News about Gaki no Tsukai

I think they would break up as a combi if/when gaki no tsukai ends…

[quote="solari":f6urnu8p]I think they would break up as a combi if/when gaki no tsukai ends…[/quote:f6urnu8p]

This will probably be the case. Although they still have Downtown DX which they’ve done for a long time as well, Gaki is their flagship program. If Downtown disbands, then Gaki will probably end. I think they might end up doing one-off reunion stuff (like No Laughing projects) for Gaki like Ucchan Nanchan does for Iromonea; although they haven’t officially disbanded, they’re never together on a regular weekly show nowadays.

I dunno… I think ending Gaki just because they dont call themselves Downtown anymore would be like if Lincoln had ended for the same reason, by that I mean Gaki doesn’t seem to rely on Matsumoto and Hamada being a manzai duo anymore. It started out being entirely focused on Downtown’s manzai but it’s slowly morphed over the years. Even people in Japan shorten it to "Gaki no Tsukai". I’m not saying Gaki doesn’t currently rely on Matsumoto and Hamada, it does, just not necessarily their beginnings as a manzai combi. So I guess it would depend on if they retired from TV comedy entirely (as Hamada hinted). But I think even if they didn’t call themselves "Downtown" anymore they’d still be hilarious together on Gaki as they have been currently.

Though it was an interview in 2013 for his R100 film, the interviewer did delve into his entire history as a comedian and Matsumoto said:

[quote:lv50xlqf]When I entered this industry, to be honest I thought I would have retired by now [age 50]. But here I am still doing it, and I have no intention of retiring. I wonder how long I can keep it up …

Do you think the timing of your retirement will be something you choose yourself?

I wonder. Even if I wanted to keep working, but I couldn’t get any jobs, then for all intents and purposes I would have retired. But it’s hard to say. I guess my personality is such that if people want me continue, I will.[/quote:lv50xlqf]

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2013/1 ... yrges6s-Sq

Of course Hamada is different and seems less inclined. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
(But you know it feels like we’ve been predicting the end of Gaki or the batsus for the past 5 years and I haven’t even been on the forum that long haha).

[quote="Vatican":3ihgpe82][quote="autopolyploid":3ihgpe82]http://news.ameba.jp/20140318-207/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EejeWYa ... bozq7qVAww

Was listening to Victor of King of the Morons on his Gimmeabreakman channel. I hope Downtown isn’t really planning to disbanding.[/quote:3ihgpe82]

I think you’re jumping the gun a bit. Like the guys said above in the video, these are rumours and Downtown has not announced anything official. But this discussion has arisen because Matsumoto stated in the article you posted that there would come a time where he and Hamada would separate. Hamada too has said on Gobu Gobu earlier in the year that he would like to semi-retire because he felt he had done everything he wanted to do in the entertainment world. Although I think Downtown will continue to work together for 2-3 years at least, after that will be up to them to see whether they want to continue on.[/quote:3ihgpe82]

Honestly, I wasn’t jumping the gun. Rather, I was passing some info I heard. Thanks for the clarification.

Looks like a Gottsu ee Kanji special is set to be aired on Fuji TV this Friday night to celebrate the release of some DVDs.

[url:226zs81r]http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?sid=165960[/url:226zs81r]

Don’t know whether it will be a clip show or some reenacting of skits but just wanted to let you guys know. Notice the timeslot is Friday 26:05 to 28:05. Basically it means early Saturday morning 2:05 to 4:05 Japan time for you guys who really wanna stay up and watch it (someone correct me if I’m wrong, hope I’m not :sweat: )

A reminder about the final Waratte Iitomo episode to be aired next Monday. They have invited all past regulars of the program to return, so Downtown and Cocorico (I think they were regulars at one point) should be attending this.

[url:153u79lj]http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140324-00000003-dal-ent[/url:153u79lj]

[quote:153u79lj]31日に32年間の歴史に幕を下ろすフジテレビ系「笑っていいとも!」(月~金曜、正午)の通常放送後に行う生特番「笑っていいとも! グランドフィナーレ 感謝の超特大号」(31日、後8・00)に女優・吉永小百合(69)が出演することが23日、分かった。「いいとも」初出演の吉永と司会のタモリ(68)の共演は約32年ぶり。また、タレント・明石家さんま(58)、ダウンタウンら歴代レギュラー陣も大集結する。

1984年から95年までレギュラーだった明石家さんまら歴代レギュラー陣は、大同窓会を繰り広げる。お笑いコンビ・ダウンタウン(89~93年)、ウッチャンナンチャン(89~94年)、ナインティナイン(95~97年)らがレギュラー時代を振り返りながらトークするが、3時間の生放送内に終わるのかは予測不能な状態。さらに、今年1月14日放送の8000回で不定期レギュラーとなった、とんねるずや現レギュラー陣による惜別スピーチも行われる。[/quote:153u79lj]

[quote="Vatican":fox2paio]Looks like a Gottsu ee Kanji special is set to be aired on Fuji TV this Friday night to celebrate the release of some DVDs.

[url:fox2paio]http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?sid=165960[/url:fox2paio]

Don’t know whether it will be a clip show or some reenacting of skits but just wanted to let you guys know. Notice the timeslot is Friday 26:05 to 28:05. Basically it means early Saturday morning 2:05 to 4:05 Japan time for you guys who really wanna stay up and watch it (someone correct me if I’m wrong, hope I’m not :sweat: )[/quote:fox2paio]

26:05 it’s 2:05 AM while 28:05 would be 4:05 AM. It’s a shame I’m at school by the time Fuji TV airs the Gottsu Special :(

[quote="Vatican":1lcl38vu]A reminder about the final Waratte Iitomo episode to be aired next Monday. They have invited all past regulars of the program to return, so Downtown and Cocorico (I think they were regulars at one point) should be attending this.[/quote:1lcl38vu]

Wonder if Housei will be anywhere in it too. Don’t know if he appeared a lot in this but it seems he does have one claim to fame with it (albeit, as typical for him, through some misfortune :lol: ).
[video:1lcl38vu]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvOMh21DwD4[/video:1lcl38vu]

Here is the gist I got from reading some Japanese blog posts about the incident and from Housei talking about it on another show.
[hide:1lcl38vu]He was invited to talk about the publication of his first book and during the live recording a member of the audience suddenly called out to the show host "Tamori-san!"
Housei was like "huh?" (he hadn't quite heard what they'd called out)
They ignored him and shouted to the host "Is "Iitomo" really ending?" (this was back in 2005)
Housei stood up and was like "Hold on! You've given me a shock!" (or something), the audience laughed and he tried to process what they'd said "Is… Iitomo ending?"
The guy repeated himself. Bearing in mind this was all live, Housei got really nervous and started biting his finger. :lol:
Tamori calmly replied "No, I haven't heard about that".
Housei feeling confused, sat down and was like "What about me?" or something (audience laugh).
The guy spoke up again saying "Really?"
Housei replied "Yes?"
Then they carried on talking to Tamori about if Iitomo was really not ending. Tamori repeated that they were mistaken or something. Housei, feeling like a third wheel sat looking uneasy then tried to break the atmosphere with a comedic exaggerated "Well this is awkward" laugh.
Tamori pretended to not know why he was doing that and so Housei started to plead his case, to which Tamori either rejected or put him down with joky insults it seems as Housei started to faceplant on the desk.
Then suddenly the jingle for the commercial break starting began playing and Housei was like "Ehhhh?? What is this…?" :rofl:
When the program came back after the commercial the camera was focused on a teddy bear sitting in the audience where the guy who called out had been sitting (read someplace it was a gag reference to something).
Housei completely lost it then with laughter and implored to Tamori about the ridiculousness of it, Tamori acted the straight-man pretending like nothing happened. :rofl:
Housei was completely thrown off guard and seemed to find it difficult to refocus before his time was up. Poor guy really didn't know what to say after that.
Later in the episode another comedian repeated what the guy in audience said (I think) and they jokily tried to replace him with the same bear. :lol:[/hide:1lcl38vu]

In case you guys didn’t see it on the mini-chat, Itao Itsuji tweeted out a few days ago that he was recording something at the NTV studios. Below is a picture of what presumably is a Gaki script, so expect an Itao episode in the future.

[url:3lzmxlb7]https://twitter.com/itao_itsuji/status/446181638397898752/photo/1[/url:3lzmxlb7]

[quote="soudou":3ie3v0ao][quote="Vatican":3ie3v0ao]A reminder about the final Waratte Iitomo episode to be aired next Monday. They have invited all past regulars of the program to return, so Downtown and Cocorico (I think they were regulars at one point) should be attending this.[/quote:3ie3v0ao]

Wonder if Housei will be anywhere in it too. Don’t know if he appeared a lot in this but it seems he does have one claim to fame with it (albeit, as typical for him, through some misfortune :lol: ).
[video:3ie3v0ao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvOMh21DwD4[/video:3ie3v0ao]

Here is the gist I got from reading some Japanese blog posts about the incident and from Housei talking about it on another show.
[hide:3ie3v0ao]He was invited to talk about the publication of his first book and during the live recording a member of the audience suddenly called out to the show host "Tamori-san!"
Housei was like "huh?" (he hadn't quite heard what they'd called out)
They ignored him and shouted to the host "Is "Iitomo" really ending?" (this was back in 2005)
Housei stood up and was like "Hold on! You've given me a shock!" (or something), the audience laughed and he tried to process what they'd said "Is… Iitomo ending?"
The guy repeated himself. Bearing in mind this was all live, Housei got really nervous and started biting his finger. :lol:
Tamori calmly replied "No, I haven't heard about that".
Housei feeling confused, sat down and was like "What about me?" or something (audience laugh).
The guy spoke up again saying "Really?"
Housei replied "Yes?"
Then they carried on talking to Tamori about if Iitomo was really not ending. Tamori repeated that they were mistaken or something. Housei, feeling like a third wheel sat looking uneasy then tried to break the atmosphere with a comedic exaggerated "Well this is awkward" laugh.
Tamori pretended to not know why he was doing that and so Housei started to plead his case, to which Tamori either rejected or put him down with joky insults it seems as Housei started to faceplant on the desk.
Then suddenly the jingle for the commercial break starting began playing and Housei was like "Ehhhh?? What is this…?" :rofl:
When the program came back after the commercial the camera was focused on a teddy bear sitting in the audience where the guy who called out had been sitting (read someplace it was a gag reference to something).
Housei completely lost it then with laughter and implored to Tamori about the ridiculousness of it, Tamori acted the straight-man pretending like nothing happened. :rofl:
Housei was completely thrown off guard and seemed to find it difficult to refocus before his time was up. Poor guy really didn't know what to say after that.
Later in the episode another comedian repeated what the guy in audience said (I think) and they jokily tried to replace him with the same bear. :lol:[/hide:3ie3v0ao][/quote:3ie3v0ao]

He’ll might get a run in any memorable moments segment that they might run with that incident you mentioned. He wasn’t a regular at any point of the show so I don’t think he’ll be invited to come along in person.

[quote="Vatican":1aytdhuv]Looks like a Gottsu ee Kanji special is set to be aired on Fuji TV this Friday night to celebrate the release of some DVDs.

[url:1aytdhuv]http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?sid=165960[/url:1aytdhuv]

Don’t know whether it will be a clip show or some reenacting of skits but just wanted to let you guys know. Notice the timeslot is Friday 26:05 to 28:05. Basically it means early Saturday morning 2:05 to 4:05 Japan time for you guys who really wanna stay up and watch it (someone correct me if I’m wrong, hope I’m not :sweat: )[/quote:1aytdhuv]

I might be able to catch this…my timezone is 1 hour behind Japan’s.

[quote="solari":2ct56n3f][quote="Vatican":2ct56n3f]Looks like a Gottsu ee Kanji special is set to be aired on Fuji TV this Friday night to celebrate the release of some DVDs.
[url:2ct56n3f]http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?sid=165960[/url:2ct56n3f]
Don’t know whether it will be a clip show or some reenacting of skits but just wanted to let you guys know. Notice the timeslot is Friday 26:05 to 28:05. Basically it means early Saturday morning 2:05 to 4:05 Japan time for you guys who really wanna stay up and watch it (someone correct me if I’m wrong, hope I’m not :sweat: )[/quote:2ct56n3f]
I might be able to catch this…my timezone is 1 hour behind Japan’s.[/quote:2ct56n3f]

Ooh lucky! :o

I guess this particular program will be uploaded on Japanese video sites, but if anyone needs help on how to schedule a recording using NIJI and VLC feel free to let me know via PM or on this thread http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5277 . It can do recordings whilst you’re asleep. :)

Announced on this week’s Gobu Gobu ([url:1yg3ct5l]http://waraimasu.blog40.fc2.com/blog-entry-16408.html[/url:1yg3ct5l]) that Higashino will be leaving the show; this may be possibly because of Higashino’s involvement with Wide na Show, having been moved to a new timeslot. It is not known whether he will leave permanently or he will take a break before returning to hosting with Hamada or Gobu Gobu is simply trolling us and he appears next week as if nothing happened :D

[quote="Vatican":3bkny5vu]Announced on this week’s Gobu Gobu ([url:3bkny5vu]http://waraimasu.blog40.fc2.com/blog-entry-16408.html[/url:3bkny5vu]) that Higashino will be leaving the show; this may be possibly because of Higashino’s involvement with Wide na Show, having been moved to a new timeslot. It is not known whether he will leave permanently or he will take a break before returning to hosting with Hamada or Gobu Gobu is simply trolling us and he appears next week as if nothing happened :D[/quote:3bkny5vu]

Wow that’d be odd if so… like if one of the guys on the Moya Moya Summers show left. Kinda awkward :^)
Higashino is a good contrast to Hamada, they work well together. Best scenario is it’s an early April Fools joke :rofl:

[quote="Vatican":2iz6q1x4]A reminder about the final Waratte Iitomo episode to be aired next Monday. They have invited all past regulars of the program to return, so Downtown and Cocorico (I think they were regulars at one point) should be attending this.[/quote:2iz6q1x4]

this show will be very interesting!
what will downtown do? will they be live on studio?! :?:
that could be a great and rare opportunity to see them as guests and with some senpai (tamori and sanma)
will see…

thanks #vatican for the tip!

Ooohh…so Downtown is confirmed as appearing?
Awesome!
31 March at 8pm Japan time

How long will the last episode be?

[quote="solari":vu1g5l1x]How long will the last episode be?[/quote:vu1g5l1x]

from 20:00 to 23:14

Gottsu "A" Kanji

You can vote in your favorite character.
The popular character will make a doll for gift (Only people who bought this DVD).

http://www.gottsu-a-dvd.com/

[quote="ErnieYoung":2gn8qffw]Gottsu "A" Kanji

You can vote in your favorite character.
The popular character will make a doll for gift (Only people who bought this DVD).

http://www.gottsu-a-dvd.com/[/quote:2gn8qffw]

Too bad that’s only available in Japan. :(

I watched the gobu gobu higashino special. Higashino uses ‘いったん卒業’, meaning his leaving should be temporary. Hamada mentions that Higashino’s leaving gobu gobu to be a caster.
There’s a board with ‘30 things Hamachan wants to do with Higashinori’ on it, and it’s partly games, partly batsu, with some food. They didn’t manage to finish doing everything on the board, so maybe next time?

I didn’t manage to catch the gottsu special on air because of problems with niji but it’s now up on fc2. It’s a collection of Gottsu skits with Higashino and Itao commentating over it. They also talk about behind the scenes.