Your Top 10 favourite Games/Game Series

Lesseeeee I’m mainly an rpg fanatic so lets dooo theees!

1. Final Fantasy (Any console any number. I <3 no matter what.)

2. Street Fighter ( Started on Turbo 2 on SNES now I’m pwning at SSF4 on the PS3 :P)

3. Star Ocean 2 (PSone)

4. Suikoden 2 (PSone)

5 Little Big Planet (PS3)

1. Super Mario Bros 1,2,3,World,RPG,64. Anything Mario basically ><

2. Any of the Dynasty Warriors, 3 Kingdoms or Samurai Warriors games <3 Koei

3. Golden Sun Series (GBA)

4. Starcraft 2 and HON/Dota if you guys know about PC games :P

and 10. Can I get an amen for the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade machine??!!

Honorable Mentions: God of War series, Need for Speed series, Gran Turismo series, Call of Duty MWF2, GUNBOUND?!! :P

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne[/b:a8xfvk3t] - Most JRPGs start out with a protagonist and his pals trying to prevent world domination/destruction/apocalypse–but not this game.

After the first 20 minutes of gameplay, the Conception happens where the world AKA Tokyo is destroyed and the protagonist, granted with demonic power from a mysterious boy, along with a roster of demon allies must set out in the Vortex World [size=84:a8xfvk3t](a fetal stage of the world, created by the Conception)[/size:a8xfvk3t] and help create a new world following a Reason created by other characters [size=84:a8xfvk3t](For a person to create the new world, they must possess a powerful inner philosophy that encompasses a set of natural laws that the new world would be based upon; your character, the Demi-Fiend, being part demon now, is forbidden to create a Reason(thankyouwiki!))[/size:a8xfvk3t] OR you could be a bad ass, piss in god’s face, side with darker forces and not follow any Reason at all resulting in 1 of 6 endings.

It’s a JRPG dungeon crawler that first featured the Press Turn system, in which more turns are available if an opponent’s weakness is exploited, a critical hit takes place or the combatant simply passes a turn resulting in a half-turn used instead of a full turn.

Most people that enjoy the Persona series (typically those who like P3/P4) tend to dislike Nocturne because: a) it’s “hard”, b) “no voice acting”, c) not enough story/dialogue and/or d) not Persona. [size=84:a8xfvk3t]Other people would comment that it’s just demonic Pokemon, which I could see but seriously the SMT series goes all the way back to the 80s.[/size:a8xfvk3t]

Idk, I really just about everything about this game-- characters, music, dungeons… just amazing.

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]Final Fantasy V[/b:a8xfvk3t] - This is I think the 4th Final Fantasy game that I’ve beaten and it turned out to be my favorite of the series. It expands on the Job System that was present in Final Fantasy III [size=84:a8xfvk3t](that is, the ORIGINAL game, not the game that came out on SNES- that one was really FFVI)[/size:a8xfvk3t]

Probably the most light-hearted FF, I’ve played. Sure shit happens but there’s a lot of goofy, silly humor thrown in there too. It introduced the character GILGAMESH, whom, IMO, is the best NPC (…really, he should have his own game) in the franchise.

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]ICO[/b:a8xfvk3t] - The first game made by Team ICO. It’s a love it or hate it game. You play Ico, a boy with horns sacrificed by his village because, well, you have horns and that’s bad, mkay. You break out of confinement and try to escape when you happen upon a frail, wispy-looking girl in a cage and you set her free. Hand in hand, you and the girl set out to escape from the castle grounds while protecting the girl from wraiths.

There’s not much music in this game (or dialogue, for that matter). It’s completely atmospheric and it’s impressive how much detail went into it considering its a CD-Rom PS2 game.

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask[/b:a8xfvk3t] - Highly underrated game, mostly because people still jizz over Ocarina of Time and of its grim three-day time limit plot.

The game takes place right after the events of OoT in a land called Termina. You get three days to fetch a mask that was stolen by an imp. Don’t have the mask by the time your three days are up? The MOON crashes down and everyone dies.

But who cares?! You’re LINK and you have your trusty Ocarina of Time that Zelda gave you and you can rewind back to the First Day using the Song of Time, thus giving you plenty of time to get that darn mask back.

[size=84:a8xfvk3t]Side note: I’m currently watching SirRonLionHeart’s LP of this game and it brings back memories. :o[/size:a8xfvk3t]

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]Shadow of the Colossus[/b:a8xfvk3t] - The second Team ICO game and is considered to be a spiritual prequel to ICO.

The only enemies in this game are 16 colossal giants. Some big, some small. It’s a boss rush, really. Definitely more action-oriented than ICO, since that one is just puzzles and hand-holding.

Much like the first game, it has little dialogue but the music, which only plays when you’re slaughtering colossi is absolutely great. One of the best video game soundtracks I’ve ever heard.

1. [b:a8xfvk3t][size=100:a8xfvk3t]Killer7[/size:a8xfvk3t][/b:a8xfvk3t] - This game is a badass rail shooter from Suda51. In it you can play one of 7 assassins (and switch characters at special save points during missions) collectively known as The Smiths (not rly, but they all have the Smith surname).

THE PLOT:

[quote:a8xfvk3t] [size=100:a8xfvk3t]In an alternate history in which the world is at peace and all types of terrorism is almost non existent, the Japanese United Nations Party is attempting to unify the world under Japanese control. To that end, The Smiths are asked by an agent of the United States to assassinate a number of targets that are working with the Party to prevent this from occurring. As the Killer7 attempt these tasks, they find that their efforts are interfered with a mutant terrorist group known as “Heaven Smile”[/size:a8xfvk3t]
[/quote:a8xfvk3t]
TBQH, I didn’t play this for the plot. In fact, I still don’t understand what happened at the end… but you know, I’m completely fine with that. It’s a fun shooter all in all.
And I dare you not to UNTZUNTZUNTZ along to the track [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmNwawd5aG4:a8xfvk3t]“Rave On”[/url:a8xfvk3t]

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]Okami [/b:a8xfvk3t]- You’re a wolf. You get to pee and poop on enemies. Oh yeah and you’re the goddess Amaterasu. That is all.

2. [b:a8xfvk3t]Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra[/b:a8xfvk3t] - Easily the best game of the Xenosaga series. The third of what was intended to be six games, fixes the pile of crap gameplay that Xenosaga II left.

I’m not going to say much about this game exceeeeeeeept: Shion is still a whiny bitch, KOS-MOS is still a robot, MOMO has boobs, chaos is still Jesus-ing it up, Nephilim is still a ghost, Allen finally mans up and Albedo is still the best character.

Also, the ending of this game is bittersweet and left me wanting more ;~;

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]Digital Devil Saga 1[/b:a8xfvk3t] [b:a8xfvk3t][size=84:a8xfvk3t]and I guess DDS2[/size:a8xfvk3t][/b:a8xfvk3t] [size=100:a8xfvk3t]- A Shin Megami Tensei spin-off with hindu/buddhist overtones. You play as Serph, leader of the Embryon, a small tribe fighting against other tribes in a world called The Junkyard, a vast, post-apocalyptic wastelandin which it is constantly raining. You fight to dominate all other tribes to reach a paradise called Nirvana.[/size:a8xfvk3t]

[size=100:a8xfvk3t]In the beginning of the game, your tribe and your opponents fight over a large egg-like pod when it suddenly opens, branding everyone with a mark called Atma. This causes the people to transform into demons and the battle ends with Embryons devouring their enemies.[/size:a8xfvk3t]

[size=100:a8xfvk3t]This game adopts the Press Turn System used in SMT: Nocturne and is probably ATLUS’ “mainstream-friendly” version of Nocturne. In SMT:N, the player can only have 8 skills equipped, if you discard a skill, it’s gone forever and you have no way to get it back. In DDS, you can learn all the skills you want and swap out skills any time before a battle worry-free. Another upgrade is that, if character dies in battle, it is not automatically a game over.[/size:a8xfvk3t]

[size=100:a8xfvk3t]The second game takes place right after the first game ends, which makes Digital Devil Saga [i:a8xfvk3t]One Game for the Price of Two.[/i:a8xfvk3t] I think it’s worth it though… and the soundtrack is fabuloussss.[/size:a8xfvk3t]

[size=100:a8xfvk3t]So pretty much it’s a lot easier than Nocturne. There’s a lot of bonus boss battles that you can take part in both DDS1 and DDS2, but there are special boss battles that you can only do on a New Game+ or on Hard Mode. The Ultimate Boss from the first game is said to be the hardest boss in RPG, but really, it all falls down to being really lucky (& I mean really lucky, shit is srs) and using the two skills that you’ve probably never used in the game. [/size:a8xfvk3t][size=84:a8xfvk3t](Somehow I ended up winning and I thought I would never want to fight the boss again, but I find myself wanting to attempt it again.)[/size:a8xfvk3t][size=100:a8xfvk3t] The UB from the second game is said to be just as difficult as well.[/size:a8xfvk3t]

1. [b:a8xfvk3t]Rez[/b:a8xfvk3t] - Another rail shooter set to electronic music which plays in the background and gradually evolves as you progress through the levels.

PLOTTIME:

[quote:a8xfvk3t] The game is set in futuristic computer “supernetwork” called the K-project where much of the data flow is controlled by an AI named Eden. Eden has become overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge gathered on the network, causing her to doubt her existence and enter a shutdown sequence, which would create catastrophic problems everywhere should she be able to complete this. The player plays the protagonist hacker, logging into the K-project system to reboot Eden while destroying any viruses or firewalls that happen to inhibit progress, and analyzing other sub-areas of the network to gain access to Eden’s location. The K-Project name and much of the game’s visual and synesthesia inspiration comes from the Russian painter Wassily Kandinsky.
[/quote:a8xfvk3t]
There’s only 5 levels in this game and I believe 2, maybe 3, different endings to this game. One ending pretty much tells you “Good job but you failed”[size=84:a8xfvk3t] I get this one a lot.[/size:a8xfvk3t]
The only way to get the TRUE ending is a lot harder as it involves getting 100% on items and kills.

I realized I’ve spent WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on this.

And it was time wasted. DX

1. Persona 3 - PS2
  2. Persona 4 - PS2
  3. Final Fantasy X - PS2
  4. Ragnarok Online - PC
  5. Super Metroid - SNES
  6. Phoenix Dynasty Online - PC
  7. Rune Factory Series
  8. Fatal Frame Series
  9. Style Boutique - NDS
  10. GTA Vice City - PS2
  1. NCAA Football series - I’m just a huge college football fan, so naturally I buy this game every year and play it to death.

2. Gears of War series - great gameplay (single- and multiplayer), can’t wait for GoW 3

3. Goldeneye - What can be said about this game that hasn’t already?

4. Street Fighter series - I love 2d fighters, and Street Fighter is the king of this genre. SFII got me started and I currently enjoy SFIV.

5. Tetris - simple gameplay that we all know and love

6. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - the only Zelda game I really like, but this one was so fun that I played it through 3 times

7. Super Mario series - I haven’t had a Nintendo system since n64, but this has to make the list just for SMB 3. I think I still know all the secrets.

8. Call of Duty series - I wasn’t a big fan of the first three, but the last 3 have been classics.

9. Punch-Out! - to this day, no better boxing game has been made. I never was able to beat it, though.

10. NBA Jam T.E. - over-the-top basketball at the time of the NBA’s best era (90s)

Wow! Had to really think about this list. Good Idea!

1/ Final Fantasy VII (PS1) First RPG I had ever played and still the best FF game made.

2/ Call Of Duty UO (PC) Made alot of great friends online playing this game and for me its still the best WW2 FPS out there!

3/ Napoleon Empire Total War (PC) Nothing makes me happier then giving " Old Bonely" a dam good kicking with the British Army! ;)

4/ Combat Fight Simulator (PC) First ever game i played online which opened the door of the online game community.

5/ Dynasty/Samurai Warriors series (PS2 / PS3 / PC) My all time favored gaming series!

6/ Grand Theft Auto III (PS2) One of the Biggest games and Biggest breakthrough in gaming.

7/ Street Fighter 2 (Mega Drive) Had many Great hours of fun with my mates playing this when i was younger.

8/ Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Mega Drive) Was the best out of the series by far!

9/ Gran Turismo (PS1) Greatest Racing game ever!

10/ Tomb Raider (PS1) Gave us the greatest Girl to ever wheel a Gun in gaming!

No particular order:

• Starcraft (1 & 2)
  • Resident Evil (1 & 4)
  • Silent Hill (2 & 3)
  • Diablo (2)
  • Mass Effect (1 & 2)
  • Marvel VS Capcom (2)
  • King of Fighters (94’, 98’ 02’)
  • Street Fighters (zero 1 & 2)
  • Left 4 Dead (1 & 2)
  • Monkey Island (2)

just 10 ?? :(

no order :

Tetris Attack (SNES)
Resident Evil 2 (PS)
Romancing SaGa 3 (SNES)
River City Ransom (NES)
The World Ends With You (DS)
Star Ocean (PS)
Fire Emblem 5 (SNES)
Super Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Star Fox 64 (N64)
King of Fighters '99 (ARCADE ??)

Old dated, but still can kick the ass of many "new generation" games

Hmmm, lemmezee…

[b:3308boff]-Chrono Trigger (SNES & NDS):[/b:3308boff] IMO, best RPG ever.

[b:3308boff]-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64):[/b:3308boff] Restarting the adventure. A whole new Hyrule to explore. Two timelines, new races and an incredible story.

[b:3308boff]-Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES):[/b:3308boff] No game had the same fandom interest as this one. Spending the whole afternoon in your friends’ place playing this, or sharing the big amount of tricks that appeared every week are just a couple of signs that indicate how great this game was.
[b:3308boff]
-The King of Fighters series (Arcade) until 2002:[/b:3308boff] A big variety of characters and fighting styles to choose and a somehow interesting plot. From 2000 onwards begins the fall of the franchise, and from 2002 it turned crappish.

[b:3308boff]-NBA Live 2005 (PC):[/b:3308boff] Personal reasons. I really liked to see my team making 300-400 points per match and humiliating the rivals :devil:

[b:3308boff]-The Day of the Tentacle (PC):[/b:3308boff] Hilarious and unforgettable.

[b:3308boff]-Mario Kart series (various Nintendo platforms):[/b:3308boff] Fun racing FTW

[b:3308boff]-Legacy of Kain / Blood Omen series (PC):[/b:3308boff] Action, platforms and puzzles to solve, all wrapped in a fantastic outstanding story.

[b:3308boff]-Prince of Persia series (PC):[/b:3308boff] The same as above.

[b:3308boff]-Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC):[/b:3308boff] Excellent environment, great story, and even a superb multiplayer mode.

lets start with the obvious best

LOZ: Ocarina of Time

Then:

Fire Emblem 7

LOZ: Majora’s Mask

Star Fox 64

Kirby and the Crystal Shards (fireworks power)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Smash Bros Series

Pokemon Crystal

Donkey Kong 64

Sword of Mana

StarCraft II
StarCraft
Zeus: Master of Olympus
Anno 1602
Anno 1503
Anno 1701
Anno 1404
Original War
Knights and Merchants
Need for Speed series

[quote="TomWills":sfe9u4if]1 call of duty modern warfare 3[/quote:sfe9u4if]

How can MW3 be your favourite game, it’s not out yet :bow:

1. Wolfenstein enemy territory
  2. The elder scrolls (oblivion)
  3. Call of duty (World at war and cod 2)
  4. World of tanks

The Legend of Zelda
Metal Gear Solid
Super Mario
Half Life
Metroid

Metal Gear Solid
Shenmue
God of War
Yakuza
Mass Effect
Call of Duty
Battlefield

I am game freak. My top 10 games are;

Silent hill
Road Rash
Super Mario
Prince of Persia
Mass Effect
Nitro Nija
Pacman
Contra
Bejeweled

[b:ojft1hnl]1.) Minecraft.[/b:ojft1hnl]
I got it over a year ago, and the game-play is still astounding to me. You don’t need a confusing or complex story line to make a good game.
All you need, is a good idea.

[b:ojft1hnl]2.) Infamous.[/b:ojft1hnl]
If you have bad karma, you can feel free to zip around the city on train tracks, blasting innocent citizens of Empire City in the head with bolts of lightning. If you have good karma, feel free to save and heal any of the citizens. The game-play and story is revolutionary.

[b:ojft1hnl]3.) Fallout 3.[/b:ojft1hnl]
It speaks for itself, due to the fact I purchased it last November, and I still play it. The prospects of exploration and seeking hidden items and treasures, as well as somewhat difficult combat-depending on the difficulty- and paired with the post- apocalyptic doom of the setting, it’s a must-have.

[b:ojft1hnl]4.) World of Warcraft.[/b:ojft1hnl]
One of the very few MMORPG’s I’ve ever played, and I played it extensively for roughly 8 months. I got to level 40, and had some pretty above-average gear, but nothing too good. I was a warrior. But it does eat up your life a little if you tank too much of the game at one time.

[b:ojft1hnl]5.) Modern Warfare 2.[/b:ojft1hnl]
I bought this game 2 years ago, and still play it daily. Though, as you prestige and level up, and play, it does become tedious and boring. If you play it every day, you will be bored to tears in about two months.

[b:ojft1hnl]6.) Adventure Quest.[/b:ojft1hnl]
This another one of the few MMORPG’s I get involved with. It’s pretty mindless, and is mostly a point-click game. If I had to give it another name, I’d call it "Grinding". However, the detail and amount of different monsters there are, earn in it this place.

[b:ojft1hnl]7.) Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2.[/b:ojft1hnl]
I played that game when I was little until it broke from so many scratches. Literally.

[b:ojft1hnl]8.) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.[/b:ojft1hnl]
The graphics were incredible at the time, and the quality of the world is richer than Scrooge McDuck. But, the game was prone to crashing my console, and the new one is coming out soon.

[b:ojft1hnl]9.) RuneScape.[/b:ojft1hnl]
The last MMORPG I play. At all. The concept is unique, with different skills and attributes to level up, as well as plenty of quests and items. However, after the player reaches level 45 or so, the
game-play drops dramatically. Leveling up quickly turns from completing quests to grinding. Constantly.

[b:ojft1hnl]10.) Tetris.[/b:ojft1hnl]
An old classic, this game never fails to make me hit "Start" to see if I can beat my high score. Then it makes me angry, I delete the short-cut in my browser, and forget about it for a few weeks.

1. Doom series (PC)
    Favorite: Doom 2

2. Silent Hill series (Various Sony consoles)
    Favorites: Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3

3. Half-Life series (PC)
    Favorite: Half-Life

4. Dead Space series (PC)
    Favorite: Dead Space

5. Command & Conquer series (PC)
    Favorite: Red Alert 2

6. Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)

7. Dead Island (PC)

8. Just Cause 2 (PC)

9. Penumbra series (PC)
    Favorite: None yet, have not touched Black Plague or Requiem yet

10. Diablo 2 (PC)

BONUS
Most hated game series: Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Guitar Hero, Counterstrike

So, I just finished Kingdom Hearts: ReCoded, and to my delight, it WASN’T shit, which I was lead to believe. So I began to think about how I rank it in relation to the other Kingdom Hearts games, and thus this topic was born. From top to bottom:

1. Kingdom Hearts
  2. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
  3. Kingdom Hearts 2
  4. Kingdom Hearts: ReCoded
  5. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
  6. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Not played: Re: Chain of Memories. Because, frankly, I don’t feel like picking up a new PS2, simply to play a less-crappy version of a game I didn’t like all that much in the first place.

How about the rest of you?

1. Half Life 2
    [b:3qcwg9s7]Thrilling game with a cool story and atmosphere[/b:3qcwg9s7]

2. Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the earth
    [b:3qcwg9s7]A very sinister and dark game with a beloved touch of typical H.P Lovecraft[/b:3qcwg9s7]

3. Populous 3
    [b:3qcwg9s7]My childhood game, i still play it everyday online with a few friends[/b:3qcwg9s7]

4. Black and White 2
    [b:3qcwg9s7]From the same makers of Populous 3, in this game you play as a god. Best thing is that you can be pure evil or very good for your people[/b:3qcwg9s7]

5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R (The complete series)
    [b:3qcwg9s7]The music… Atmosphere… The emotional effects… Perfect game to play on a friday night with soft rain ticking to your window[/b:3qcwg9s7]

6. Uh, lots of indie games here i guess. To many to count…
    [b:3qcwg9s7]Minecraft, Jetpack Joyride, WarFlash, Cortex Command etc.[/b:3qcwg9s7]

7. SpaceStation 13
    [b:3qcwg9s7]The most realistic space simulator out there :wasntme: [url=http://www.worldofvagax.com/ss13:3qcwg9s7]click here[/url:3qcwg9s7] to know more about it[/b:3qcwg9s7]

8. ArmA 2
    [b:3qcwg9s7]Army simulator? Hah, you mean escape-from-10-helicopters-while-driving-a-scooter simulator[/b:3qcwg9s7]

9. The Thunders: Path of the sleeping gods
    [b:3qcwg9s7]Can’t say a word about this one[/b:3qcwg9s7]

10. Centration
    [b:3qcwg9s7]In-Development game, i am the forum moderator on their forums[/b:3qcwg9s7]

Hmm, this is tough. When you’ve spent all your life gaming there’s so many choices, I’ll give it a try though.

1. Final Fantasy Series.
    [b:3d80wns4]Final Fantasy VII[/b:3d80wns4]

2. The Legend of Zelda Series.
    [b:3d80wns4]The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening[/b:3d80wns4]

3. Tombi/Tomba Series
    [b:3d80wns4]Tombi/Tomba 1[/b:3d80wns4]

4. Super Mario Series
    [b:3d80wns4]Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island[/b:3d80wns4]

5. Toejam and Earl Series
    [b:3d80wns4]Toejam and Earl 1[/b:3d80wns4]

6. Rocket Knight Adventures Series
    [b:3d80wns4]Rocket Knight Adventures[/b:3d80wns4]