[MEGA]No-Laughing New Year Prison Special 2014 1080/720 RAW

[quote="andylau-fr":2isd6zsm]Why not just deinterlace with vlc?
Thats what i did with ernie video and it was perfect.[/quote:2isd6zsm]

I just wonder if the subs will become offset using a different raw than whatever Team Gaki provides? I’m assuming the points where things are cut would get exponentially different as the video goes on, throwing the timing off. If not then we could use any 1080 version.

I remember last year Bigun provided the raw for the Earth Defence Force batsu and they had exactly the same problem with people observing interlacing artefacts in their deinterlaced video. After a lot of trouble they figured it out though:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5258&p=44253#p44253

So perhaps Bigun could provide their raw to Team Gaki at this early stage in the process to work with if it’ll have less interlacing issues?

[quote="ufonautas555":1hzx5p7u]don’t forget to deinterlace video becouse team gaki responded that their video is deinterlaced but user responded on fb:
I am sorry but I see interlacing every time there is movement. These are from 3 random places in the video
[url:1hzx5p7u]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205390667943992&set=p.10205390667943992&type=1&theater[/url:1hzx5p7u][/quote:1hzx5p7u]

I was bit by this last year. I won’t be bit again.

[quote="Bigun":1bc82s91]I was bit by this last year. I won’t be bit again.[/quote:1bc82s91]

Awesome, thanks for your efforts Bigun, it’s greatly appreciated :)
Will you be giving it to Team Gaki? It’s unfortunate timing has already begun though. :(
Maybe any timing discrepancies between the subs and your raw can be remedied though like last year?
Either way thanks again. :bow:

It is relatively simple to shift subtitles, there are several apps and online tools to do this, no need to worry about it.

[quote="Ronson":c0j3jkiy]It is relatively simple to shift subtitles, there are several apps and online tools to do this, no need to worry about it.[/quote:c0j3jkiy]

What he said. It’s more work, just tedious timing and checking work.

I’m about half done with editing now, should finish that up this morning. Then export the project, then run it through a deinterlace process, then quality check, then the whole process of getting it split and uploaded.

As far as Team Gaki goes, I’ve never worked with them directly, honestly I was a little shocked they used my edit last year. I’d be happy to work with them if a team member would contact me.

edit

Exporting project now. Will take ~37 hours or so.

Awesome, thanks Ronson and Bigun. Yeah I guess the difficulty depends on how many points in the video the subs shift huh. Either way something can be worked out so that’s great. :)

Thanks again for your efforts, video encoding is such a long arduous process. Look forward to your release. :bow:

[quote="Bigun":hluz9hsi][quote="Ronson":hluz9hsi]It is relatively simple to shift subtitles, there are several apps and online tools to do this, no need to worry about it.[/quote:hluz9hsi]

I’m about half done with editing now, should finish that up this morning. Then export the project, then run it through a deinterlace process, then quality check, then the whole process of getting it split and uploaded.

As far as Team Gaki goes, I’ve never worked with them directly, honestly I was a little shocked they used my edit last year. I’d be happy to work with them if a team member would contact me.

edit

Exporting project now. Will take ~24 hours or so.[/quote:hluz9hsi]

Will you export the project in a 720p video or 1080p? And how much space will it take to download?

[quote="soudou":mvdw9x7a]I just wonder if the subs will become offset using a different raw than whatever Team Gaki provides? I’m assuming the points where things are cut would get exponentially different as the video goes on, throwing the timing off. If not then we could use any 1080 version.[/quote:mvdw9x7a]

I just get the raw I like the most and then just time the subs on-the-fly while watching it using the "make subtitles 0.5s slower/faster" keys that most of the players have.

[quote="Knudow":24rykug6]I just get the raw I like the most and then just time the subs on-the-fly while watching it using the "make subtitles 0.5s slower/faster" keys that most of the players have.[/quote:24rykug6]

Ah I see, true, but it does take you out of being engrossed in watching.
There’s an option in Aegisub under Timing > Shift Times. You could Shift+Click on the lines you want to shift by 0.5s and use that to permanently adjust it.
Like Bigun etc. says it’s just time-consuming but if you’re already doing all that on-the-fly every single time you’re watching then it’ll save you time in the long run.

When the out-of-time lines are something like "From this point onwards everything is 5 seconds late" then I modify the file and save the changes, yes.

But sometimes the subtitles timing changes a lot during the batsu so I just make it simple and press the keys while watching it.

omg thank you!!

[quote="VideogameDC":mtyh7t28][quote="Bigun":mtyh7t28][quote="Ronson":mtyh7t28]It is relatively simple to shift subtitles, there are several apps and online tools to do this, no need to worry about it.[/quote:mtyh7t28]

edit

Exporting project now. Will take ~24 hours or so.[/quote:mtyh7t28]

Will you export the project in a 720p video or 1080p? And how much space will it take to download?[/quote:mtyh7t28]

I’m doing a 1080p export. Unsure of the size, but if last year was any indication, about ~25 - 30 GB.

I feel like I’m ready to break something. The export got to the last frame then gave an "unknown error" then deleted the export. I have to start the export over.

[quote="Bigun":3evbbrh5]I feel like I’m ready to break something. The export got to the last frame then gave an "unknown error" then deleted the export. I have to start the export over.[/quote:3evbbrh5]

Uff… It’s okay, no one is putting you under pressure.

[quote="Bigun":38tlrh09]I feel like I’m ready to break something. The export got to the last frame then gave an "unknown error" then deleted the export. I have to start the export over.[/quote:38tlrh09]

Ah man that sucks. I hate video encoding. Anyway there’s no rush. Thanks again for your effort.

[quote="Bigun":2oezluw8]I feel like I’m ready to break something. The export got to the last frame then gave an "unknown error" then deleted the export. I have to start the export over.[/quote:2oezluw8]

Ok, something was up using the H264 encoder, switching to a different one.

[quote="Bigun":33of6uhy]Ok, something was up using the H264 encoder, switching to a different one.[/quote:33of6uhy]

Glad you were able to figure it out, best of luck, hope it works out for you!

[quote="soudou":jyv2ubj8][quote="Bigun":jyv2ubj8]Ok, something was up using the H264 encoder, switching to a different one.[/quote:jyv2ubj8]

Glad you were able to figure it out, best of luck, hope it works out for you![/quote:jyv2ubj8]

Got it exported, now I’m just tweaking the codec and re-encoding the whole thing.

After that, export to RAR file, then upload.

edit

Also, should this get it’s own thread? 1080p edit w/ no commercials?

[quote="Bigun":2pfb8cpa][quote="soudou":2pfb8cpa][quote="Bigun":2pfb8cpa]Ok, something was up using the H264 encoder, switching to a different one.[/quote:2pfb8cpa]

Glad you were able to figure it out, best of luck, hope it works out for you![/quote:2pfb8cpa]

Got it exported, now I’m just tweaking the codec and re-encoding the whole thing.

After that, export to RAR file, then upload.[/quote:2pfb8cpa]

I see. I just saw your response right now. It will be probably a huge ass size due for being 1080p, even if you use the h264 codec.

[quote="Bigun":3626n7jq]Got it exported, now I’m just tweaking the codec and re-encoding the whole thing.
After that, export to RAR file, then upload.
edit
Also, should this get it’s own thread? 1080p edit w/ no commercials?[/quote:3626n7jq]

Sorry dunno about the thread thing, that’s more for a moderator to decide.

Either way, in this thread or another, look forward to the upload. Thanks for all your efforts in figuring out all the issues. Video encoding can be such a headache.