Batsu Game 2015 Team Gaki

Last year I ended up with god know how many versions of the batsu game. Ads, no-ads, some-ads, 1080, 720…

This year I’ll wait until they announce the base raw they are going to use before downloading anything :P

Is anyone have already downloaded the Batsu at 32GB ? It takes so long !!!

[quote="andylau-fr":2o5ec9g5][quote="VideogameDC":2o5ec9g5][quote="WildStyle*":2o5ec9g5]When can I expect the game to be uploaded?[/quote:2o5ec9g5]

Check the other thread, Andylau already uploaded the links of the RAW batsu from fc2.[/quote:2o5ec9g5]

I havnt uploaded, I found the link on FC2 videos, I just shared it. :bow:[/quote:2o5ec9g5]

That’s what I meant.

[quote="Kippei-kun":24dw04c4]Is anyone have already downloaded the Batsu at 32GB ? It takes so long !!![/quote:24dw04c4]

For me it took 3 hours only. I have 100Mbps/10Mbps bandwidth.

hmmmm, its been a long time guys, sry not able to help, realize after last year batsu, long episode just dont suit me ;(
looking forward to this year subs guys
Good luck and dont overexert yourself guys, we can wait 8)

[quote="TouchDown":260kuzoa][quote="Kippei-kun":260kuzoa]Is anyone have already downloaded the Batsu at 32GB ? It takes so long !!![/quote:260kuzoa]

For me it took 3 hours only. I have 100Mbps/10Mbps bandwidth.[/quote:260kuzoa]

you lucky guy !!! ^^
but now i got it it’s good.

I’m a complete noob but managed to download Aegisub and use the chatlog to create a sub for the first segment. I added a couple of lines from guesswork and what little Japanese I have to try and fill in some gaps.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5ILlEDNKDfed59Ls1S :bow:

[quote="methecooldude":19swi0pv][quote="Erhan":19swi0pv]I have the beginning from IRC and the rest from the normal chat copy pasted. But there are the IP addresses of the Users so I need to filter that out first. Would it help?[/quote:19swi0pv]

Filter them out or not, either way, can you send it to rich@teamgaki.com when you are ready :)

Thanks[/quote:19swi0pv]

Sent you the chatlogs. Don’t know if it helps.

j-addicts has subbed a small segment, you can find it on his website

Not sure who subbed last years game (or the initial subs if revisions were done) but please, PLEASE!!! ask for help or suggestions if you don’t know something or want an opinion on how to translate it.

There were a ton of liberties taken with last years subs and made it come off super unprofessional/a 10 year old trying to be cool wrote it. Not to mention parts where the subbers were clearly guessing and not knowing what they were translating in spots for certain guests or talking about certain things.

The community is here to help and we are willing to! :) As someone who watches a ton of Japanese TV seeing stuff like last years gameshow segment completely filled with wrong stuff drove me nuts.

Valkerion, why not join Team Gaki to proof-read? It is entirely run by volunteers so the members change each year. For example someone last year who had complaints and suggestions about Team Gaki’s organization were actually invited into the team to help manage the organization of things.

I would suggest though that translation is almost like an art and can be very subjective. I’ve seen pretty heated arguments within anime subbing communities for example about the choice between literal and liberal translations when it comes to fluidity, and some have dedicated blogs or written essays on the subject. The conclusion seems to be there are pros and cons to both sides. Though the anime subbing community rarely has to deal with as much heavy Kansai dialect as in Gaki which introduces a different tone of course.

well if you look through the thread, theres alot of us willing to help to speed up the process, if anyone read my suggestion aswell(which i doubt), there are more inclusive ways to get this done. but anyway this seems like a very inside thing, as an outsider id rather not play the insider/outsider game. i can understand enough Japanese to watch the show without subs so im not too phased either way. :?: not complaining or anything, yall do ur thing!

as far as translation goes, its not about literal meanings, its about giving the most understandable(to non japanese speakers) interpretation of whats being said, sometimes that means taking a few liberties and "going off the books" as it were.

[quote="venomqo":1dg9uoha]well if you look through the thread, theres alot of us willing to help to speed up the process, if anyone read my suggestion aswell(which i doubt), there are more inclusive ways to get this done. but anyway this seems like a very inside thing, as an outsider id rather not play the insider/outsider game.[/quote:1dg9uoha]

I read it, I’m sure others did too. I checked out the site though I’m not personally part of the translation team. It seemed more aimed at Chinese and Korean subbers and I couldn’t find the Prison batsu on the site so I kind of gave up after that. But you mentioned it is already available on that site, maybe linking directly to the batsu might point people in the right direction. Perhaps since it’s so close to subbing time the group is a little hesitant to get used to a new system and way of working though. But if you contact Rich (methecooldude) or Alex (slayer) directly perhaps you can find out for sure what their reasoning is. They might be following the Facebook page closer right now than this thread (Mickstar who created this thread is currently busy).

I don’t think Team Gaki is a clique though, last year someone was critical of their organization and people were telling them to just shut up and be happy its being subbed at all, but Team Gaki offered them a position on the team. I don’t think anyone here wants anyone to feel excluded like an outsider. You may need to poke them a bit directly since they’re knee-deep in encoding and setting things up.

i wasnt saying they have it up, why would they, i was just saying its a good efficient system(dependent on interest and the community of course) and something that might be worth looking in to. One big advantage they have is they rip the chinese subtitles from the broadcast, this can also be done for Japanese shows, i think furanssu on d-addicts used to do it for a few dramas, might of been someone else, anyway thats something else to look into to make it easier.

[quote="venomqo":3bfxyya0]i wasnt saying they have it up, why would they[/quote:3bfxyya0]

Ah I see, sorry, for me when you said "if you do want to help translate, there is already a timed template on the website," I got the sense there was already a template for the prison batsu up on the website, assuming someone had it up as a subtitle request.

[quote:3bfxyya0]One big advantage they have is they rip the chinese subtitles from the broadcast, this can also be done for Japanese shows.[/quote:3bfxyya0]

I remember last year Team Gaki were using a SRT file with the Japanese broadcast subtitles to work from. Dunno if they have that again this year or not.

i meant theres a timed template of an editable .srt/.ass in general, not specifically the Gaki show, but ye thats my bad, poor use of words.

Also keep in mind: Too many cooks spoil the broth.

[quote="Valkerion":2t0vmbcl]Not sure who subbed last years game (or the initial subs if revisions were done) but please, PLEASE!!! ask for help or suggestions if you don’t know something or want an opinion on how to translate it.

There were a ton of liberties taken with last years subs and made it come off super unprofessional/a 10 year old trying to be cool wrote it. Not to mention parts where the subbers were clearly guessing and not knowing what they were translating in spots for certain guests or talking about certain things.

The community is here to help and we are willing to! :) As someone who watches a ton of Japanese TV seeing stuff like last years gameshow segment completely filled with wrong stuff drove me nuts.[/quote:2t0vmbcl]

I felt last year’s subs were really accurate in some area’s but in certain areas the translation style was really different and in some cases, just poor. I am not sure if all the subbers in Team Gaki are Japanese or not, but I am a little concerned about this year’s subs since there is no Shibatabread, Mickstar etc.

I read the above and has to be said:

1. The translations last year were pretty good. I don’t see what all the hate is about?
  2. If you can do better/slag off other people’s work, I think you should consider joining their team. If you don’t need the subtitles, then I don’t think there is a need to complain?

I understand Japanese as I am Japanese and sometimes, I think it’s tough when people who are not Japanese think they can understand the subtitles better. In recent years, the subbing has been far better than in the past.

I am replying as I don’t want people to doubt Team Gaki’s ability. They are a good team and deserve much more credit.

I believe I may be of service in the typesetting department, if more people are needed to help. I have no experience with fan translations but I do have experience with video editing and I have the software and hardware to be able to handle it well. Let me know what you think!