WORLD DOWNTOWN IS FINISHED!

I didn’t care much for this show at first. But, I gave it a chance and it’s grown on me. Though, right now, I’ve only watched the first ten episodes.

Can someone explain exactly what the three foreigners are doing with their voices? The first time I saw the show, I thought the audio/video was unsynched. Obviously, that’s not the case.

Who is actually speaking? And why are they choosing to do this awkward dubbing approach?

[quote="Dynasty":3ffoffyd]I didn’t care much for this show at first. But, I gave it a chance and it’s grown on me. Though, right now, I’ve only watched the first ten episodes.

Can someone explain exactly what the three foreigners are doing with their voices? The first time I saw the show, I thought the audio/video was unsynched. Obviously, that’s not the case.

Who is actually speaking? And why are they choosing to do this awkward dubbing approach?[/quote:3ffoffyd]

I’ve guessed before that the earphones they’re wearing in their left ears play the audio slightly ahead of the studio audio and the foreigners mouth what they are about to say as the audio comes out. There are a few times Natalia hears what her seiyu is saying, mouths it, but the audio doesn’t feed through the studio audio (episode 9 I think).

The reason why they dub the gaijin in Japanese is because the jokes are completely inappropriate for Japanese to say (like about Natalia shaving her pubes) and so they get gaijin to say it instead. I, myself, was pulled over for "driving while white" in Japan, and was a little buzzed, and decided to play the "I only speak English" technique on the cops. They kept asking me over an over if I spoke even a little Japanese, and I kept saying "What?" to them. It kept me from getting arrested after bar fights, fights with yakuza about certain lady friends, and some other issues that have landed me in jail. Japanese really don’t know what the hell to do with foreigners, and Takasu (the writer) completely takes advantage of this.

Thanks a lot for subbing this series and introducing me to Charee Virapong, FlydayChinatown.

Thanks a lot for these. Will watch through them, coming days. :)

this show is very disturbing
but so f**** hilarious !!
i cant stop laughing XD

So funny, i watched it in 2 days, not continuously anyway :)

Thank you for this explanation as well as the one about the dubbing (and the subs of course).

This show is amazing. Probably my favorite Downtown show aside from regular GnT.