Subbing Project 2010 Batsu: "No Laughing SPY School"

Thank you guys so much for doing this. Happy to know that this major release is in very good hands. Excited to see it.

Are the subs allready finished or are they currently still working on them may i ask ^_^ ?

– 03.01.2011, 02:14 –

[quote="tarumiya":1g1osdrp]you are ALL AMAZING!!
thank you so much for taking the time to translate and sub these for everyone to enjoy. ^-^
i can’t wait to watch it.[/quote:1g1osdrp]

I love your ’ Unfortunately, not from Japan ’ bit Loool thats so epic ^_^ sorry for getting of topic just had to be said XD !

[quote="BlueSky":hb8qr73e]Are the subs allready finished or are they currently still working on them may i ask ^_^ ?

– 03.01.2011, 02:14 –

[quote="tarumiya":hb8qr73e]you are ALL AMAZING!!
thank you so much for taking the time to translate and sub these for everyone to enjoy. ^-^
i can’t wait to watch it.[/quote:hb8qr73e]

I love your ’ Unfortunately, not from Japan ’ bit Loool thats so epic ^_^ sorry for getting of topic just had to be said XD ![/quote:hb8qr73e]

subs take a few month

This sucks. I’m half-Japanese so I understand what they say, but my boyfriend has no idea what they’re saying. I like to watch this show with him but he wants to wait til the subtitles are out. LOL.

Keep up the good work gaiz! :)

Take your time guys!

any update yet? :D

why would it take months? aint that working kinda slow…don’t mean anything bad about it I’m just wondering cuz if u know a language should it be kinda easy? if it was in my language I could see it maybe take 1 week for the raw translation if ur doing it in the spare time.

again nothing against u guys cuz I love ur translations but do u have a timeline? all I’m seeing is other ppl just guessing

[quote="Ryuken":2u64fy43]why would it take months? aint that working kinda slow…don’t mean anything bad about it I’m just wondering cuz if u know a language should it be kinda easy? if it was in my language I could see it maybe take 1 week for the raw translation if ur doing it in the spare time.

again nothing against u guys cuz I love ur translations but do u have a timeline? all I’m seeing is other ppl just guessing[/quote:2u64fy43]

Traduction is not a easy task. It takes some times because you need to stay true to the saying of the person. In some case 1 word can be said in multiple way that aren’t relate which when you do it too fast you might not come across the reference. Plus they have a life, they do it for us and for free so they should take what ever time they won’t.

Beggars with less than 5 posts are getting obnoxious. Mods, I won’t have problem with banning them without warning :devil:

[quote="Jetsome":2iawr9iw]
Traduction is not a easy task. It takes some times because you need to stay true to the saying of the person. In some case 1 word can be said in multiple way that aren’t relate which when you do it too fast you might not come across the reference. Plus they have a life, they do it for us and for free so they should take what ever time they won’t.[/quote:2iawr9iw]

Added to timing, coloring, etc…

Someone who has never done subbing before would never know how tedious the subbing process is :) It is a time-devouring activity.
Moreover, the people who are doing it are doing it for FREE, taking their own free time to contribute for the community. We should be very thankful ;)

Last year the Hotelman batsu’s last part was subbed on November, so we can say it took nearly a year. But Shibata was working alone. This year we’ve got a great team, we can be optimistic and say it could be done by the next summer?

To the subbers: Please don’t push yourself, take your time, we’re patiently waiting :)

you guys are great man !!

good luck to ya all for providing so many subs sooo quickly
wish i coud speak japanese !!
i love gaki no tsukai !! i am hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fan since 5 years now !!! haha and i started taking japanese classes just because of gaki !!

thanks to all the subbers and creator of this website you all doing great job !!
keep it up and keep subbed videos comming ;)

Waiting for epic subs!

Previous thanks from brazil :P

I don’t know, they did their dry run on the Hotel Man extra footage extremely fast. I was incredibly impressed.

It’s only 24 minutes compared to 5 hours but still, 24 minutes times 12 or so and we have a general idea of how long it’ll take.

Which to say isn’t very long at all :rofl:

[quote="Kanzaki":9uf0aqdf][quote="Jetsome":9uf0aqdf]
Last year the Hotelman batsu’s last part was subbed on November, so we can say it took nearly a year. But Shibata was working alone. This year we’ve got a great team, we can be optimistic and say it could be done by the next summer? [/quote:9uf0aqdf][/quote:9uf0aqdf]

Actually Shibata put out Part 29 and 30 of Hotel on May 4, which means it took him roughly 4 full months to sub it with only his wife helping. If(big if) they can maintain a decent pace, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this fully subbed by early or mid-March. I’m not saying that happens because real life can rear its ugly head and grind things to a halt but I believe they’ll probably be anywhere from 30-50% more efficient than Shibata was with just his wife.

Regardless, this is a free project done by them so whenever they finish, they finish.

I hope they just sub it all at once this time, those parts really broke up the pace of the series, and no disrespect at all, but I’d rather have loosely translated sooner then accuracy a lot later. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :tmi:

Well it took me 20 hrs of work to fully translate/timing for "Departures", though its was from english to german.

Seeing how fast they got the Hotelman bonus content ready, i would say that we will be able to see the subs in this month.
But it could also take till April, because i dont know how much time they spent per week on it.

my first post will be…

to thank the people responsible for us non-japanese speakers to fully enjoy this awesome show :D

Arigatooooooooo- onegaishimasuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Keep up the good work subbers…Cant wait till you guys are done. :bow:

Thanks to all the subbers :)
when will you roughly finish? and will you update this tread or a new one?
also is it in HD?

Thanks all again :clap:
You are among gods :bow:

Can’t wait to watch it!