2013/2014 Batsu game stream

[quote="fortheshire":3kwuvz37]I just hope someone records the stream w/ the subs so I can play it later at my party.[/quote:3kwuvz37]

The easiest way for this to happen is to set up your computer with one window showing the stream and one window with the chat.
Get your camera and record it. We have done it before for other events and might just do it again this year for the Batsu.

Guys at what GMT time does the show starts?

It starts at 6:30pm Jap time, which in GMT would be 9:30am

how soon can we get to download the raw torrent?

[quote="hkb":n9xor6c9]how soon can we get to download the raw torrent?[/quote:n9xor6c9]

It’s usually available relatively quickly.

[quote="Shizentaisuu":1f1v3dme]If they try to throw together the live subs into a video like they did last year… you might have some rushed translation as opposed to nothing though. However, there is no guarantee anyone does that.[/quote:1f1v3dme]

Yeah, last year hand kindly did that :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4408

I’ll be hoping to wait for a full sub later in the year, so will be skipping the stream but it’d be great if someone copied the live chat subs generously provided just incase, even if just as plain text, better than nothing. :D

omg thank you. so excited :D :clap:

[b:2ebf0mcq]I hope I can stay awake. this is the longest 1 hour and half. ;( [/b:2ebf0mcq]

When will the stream link be announced?

I found a link to a live stream http://ja.justin.tv/kazanology#/w/4469550640

[quote="Chokkan":3ifdq5nb]I found a link to a live stream http://ja.justin.tv/kazanology#/w/4469550640[/quote:3ifdq5nb]
Thank you very much.

[url:7epbx1vw]http://ja.justin.tv/kazanbuy[/url:7epbx1vw] is the channel with the english chat. the other one is with japanese chat.

how come yamazaki is simply "Hosei" this year? he lose his sempai status or something? :P

[quote="Scopes":1cmwt9db]how come yamazaki is simply "Hosei" this year? he lose his sempai status or something? :P[/quote:1cmwt9db]

Yamazaki changed his name to Tsukitei Hosei and I believe I heard many people say that Tsukitei is slightly difficult to pronounce? That might possibly be why they chose to say "Hosei" instead.

[quote="amf23":17ivyp2c][quote="Scopes":17ivyp2c]how come yamazaki is simply "Hosei" this year? he lose his sempai status or something? :P[/quote:17ivyp2c]

Yamazaki changed his name to Tsukitei Hosei and I believe I heard many people say that Tsukitei is slightly difficult to pronounce? That might possibly be why they chose to say "Hosei" instead.[/quote:17ivyp2c]

Interesting…I didn’t know people in Japan changed their names…I thought having a last name like "Yamazaki" was a very strong rooted japanese name…any reason he changed it if you know? I am curious now :stuck_out_tongue: (and lol just saw the Endo Family barge in loool)

[quote="Scopes":1ddnuglz][quote="amf23":1ddnuglz][quote="Scopes":1ddnuglz]how come yamazaki is simply "Hosei" this year? he lose his sempai status or something? :P[/quote:1ddnuglz]

Yamazaki changed his name to Tsukitei Hosei and I believe I heard many people say that Tsukitei is slightly difficult to pronounce? That might possibly be why they chose to say "Hosei" instead.[/quote:1ddnuglz]

Interesting…I didn’t know people in Japan changed their names…I thought having a last name like "Yamazaki" was a very strong rooted japanese name…any reason he changed it if you know? I am curious now :stuck_out_tongue: (and lol just saw the Endo Family barge in loool)[/quote:1ddnuglz]

It has to do with his rakugo career. I’m not too sure on the details since I only understand a little Japanese but I believe that after studying under one’s teacher for a length of time it is customary to take on his last name. Hosei has talked about this and what it meant to him an a few shows, sorry I don’t have any links though - you’ll have to look it up for more details. (haha I love it when Endo’s family appears!)

That’s very interesting…thank you for that information ^^

He took the name of his rakugo sempai as a show of respect. Also, I believe to show how serious he was about it.

Parts are being uploaded at the moment by B級動画 on dailymotion

http://www.dailymotion.com/Banimation#video=x17rbnb

Part 3 of the 6 are up so far
Decent quality, hope it helps out :)

Hey, sorry I can’t read the whole thread since I’m gonna try to avoid spoilers but my Hōsei radar went off. :rofl: (Just kidding… I just couldn’t resist looking in this thread). About the rakugo/Tsukitei thing:

[hide:2667afyw]Yeah, he trained under rakugo teacher Tsukitei Happo for about 4~5 years (2008 - 2013) to become a rakugo, which is a comic storyteller. Kind of like stand-up comedy (but sitting down) where he tells funny anecdotes/jokes on stage and also a bit like Jackanory where he tells funny classic stories in his own way :) He graduated at the start of 2013 and, in tradition, officially adopted the title of his teacher (like a fellow graduate who helped him did, Tsukitei Hakko). Higashino Koji (fellow comedian who was on Gaki/Downtown shows too in the past) encouraged him to consider rakugo when (I think) he was feeling a bit directionless, he'd been studying various things over the years as an aside qualification to his TV personality work (e.g. english, piano, psychology, computing and so on) but never settled on something. Rakugo hit a note with him and Downtown supported him in it too :nod: Doing rakugo gigs in theatres (which also gets broadcast on TV sometimes) gives him more financial career stability and he moved to Osaka to be closer to such work. He has done some heartfelt talks about it and even written a book on it but none of is translated as of yet (I hope someday to try and do something about that… but my Japanese skills are near nill ;( ). If I ever do it'll be posted on this Tumblr: http://yamasakigifs.tumblr.com/[/hide:2667afyw]

Anyway, I think it’s hilarious he’s getting called on a personal first-name basis for impersonal butt-whoopings. :rofl:

(Um gonna fly away now to avoid spoilers in this thread but feel free to PM me if you need to… )