No-Laughing Newspaper Agency (2008)

Oh well.

– Moved.

Hello all…

Im new here, i been trying to find good quality Gaki No Tsukai videos and this seems like the right place :)

i have a newbie question… is there a way to add the subtitles to the actual video file to make it stay permanantly in the picture…

My set-top box lets me view most video files like divx etc, but it wont show/read the subtitle file obviously and was wondering how to attach it to the video file… will it work with a video converter/joiner program ?

[quote:3rmx4juz][i:3rmx4juz]Originally posted by zrodfects[/i:3rmx4juz]
Hello all…

Im new here, i been trying to find good quality Gaki No Tsukai videos and this seems like the right place :)

i have a newbie question… is there a way to add the subtitles to the actual video file to make it stay permanantly in the picture…

My set-top box lets me view most video files like divx etc, but it wont show/read the subtitle file obviously and was wondering how to attach it to the video file… will it work with a video converter/joiner program ?[/quote:3rmx4juz]

I use VLC and after selecting the subtitlefile it gets used automatically. Meaning the first (maybe also second) time you’ll have to select it, but after that it gets chosen automatically. I don’t know if it’s the same thing for other programs

A settopbox is a hardware :P

You need to do the hardsub method, reencode it with the subs.
There are some threads about it: [url:3auqlh48]http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/board.php?boardid=13[/url:3auqlh48]

Hey thanks for the tips…

checked out a few of the posts from the link you provided still cant work it out yet but im not asking for more help just yet… At the moment i got the tv shows playing on my other pc which is full 1080p HD, so my pc is connected to my 50 Full HD LCD via HDMI and works that way of course so for the mean time i will just use my other pc to watch them on my TV…

The News Agency episode has awesemo picture quality, is it really DVD because it looks more High Def than DVD…

thanks again…

it would be nice if someone gave it the once over or two and proof-read it…

there’s that one part where the subber even says “Im very unsure about this” when matsumoto is supposedly saying “why dont you shove that up my ass”

and then there’s the reporters meeting where all the comedians are sharing their “stories”… it barely makes sense and isnt completely subbed with the note saying that its all probably wrong…

[quote:tm0qp2he][i:tm0qp2he]Originally posted by Vylen[/i:tm0qp2he]
it would be nice if someone gave it the once over or two and proof-read it…

there’s that one part where the subber even says “Im very unsure about this” when matsumoto is supposedly saying “why dont you shove that up my ass”

and then there’s the reporters meeting where all the comedians are sharing their “stories”… it barely makes sense and isnt completely subbed with the note saying that its all probably wrong…[/quote:tm0qp2he]

That is why its in the ‘work in progress’ section.

thank you very much for the subs…

so no one is kind enough to finish the subs ?

that’s sort of what i was implying in my post…

whilst, yes, this is in the “Work in progress” forum, it implies that there’s actual work going on…

and if not, it’d be nice if someone just filled in some stuff…

but whatever… im patient enough

Too bad my Japanese isn’t good enough to translate otherwise I would’ve done some work (since I’ve got some spare time this- and next week).

Just to give an idea of how it’s subbed: the ep goes on over 2 and a half minutes without any conversation translated into a subtitle.

Waaaaaa! That was hella funny. Thanks for the hard work & for sharing this. XD

Well whoever did the subs for this did a pretty good job doing the coloring. Once I saw the colored version for hotsprings, that was real useful to tell who said what, even though it was obvious. Doesn’t matter if it’s considered “incomplete”. It’s much better than watching it without any subs and not knowing how to read or understand japanese at all so thanks.

When the dvd version becomes available I could complete the subbing, I’m quite confident in my language skills.

[quote:13ogz6or][i:13ogz6or]Originally posted by gojinki[/i:13ogz6or]
When the dvd version becomes available I could complete the subbing, I’m quite confident in my language skills.[/quote:13ogz6or]

Awesome!

The DVD is already out but I don’t think it’s on the net yet…

DVD version with chinese subs

Maybe a chinese speaking person can help sub it! :P
[url:3dy3rg5b]http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_82671.htm[/url:3dy3rg5b]

Props to who ever subbed this. so far so good. i know there are missing parts but the issue i’m having is that the timing of the subs start to go off somewhere near the middle of the video…terribly. I don’t know if the video player I’m using (Media Player Classic) is adding onto the problem. I know that this is a work in progress and I have the patience for it so I’m just offering constructive criticism.

edit: on second thought, are these subs for the aired version or dvd?

I renamed all my videos so I’m not sure which version this is… but I’m using the reporter.ass subtitles along with the version that is 2.01 GB, 640x480, 3h:17m:41s long.

My guess would be that you are using the wrong video… with the timing being off that’s usually the problem.

These subs are for the aired version, the DVD version was just found recently so it doesn’t have matching subs yet.

Thanks to whoever made these subs. Not sure if this was the dvd or tv version but it was hilarious as always.