Official Batsu Game 2010: "No Laughing SPY" Pre-Talk

Man, i hated that they didn’t sleep in the previous one, it’s one of my favorite parts when they try to rest but the staff keep launching stupid sounds and stuff xD

Indeed, I can’t wait for another year and another batsu game with fellow fans!

[quote="shinderu":228gu2yz]On the Justin.tv feed I was on, there were a couple guys that traded off on the translations, and it wasn’t Shibata.[/quote:228gu2yz]

oops sorry guys I really tough that was shibatabread was there :D who was it then? can he come back and sub again?

"No Laughing - Newscaster" #RumorCentral

Saw this on Shibata Twitter, can someone confirm this?

My tweet was solely based on rumor I have heard and seen.
As the hash tag implies, it is a rumor.

Thanks,

s

thanks for the info!

It can be everything (i was just lucky that i guessed wild last year correct, with hotelman)

I am not sure how the Concept self Newscaster could work out… But i can imagine that they could use the theme "No Laughing - Tv Station"
Personally the last year wasn’t that great compare to previous years… Maybe it is just me. Sure some segments were amazing like the DVD Trap. Also they nailed last year (first time)
Tanaka really hard and they were surprised too.

But overall it was a disappointment not sure how everyone else see’s that. But they did nothing at all as a Hotelman really… Well there wasnt much space do to something anyway, like as policeman or Nurse

As long they step it up and drop some things out like the Bus Start ( i know deluxe is cool but can be better used elsewhere), Wedding ceremony is old too. I don’t find Heipo at all funny the worst the thing was the end part of newspaper with Tanaka and Po channel meh his acting is so obviously and unfunny… He is only good to be kicked.

I dont remember the Japanese site i found once… But it was a site or is still a site where the audience could vote/rate their favorite Batsu Game and Hospital was Number 1…
Hotelman was like on Top 5 or 6. I am sure the few segments like DVD Trap just avoided that it will be on the last spot. Well who knows how many have rated/voted there anyway.

Glad that i know a person who is at the moment in japan for a long time. Hopefully can provide me some infos before xmas…

We can just guess right now and start rumors =P
As far i know it never slipped out until they made the announcement. Which should come by the way very soon in like 2.5 weeks (maybe even 1,5)

My mojo left me this year… My wish i still seeing them as Scientists (they could bring the sadist women back from police and hospital where Hamada has no chance)
Either they step it up and surprise us or they follow last year and it will be pretty plain and normal.

I REALLY liked the idea putting them into a museum! Would have been so much fun.
The military thiing doesnt sound that fun, and doesnt sound like something they would do. Remember these guys arent 20 years old anymore.

[i:3gtlxho1]2. Which Theme do you think they will use? What they will use for slapping their butts.[/i:3gtlxho1]

I have no idea to be honest, I just hope that this year they actually do a bit more in correlation to the theme… Hotelmen don’t get taken here and there to be given front row seats to events. In short I’m asking for a bit more realism, but at the same time I realize this is a comedy show so they have my leniency… Although just a tad bit more than the hotelman batsu would be nice. As for what they use for slapping their butts, if they can find something theme related all the better, but for all I care it could just be a foam pool noodle…

[i:3gtlxho1]
3. Are all 5 gonna be a part?[/i:3gtlxho1]

I hope so, but things can happen to make that not so.

[i:3gtlxho1]4. Will it be again over 24 hours? like Hotelman were they did 26 hours[/i:3gtlxho1]

If they can keep it entertaining, I don’t care how long they film for. However, if it starts to get stale like about 3-4 hours into the hotelman batsu did, I kinda don’t want them to go over the 24 hour limit.
[i:3gtlxho1]
5. Can we except again a 6 hour footage?[/i:3gtlxho1]

As a person who is going to sub this in english, part of me hopes it is shorter, but part of me hopes it is longer. Shorter because 6 hours is a lot of footage, longer because that’s all the more Japanese practice for me ^-^… If someone else subs it as well, fine so be it, but this time I’ll be doing it with my Japanese tutor’s help so the quality may be better than last time (for those of you who figured it out, shh…)

[i:3gtlxho1]6. Which kind of Traps would you like to see?[/i:3gtlxho1]

Yamasaki Outo angel… Tanaka mou… Never ceases to stop being funny… more musical traps the better. Still sing that with Japanese friends at high school to this day.

[i:3gtlxho1]7. What shouldn’t be used again from previous Games.[/i:3gtlxho1]

Chrouno… is funny, but really harsh… IDK if I say he shouldn’t be used again, but at the same time I feel bad for Yamasaki-san.

[i:3gtlxho1]8. Will they sleep this Time? And a return of Showheihei?[/i:3gtlxho1]

If they do, then I feel going over the 24 hour limit is a must… Showheihei is epic in all regards.

[i:3gtlxho1]9. Tell us which famous Persons should be involved? or you would like to see.[/i:3gtlxho1]

That new-half (transvestite) that ran 100km, I can’t remember her name but she was all over then news when I first came to Japan.

[i:3gtlxho1]10. Add other comments you want to share with the Community. Related to the this Batsu Game[/i:3gtlxho1]

As I mentioned earlier I will give it my all with subbing this year’s batsu, my Japanese has improved incredibly since the last time so I won’t have to rely as much on a dictionary/the Japanese subtitles to get what is said, but it will still be a fun challenge. Since I am in Japan and not having my gaming computer with me, I can’t video edit the special effects onto subtitles like I did last time. I can’t video edit at all really… so if anyone is interested in teaming up with me to soft/hardcode (up to the amount of effort the video editor wishes to provide) the subs please feel free to contact me via e-mail at: DerekF@elgngaming.net

Also, if Shibatabread is so inclined, I’d be willing to work along side him to get things subbed faster. Either way, I’m open to input on who I work with and etc.

For those of you who can figure out my original identity on these forums, please don’t bring it up; a lot has changed since then… For one, I’m a high school exchange student in Japan right now so I have loads of free time as I don’t have to do any of the homework xD… Which means little to no chance of me being irritable.

As more information is available to me, I’ll talk more about other things later, but for now this is what I’d like to say.

Please and thanks,

Derek

I read something about "No laughing Spy" and "No laughing Newscaster"…
And it seems that it has already been shoot in Daigo, Ibaraki Prefecture.
Can’t wait !

Guess it’s confirmed as spy :P

http://www.shibatabread.com/2010/11/it- ... -2010.html

Looks like they don’t have to do much work! ;]

I can’t wait though. Justin.tv time again? :)

i wont believe it yet fully =P since its the only site who has such news http://mantan-web.jp/2010/11/26/2010112 … 6000c.html

But i have to say i am really surprised and excited about that theme. That’s clearly something i wasn’t excepting at all. Hopefully that is true.

I think noboy was expecting them to become spies. lol
Anyway, hopefully it will feel fresher than last year’s game.

Spies should be interesting… for some reason as soon as I read that, I imagined a lot of investigations (individual or group) that end up being situations like the Mongolian wrestling gag from… one of the Onsen ones (?).

Yeah, it seems as if all 5 are involved from the picture on that site :D I cannot wait.

It’s nice to know, no matter how things change, one thing stays the same. 5 guys getting their ass beaten for comedy.

no one expect that, but anyways its a very good idea, this will be a very good batsu i am sure of it.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

hooray! i can’t wait :D hopefully there will be a stream like last year.

Lol, epic choice of a theme I would say.

It’s definitely an intriguing theme. It’s not as "everyday" as the previous ones have been so it has a possibility of being extra absurd. Hopefully, the production wasn’t hindered by the weather like last year’s No Laughing Hotel Man. Anyways, I have high hopes for this one because the theme is just unexpected.