OFF HIS COMPUTER! OR THE FORCES OF EARTH MUST SMITE HIM!!! (actually at time of writing his comp is off…or at least he’s signed off and turned into an anon so I get the impression he’s turned it off) :-p

(SHHH! I’m Dere-kun’s spy account, the mods on this forum don’t like me so everytime I create an account I get banned relatively quickly… reasoning behind it is between them and me I’m probably in the wrong, but in either case I created this account to give a more accurate timing estimate for you guys)

Now to restate though, this is UNOFFICIAL nothing is guaranteed. We have been having less free time recently so delays may and have occurred. I don’t intend on leaking too much info, however, what I can say is that the date the OP mentioned seems REASONABLE at best. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE, all I am saying is it is REASONABLE.

-Derek

your one month suspension on your derekun account already expired, stop making new accounts.

[quote="Kyon":34wdn2lx]your one month suspension on your derekun account already expired, stop making new accounts.[/quote:34wdn2lx]

I didn’t know what kind of suspension it was or for how long, all I know is that I had an IP ban which didn’t mean much cause I have a dynamic IP address and from there if I created a new account I would get rebanned.

Sorry, I don’t appreciate western culture being enforced in places of Japanese cultural celebration.