Started my own Batsu Series.

Hey thx for liking the show. We live in New Jersey and that lake is right down the street from my house.

Well done! awesome video

Newest episode…

[video:fyvvi230]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_-oNh06Y-Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUu2OMCnAimvRaEZoXL5cL5A[/video:fyvvi230]

wow! excellent work!

I want to try something like this here in Brazil. I’ll try a different version of Yamachan’s Wasabi Sushi Russian Roulette.

[quote="Leo-Kun":3daat2tz]wow! excellent work!

I want to try something like this here in Brazil. I’ll try a different version of Yamachan’s Wasabi Sushi Russian Roulette.[/quote:3daat2tz]

Wow, that sounds really exciting, Leo-Kun! I await your roulette game’s release with bated breath! Also, please tell me how you can afford to buy fifty pieces of sushi :D .

[quote="Ni Oxx":3pxq8xnx][quote="Leo-Kun":3pxq8xnx]wow! excellent work!

I want to try something like this here in Brazil. I’ll try a different version of Yamachan’s Wasabi Sushi Russian Roulette.[/quote:3pxq8xnx]

Wow, that sounds really exciting, Leo-Kun! I await your roulette game’s release with bated breath! Also, please tell me how you can afford to buy fifty pieces of sushi :D .[/quote:3pxq8xnx]

…so, that’s why it’s a DIFFERENT version. we’ll use jelly and pepper:

one day, a friend of mine trolled a friend of hers by putting onions on her jelly. she found out that the jelly could intensify the onion’s taste. later on, I tested pepper powder on jelly to see if the effect was the same… and it was.

[quote="Leo-Kun":ilh9rop1][quote="Ni Oxx":ilh9rop1][quote="Leo-Kun":ilh9rop1]wow! excellent work!

I want to try something like this here in Brazil. I’ll try a different version of Yamachan’s Wasabi Sushi Russian Roulette.[/quote:ilh9rop1]

Wow, that sounds really exciting, Leo-Kun! I await your roulette game’s release with bated breath! Also, please tell me how you can afford to buy fifty pieces of sushi :D .[/quote:ilh9rop1]

…so, that’s why it’s a DIFFERENT version. we’ll use jelly and pepper:

one day, a friend of mine trolled a friend of hers by putting onions on her jelly. she found out that the jelly could intensify the onion’s taste. later on, I tested pepper powder on jelly to see if the effect was the same… and it was.[/quote:ilh9rop1]

You can try the ‘‘Wasabi Ice Cream’’ prank, where you freeze Wasabi and serve it as Ice Cream. Trust me, that would be even funnier.

[quote="VideogameDC":1bf1kzdk]You can try the ‘‘Wasabi Ice Cream’’ prank, where you freeze Wasabi and serve it as Ice Cream. Trust me, that would be even funnier.[/quote:1bf1kzdk]

wow… never thought about that one. Wasabi is a bit expensive here in Brazil, I think we can have it mixed with normal ice cream, then.

What if the Wasabi loses it’s spicyness (Don’t know if that’s even a real word) with the Ice Cream?

[quote="VideogameDC":1gkpqk9u]What if the Wasabi loses it’s spicyness (Don’t know if that’s even a real word) with the Ice Cream?[/quote:1gkpqk9u]

good point sir. but it doesn’t lose spicyness(if that’s not a real word, NOW IT IS :D )with the sushi rolls.it will be trial-and-error.

[quote="Leo-Kun":3qk7v3w2][quote="VideogameDC":3qk7v3w2]What if the Wasabi loses it’s spicyness (Don’t know if that’s even a real word) with the Ice Cream?[/quote:3qk7v3w2]

good point sir. but it doesn’t lose spicyness(if that’s not a real word, NOW IT IS :D )with the sushi rolls.it will be trial-and-error.[/quote:3qk7v3w2]

If I’m not mistaken, wasabi’s "hotness" comes from a different chemical than does the spiciness of hot chilies, which comes from capsaicin. As VidDC alluded to, the high fat content in the ice cream [i:3qk7v3w2]would[/i:3qk7v3w2] reduce the spiciness of any chili-derived spices you mixed in with the ice cream, such as hot pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, etc (this wouldn’t happen if you used fat-free ice cream, thought that’s a batsu in itself). But, I don’t think that whatever makes wasabi hot reacts with fat, and so the wasabi would be just as spicy, whatever you mixed it into. In the same vein, black pepper’s spiciness comes from piperin, another hot-tasting molecule. I don’t know for sure whether either wasabi or black pepper would be safe to use in ice cream (that is, it wouldn’t lose its spice by reacting with the milkfat), but black pepper is cheaper than wasabi, and just as effective, assuming fat doesn’t temper its spice like it does capsaicin’s. So you might want to give it a try.

Another point, especially with black pepper, is that it’s probably important that the presence of whatever you use to spice the food up isn’t noticeable - to keep the game fair and the chances random. For black pepper, two possible solutions would be to (a) mix the pepper into dark-colored ice cream, such as chocolate walnut, or (b) to grind the pepper very fine and use a predominantly-white ice cream that already has noticeable black inclusions, such as cookies-and-cream or a brand of vanilla that has lots of vanilla bean seeds mixed in, so that the presence of the dark granules wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary. In the same way, if you used a brand of wasabi that was strongly green-colored, because some are dyed green by the factory, you could mix it in with a green flavor of ice cream, like pistachio or mint chocolate chip.

Also, wasabi-flavored ice cream is actually a thing, amusingly.

[quote="Ni Oxx":3q1v91ec]Another point, especially with black pepper, is that it’s probably important that the presence of whatever you use to spice the food up isn’t noticeable - to keep the game fair and the chances random. [/quote:3q1v91ec]

yeah, the jelly is dark-colored (grape). so the pepper powder isn’t noticeable.

[quote="Leo-Kun":3ftkyhfr]
yeah, the jelly is dark-colored (grape). so the pepper powder isn’t noticeable.[/quote:3ftkyhfr]

Oh, good, lol. When are you filming the batsu?

[quote="Ni Oxx":1yn1wimi]Oh, good, lol. When are you filming the batsu?[/quote:1yn1wimi]

at home. we are just waiting for a good day when we are free to film it. I’m at the last year of university and this will kill me AND make me stronger at the same time.

[quote="Leo-Kun":2zv7048q]
at home. we are just waiting for a good day when we are free to film it. I’m at the last year of university and this will kill me AND make me stronger at the same time.[/quote:2zv7048q]

Haha, I’m in my junior year, so you’re a bit ahead of me, lol!