No Laughing in Spy Final Thoughts

i want tooooorrrennnntttt

Honestly?I dind´t like this batsu…but let´s see if there r funny with the subtitles…it was 6 hours but for some reason i think this one was ?short?=/

Yeah, those 6 hours passed so fast.
Maybe bacause it was somehow short, or it is because GNT is so funny that time flies so fast. ;)

If we’re holding this Batsu game against the other ones that had all five members in, I would say it’s better than Hotel but maybe a little sub par against Hospital and Newspaper. Wouldn’t you guys agree?

I would say it was a push with the Hotel one. It had its moments yes, but I think I laughed more in hotel than this one. Also, Yamasaki totally dodged most of that slap. It would have been hilarious if Chono had pulled him up and slapped him again for that.

The only way the doll would have been funnier is if they had a Matsumoto doll as well.

You know, to be honest, I think the 5 member batsus are not quite as funny as the ones where some are penalizing and some are doing the penalizing. I think the staff tightens it up a bit in terms of the missed laughs when they’ve got some of the team watching over them.

It was good, but actually not what I expected; there were too loooong segments that I didn’t like it at all. But funny moments, yes they are, the Hamada doll was great haha, and Jimmy and Matsuko Deluxe were parts I was waiting for and didn’t dissapoint me : )

Something that I really liked was the song used in the dorama of the DVD were Nakamura appeared haha, it’s so 90’s haha, but I can’t find it :/, I’m thinking that they created that song specially for this.

It is true that these last batsu games have nothing to do with the original ones.

In the beginning the "waratte wa ikenai" "don’t laugh" concept did seduce the regular cast. They did try their best not to laugh, as we can see it in the first batsu games (Yugawara, Onsen1, until High School) The funny thing was to see them trying to not laugh (remember Hamada in the car in the beginning of Yugawara batsu)

Then, starting from the newspaper batsu, we feel like the "funny" thing is them being hit, not them trying not to laugh, I feel like this is getting more and more commercial…

They seriously need to consider doing some "little" punishment games like they used to do, within the cast with an "admin" member (like Hamada in High School or Macchan in Police Station)

This said, I still find this batsu to be excellent, I did laugh a lot, and a lot is still waiting for us when it gets subbed.

Man, I fell asleep for the last 1:30 of the show. I really wish someone could post the raw video soon.

You can still watch it you know, its unedited so no translation and commercials are still there

http://ja.justin.tv/kazanby/b/276668179 http://ja.justin.tv/kazanby/b/276669509 http://ja.justin.tv/kazanby/b/276674013 http://ja.justin.tv/kazanby/b/276676786

[quote="Kanzaki":fjghvqgq]It is true that these last batsu games have nothing to do with the original ones.

In the beginning the "waratte wa ikenai" "don’t laugh" concept did seduce the regular cast. They did try their best not to laugh, as we can see it in the first batsu games (Yugawara, Onsen1, until High School) The funny thing was to see them trying to not laugh (remember Hamada in the car in the beginning of Yugawara batsu)

Then, starting from the newspaper batsu, we feel like the "funny" thing is them being hit, not them trying not to laugh, I feel like this is getting more and more commercial…

They seriously need to consider doing some "little" punishment games like they used to do, within the cast with an "admin" member (like Hamada in High School or Macchan in Police Station)

This said, I still find this batsu to be excellent, I did laugh a lot, and a lot is still waiting for us when it gets subbed.[/quote:fjghvqgq]

That’s exactly how I felt about this batsu. It’s getting to commercial while GNT batsus games used to be really homegrown y’know?

Also am I the only one thinks that the format is weird? People have been begging for a new format and this was kind of unexpected. Not to mention the entire time I was like "where is the regular gnt cast? It’s just been celebrity cameos." and this year wasnt even 24 hrs which disappoints me.

wow tough vote maybe we send them the final vote :lol:

for me its a 3 first 2h good last 2h hmmm

the dutch man was may fav. i am sure tanaka have a nice nightmare about him^^

As i wrote already in the chat.

GNT is based on bets. Its the foundation of the whole show when it started, after the GNT skit show.
Thats how segments were born like "Tasty Serie" or general Batsu Games… Usually u had Manzai talks where Matsumoto and Hamada made bets, which leaded to a Batsu.
Later they involved the 3 others, Yama Endou, Tanaka. Sometimes they were at Hamada side or on Matsumoto.

Sure i loved Hospital, it was something new and fresh to have finally them all together and its great from time to time. (could be made in a way, that they lose against a other group or against GNT crew)
But since they stick to that concept now for 3 years (4 with hospital). For what goes the term Batsu now? Nobody lost a bet or lost in a pregame. There is simply no Motivation for even trying to hold the laugh. Some of you might have seen or notice that the slap self is easy to take for them (except thai kick)

Also if i look at the regular episodes the past 2 years, you notice that foundation of betting is missing. Where did it go?
I would say, that it went over to Lincoln. If you compare the episodes of both shows, you will clearly say Lincoln is more fun to watch.

The problem might be too, that they try to hard to get the same success like with Hospital.

(i know its my second post but please be little bit honest and don’t overrate it with a 5)

[b:2c5h4nvt]first 3 hour .- 5/5 [/b:2c5h4nvt]: thai kicku- hama doll- lot of explosions- tag game- itao(fake tanaka and evil laugh)
[b:2c5h4nvt]last half 1.5/5: [/b:2c5h4nvt] really dissapointed…boring and repetitive respect to previous years and the spy concept never showed up…whats the point of having a theme then ?? and an unfunny jimmy…ok…this was so wrong.

They should make the next batsu with additional rules, break the rutine (bus-waiting room-stage performance-scary route), less celebrities but more joke time with the guests , a better use of jimmy and his onichiinesse, worse punishmets (they were laughing like nothing this time)and do activities according to the theme not just random things

final score 3/5

really fun though, special thanks to kazan for streaming and wing/haka(or hata??)/slayeer/etc(sorry dudes,dont remember ur nicks) for the live subbing/narration.

[quote="JordansOcarina":256sdfez]It’s getting to commercial while GNT batsus games used to be really homegrown y’know?

Not to mention the entire time I was like "where is the regular gnt cast? It’s just been celebrity cameos." and this year wasnt even 24 hrs which disappoints me.[/quote:256sdfez]

This is the main idea. The "homegrown" effect is seriously missing.

The climax was Yugawara and Osen1, High School and Hospital, but starting from Newspaper they began making us sick of all those "celebs". I want to watch downtown, CocoRico and Yamasaki Hosei, not various actors or singers :(
That "homegrown" effect is what attracted me in Gaki no Tsukai in the very first time. I don’t want it to be lost, and if it is, you can blame the capitalist system boys.

I’ve never been into that Lincoln stuff. I bet I’ll try it on and give it a chance.

[i:256sdfez]I begin to fear the time when we’ll say that "it was better in the old days". I don’t want gaki no tsukai to have "good old days" and "present lame days". Gaki no Tsukai must stay the eternal "old day", an "old day" which never finishes… like a leaf in its fall from a tree in autumn…^[1]

1. /i:256sdfez ↩︎

[quote="Kanzaki":3j2sc9yc][quote="JordansOcarina":3j2sc9yc]It’s getting to commercial while GNT batsus games used to be really homegrown y’know?

Not to mention the entire time I was like "where is the regular gnt cast? It’s just been celebrity cameos." and this year wasnt even 24 hrs which disappoints me.[/quote:3j2sc9yc]

The climax was Yugawara and Osen1, High School and Hospital, but starting from Newspaper they began making us sick of all those "celebs". I want to watch downtown, CocoRico and Yamasaki Hosei, not various actors or singers :(
That "homegrown" effect is what attracted me in Gaki no Tsukai in the very first time. I don’t want it to be lost, and if it is, you can blame the capitalist system boys.

I’ve never been into that Lincoln stuff. I bet I’ll try it on and give it a chance.

[i:3j2sc9yc]I begin to fear the time when we’ll say that "it was better in the old days". I don’t want gaki no tsukai to have "good old days" and "present lame days". Gaki no Tsukai must stay the eternal "old day", an "old day" which never finishes… like a leaf in its fall from a tree in autumn…^[1][/quote:3j2sc9yc]

Deep man.
I noticed how no laughing high school was kind of like 50% homegrown and the other half was commercial which is probably one of the many reasons gnt is prosperous. If it wasn’t for onsen 1 & 2 and high school this forum probably wouldn’t be here.

1. /i:3j2sc9yc ↩︎

[quote="Kanzaki":vlc8tnmy][quote="JordansOcarina":vlc8tnmy]It’s getting to commercial while GNT batsus games used to be really homegrown y’know?

Not to mention the entire time I was like "where is the regular gnt cast? It’s just been celebrity cameos." and this year wasnt even 24 hrs which disappoints me.[/quote:vlc8tnmy]

[i:vlc8tnmy]I begin to fear the time when we’ll say that "it was better in the old days". I don’t want gaki no tsukai to have "good old days" and "present lame days". Gaki no Tsukai must stay the eternal "old day", an "old day" which never finishes… like a leaf in its fall from a tree in autumn…^[1][/quote:vlc8tnmy]

I agree with this insightful observation.

Personally, my favorite Batsu game is Police Batsu. I don’t mind the celebrity cameos; however, the celebrities should do something funny instead of just showing up (I’m looking at Mah-kun…but not at Claudia Umemiya [I liked it when she was the lead of the play…not side]).

I rated this Batsu game 3/5. Onigokko and Hamada doll(as previously stated in other posts) were really funny. I also liked the elite-spy segment. I thought the play they did dragged the show down.

*note: grade will be subject to change when subs come out.

1. /i:vlc8tnmy ↩︎

As senkun says, "The best batsu games are the ones based off of bets"

I couldnt agree more.

Everybody who’s getting tired of the format and the celebrity cameo’s has to stop and remember 1 very important thing:

GNT is a BUSINESS, a business which caters to its sponsors just as much if not more to than its fans. The celebrity cameos and quick cuts to commercial are not unlike the Super Bowl in the U.S. The anticipation keeps eyes on the screen. We’re talking prime-time holiday TV viewfest with a captive all-ages audience. Those of us who were watching the stream feed earlier today were subjected to commercials for Panda, etc. just like everyone else. The chat even had commercial translations, if I remember correctly, and most of us were fascinated by the Japanese commercials!

The Batsu spy format is following the tried & true formula. Advertisers probably loved it because they could tailor commercials to the expected audience, it was bound to be entertaining while not entirely kiddie-TV, and your talking 6 hours where you can fill in the blanks with commercial upon umpteenth commercial. Plus, it gets killer ratings in and outside of Japan. If GNT can deliver a consistent product which will benefit advertisers, said advertisers will flock to them to get ad placement.

Sure, it seems boring but they also have to keep it controversy free in order to keep the business rolling. You think GNT would go out as dolphin trainers post-The Cove? Japanese soldiers might be a little too iffy. It may be harder to actually find a suitable character role for them nowadays than we think.

This is really no different than we’ve seen from the GNT crew before… Endo’s "fascination" with Frisk, the rows and rows of and formal naming/display of a specific product in the Kiki series, even the Gas Nuki series advertised specific restaurants!

So after checking out the final episode, they didnt even do it for 24 hours?

My best scenes.

1st: When Yamazaki got a punch in his stomach.
(I thought he was just ignored as always.)

2ed: Events of Hamada doll.
(Not only makes you laugh, also the doll will remain in your memory forever.)

3rd: The conversation between ジミー大西(Jimmy Onishi) and a Japanese great politician 石破 茂(Ishiba Shigeru).
(I’m really interested in how they will translate it into English. Jimmy’s Japanese is always working in mysterious ways.)

The most boring scene.

鬼ごっこ(Oni gokko… I don’t know how to say it in English).
(What the hell was the purpose of the event anyways? )

Frankly speaking, the beginning was pretty good and it seemed the show would be better than the recent No Laughing series, but as it neared the end , my urge to change the channel was getting strong and strong (especially 鬼ごっこ made a great contribution). So … I would rate the overall a 3(close to a 2), it means not worse than I thought.