Unseen Footage Spy Batsu Part 1 #1037 (2011.01.09)

why do i feel that this is threaten? even when fans ask me about my batsu experiment i always just tell them that i am currently busy, so there is no need to get that hard bro 8)

Agreed with joker on this one. None of the other subbers have acted like you are, even if it is a joke. If you’re acting like it’s something you don’t wanna do then don’t do it.

WARNING: OFF TOPIC

Also, I’m not gonna start anything (I’m well aware of the previous drama with you on the forums) but going into request threads and complaining to people who didn’t even ask specifically for you to sub something and complaining about them not providing a video link seems a bit rude to me. If you don’t want to sub it because they don’t provide a link then just ignore it an move on.

I guess I just delayed the release by another week with this post, huh?

"Bug me or the forum mods about any subs I am doing and I will postpone their release by a week."

who the hell does this guy think he is?

still the same old arrogant prick from when you started i see…and lose some weight you fat shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSutJq7KsuI

[quote="LionMan":3rlbx6v6]"Bug me or the forum mods about any subs I am doing and I will postpone their release by a week."

still the same old arrogant prick from when you started i see…and lose some weight you fat shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSutJq7KsuI[/quote:3rlbx6v6]

relax bro, well, now i am currently stuck with 2 assignment, php and java and currently i am rotting inside my class now while doing a sudoku game using java :swear:

yowzer, chill guys.

@ Derek - Im not sure what conspired in the past but if you’re back with subbing, awesome. Welcome back, and I know I’ll be waiting for it to be done. As for the bugging you for subs, I respect that you guys do work out of your own time, although I know not many people are as patient as me, please try to not to make all of us suffer for a few people’s mistakes (no harm intended). :clap:
keep up the good work!

@joker, my post wasnt meant for you dude, it was for derek. He was an irritating little shit when arrived few years ago and now comes back acting all high and mighty.

@solace, tbh i dont mind how long subbers take to do their work + i can wait however long they need since their doing it for free but his arrogance pisses me off and id rather him not sub at all if hes going to act like a prick all the time…i say good riddance to him

[quote="LionMan":3lth9fyu]@joker, my post wasnt meant for you dude, it was for derek. He was an irritating little shit when arrived few years ago and now comes back acting all high and mighty.

@solace, tbh i dont mind how long subbers take to do their work + i can wait however long they need since their doing it for free but his arrogance pisses me off and id rather him not sub at all if hes going to act like a prick all the time…i say good riddance to him[/quote:3lth9fyu]
lol i know it was referring to derek thats why i say to relax 8)

[img:2ffrt1rn]http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/8/2/8/michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif[/img:2ffrt1rn]

everybody lets just all :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i think i’ll have me coffee today.

[quote="DenshiDereku":3g0atqy8]Kanzaki: That is not a joke, although I will be very selective with I do it so as to make sure doing such carries meaning behind it…

As for where have I been? I can cite, college, the earthquake, culture shock, presentations on the earthquake, getting a job, and more with why I forgot about the forums…

Ezoghoul: :D :rofl: I guess I will be starting work on the 8th then. Unless anyone else wants to postpone it further? :!:

[b:3g0atqy8]Kihana’s question is an example of an acceptable question:[/b:3g0atqy8]
Kihana94: Whatever there is video for that I can get easy access to, I’ll sub it… The speed at which I sub is dependent on my coursework though…[/quote:3g0atqy8]

Alright! I’m not gonna rush you, it’s just nice to know that it’s going to get subbed, so thank you!

Wow, that was a faster and a greater reaction than I had anticipated. Although there is no denying that when first introducing the idea and following through with it that I anticipated this kind of friction would arise.

So to address people’s complaints/issues with this:

[quote="joker":3biksijz]why do i feel that this is threaten? even when fans ask me about my batsu experiment i always just tell them that i am currently busy, so there is no need to get that hard bro 8)[/quote:3biksijz]

[b:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]Because it is a threat[/u:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz], I can exhibit the maturity to live with stupid people as well but I’ve received things [i:3biksijz][b:3biksijz]as far as death threats[/b:3biksijz][/i:3biksijz] when subbing some bigger projects… admittedly my Japanese was absolute crap and sub-sequentially my translations none the better although their complaint was about my poor speed… I’m introducing this now so that people know to show a bit more respectful attitude when other subbers (or me if it has to be) work on the upcoming batsu game. It’s a very rough reminder that "hey, we volunteer our times, have lives, and are more than happy to take a week off to give you a small life lesson".

[quote="DonMoonie":3biksijz]Agreed with joker on this one. None of the other subbers have acted like you are, even if it is a joke. If you’re acting like it’s something you don’t wanna do then don’t do it.

WARNING: OFF TOPIC

Also, I’m not gonna start anything (I’m well aware of the previous drama with you on the forums) but going into request threads and complaining to people who didn’t even ask specifically for you to sub something and complaining about them not providing a video link seems a bit rude to me. If you don’t want to sub it because they don’t provide a link then just ignore it an move on.

I guess I just delayed the release by another week with this post, huh?[/quote:3biksijz]

No, you haven’t delayed anything, your post expressed [b:3biksijz][i:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]a genuine concern[/u:3biksijz][/i:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz]… I’m perfectly fine with being called out upon for when I mess up because its better to know that I messed up so I know not to mess up in the future. So if anything I thank-you.

On that note: It is rude, but at the same time I barely have the time to sub much less look for your videos for you. [u:3biksijz]If you want something subbed all I ask is a means for me to view the video so that I can sub it that’s it.[/u:3biksijz] Once that has been fulfilled I’ll work on it when it pops up in my list of things to translate gets to it. Depending on life, this may mean it takes a while so if you [i:3biksijz]really[/i:3biksijz] want it subbed, [b:3biksijz][i:3biksijz]maybe[/i:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz] you hold interest in backing-up the video file somehow [u:3biksijz](Disclaimer: Not advocating illegal or copyright infringing activities)[/u:3biksijz] in the event when I get to it, the video is taken down… In either case the responsibility of the video being requested to be subbed lies with the person requesting… [b:3biksijz]when you go to wal-mart you don’t stand at the entrance of the store and order their employees to fetch your groceries for you, you walk around with the cart and pick up your own groceries and then bring it to their registers for purchase…[/b:3biksijz]

Then also: We can ignore people and nothing gets done, or we can let them know why and if they don’t want to find the video then it looks less like we didn’t try to accommodate you and more you were too lazy to find the video… that or we all find out the video doesn’t exist. In either case, [u:3biksijz]neither of us like wasting time looking for a video that doesn’t exist[/u:3biksijz]. However, in the grand scheme of things, I can use that wasted time to sub instead so I pass on the pain to you…

[quote="LionMan":3biksijz]"Bug me or the forum mods about any subs I am doing and I will postpone their release by a week."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSutJq7KsuI[/quote:3biksijz]

[b:3biksijz][i:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]Your why this rule is being introduced, shut up.[/u:3biksijz][/i:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz] Arrogant? Yes, Prick? Probably… Fat? Well, I’ve lost about 50lbs since that video, but I’d still call myself fat.

[b:3biksijz][i:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]Posts like these are motivational killers for us subbers, it literally sucks all energy away from us to continue our work.[/u:3biksijz][/i:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz]

Who do I think I am? A translator, albeit a dumbass translator at that, but it doesn’t deter from the fact that social hierarchy exists and as such being in a higher social status pretty much grants me permission to kick you in the balls… Now, I’m not going to kick you in the balls, but here is what I am going to do: [b:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]Translation work begins on the 15th[/u:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz]. Thank you.

[quote="Solace":3biksijz]yowzer, chill guys.

@ Derek - Im not sure what conspired in the past but if you’re back with subbing, awesome. Welcome back, and I know I’ll be waiting for it to be done. As for the bugging you for subs, I respect that you guys do work out of your own time, although I know not many people are as patient as me, please try to not to make all of us suffer for a few people’s mistakes (no harm intended). :clap:
keep up the good work![/quote:3biksijz]

These posts are welcome, give me and other subbers inspiration to continue subbing and sub-sequentially a warm fuzzy feeling inside. [b:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]Translation work begins on the 10th[/u:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz]

[b:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]>.> I’ll ignore Lionman’s second post to give him time to reconsider before dishing out another batsu on his behalf.[/u:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz]

[quote="DonMoonie":3biksijz][img:3biksijz]http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/8/2/8/michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif[/img:3biksijz][/quote:3biksijz]

Lol: Translation work begins on the 8th

[quote="Ezoghoul":3biksijz]everybody lets just all :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i think i’ll have me coffee today.[/quote:3biksijz]

BTW, I fully understand you were joking and meant that in good mannerism, but if I didn’t react to it the way I did no one would take it seriously. [b:3biksijz][u:3biksijz]The reality is I have a mid-term for math due on the 8th and my free-time for subbing opens up then. I just used the opportunity to try and teach some people some manners. Which is the [i:3biksijz]WHOLE POINT[/i:3biksijz] of this idea.[/u:3biksijz][/b:3biksijz]

– 02.11.2011, 23:26 –

"You have been [b:3biksijz]permanently[/b:3biksijz] banned from this website… a block has been placed on your ip address"

… -.- … Alright, I guess I can’t sub it since I’ve been banned from this website… I’m only hopping around the ip block ATM to let the message that sends be made public.

hey, how come i never see this kind of ruckus/problem with other subbers?
Can’t we all just be nice and friendly to each other? come on…

Come on people, let’s all behave like adults. I was patient for 9 or so months to see the subs and I’m still waiting and not shouting or swearing at anyone. Just wait and be grateful that someone takes the time to do it for free for others to enjoy.
@DenshiDereku Oh and if it’s such a pain to sub videos than look for another hobby. No one will blame you and it will feel good for you.

[quote:1qv66xxl]
"You have been permanently banned from this website… a block has been placed on your ip address"

… -.- … Alright, I guess I can’t sub it since I’ve been banned from this website… I’m only hopping around the ip block ATM to let the message that sends be made public.[/quote:1qv66xxl]

Best news ive heard all week. Are some of you that desperate for subs that your willing to be at his mercy and be bullied by his so called ‘rules’ all the time (which by the way this site has made no such rules -> hes acting as if hes a ‘mod’ and can do whatever he wants).

ill gladly wait for the regular subbers to do their work in their own time…these are the people who should be appreciated since they never complain or make threats or act ‘socially’ above everyone else (aka derek).

Wow. I didn’t need that whole wal-mart anology. What I was getting at is that [b:2xtksek7][u:2xtksek7]the majority of subbers choose their own projects and not take requests[/u:2xtksek7][/b:2xtksek7] (aside from the main batsu). [b:2xtksek7][u:2xtksek7]That way they work on what they want to work on and don’t complain for absolutely no reason.[/u:2xtksek7][/b:2xtksek7] Unsure what to think of the comment made about not condoning file sharing while asking people to provide their own video though haha.

EDIT: Oh, he’s banned. LMAO

[quote="iwan00spect":3s5aec9k]hey, how come i never see this kind of ruckus/problem with other subbers?
Can’t we all just be nice and friendly to each other? come on…[/quote:3s5aec9k]

Well, with them issueing the permaban it allowed me to realize how trolly I have a tendancy to be so I’m re-analyzing my approach…

[quote="crystalsylur":3s5aec9k]Come on people, let’s all behave like adults. I was patient for 9 or so months to see the subs and I’m still waiting and not shouting or swearing at anyone. Just wait and be grateful that someone takes the time to do it for free for others to enjoy.
@DenshiDereku Oh and if it’s such a pain to sub videos than look for another hobby. No one will blame you and it will feel good for you.[/quote:3s5aec9k]

I do it to increase my Japanese vocabulary and Kanji comprehension as well as general linguistic maintenance, the "praises" for work act as extra motivation, also the feeling of accomplishment completing a sub-project is rewarding as well.

In short, I’m too selfish to do it for the simple benefit of non-Japanese speakers… Working on changing it so I’m more naturally selfless, but a this point that is not the case.

[quote="LionMan":3s5aec9k][quote:3s5aec9k]
"You have been permanently banned from this website… a block has been placed on your ip address"

… -.- … Alright, I guess I can’t sub it since I’ve been banned from this website… I’m only hopping around the ip block ATM to let the message that sends be made public.[/quote:3s5aec9k]

Best news ive heard all week. Are some of you that desperate for subs that your willing to be at his mercy and be bullied by his so called ‘rules’ all the time (which by the way this site has made no such rules -> hes acting as if hes a ‘mod’ and can do whatever he wants).

ill gladly wait for the regular subbers to do their work in their own time…these are the people who should be appreciated since they never complain or make threats or act ‘socially’ above everyone else (aka derek).[/quote:3s5aec9k]

So if your not desperate for subs, this implies you have Japanese abilities that may be useful for subbing, why are you parasitically sitting on your ass calling me out for trying to ask for less sociopathic behavior (acknowledges my current behavior isn’t much better by fighting fire with fire) and not contributing?

I never said this was a site-wide rule, the key word was "on my sub projects" I have full control over my own work, I have no control over this forum, although subbers do have a level of prestige which I wanted to use to try and make this forum a bit more refined, if the mods have no such interest I’ll abide but could let me know first before banning me… banning me seemed a bit rash.

[quote="DonMoonie":3s5aec9k]Wow. I didn’t need that whole wal-mart anology. What I was getting at is that [b:3s5aec9k][u:3s5aec9k]the majority of subbers choose their own projects and not take requests[/u:3s5aec9k][/b:3s5aec9k] (aside from the main batsu). [b:3s5aec9k][u:3s5aec9k]That way they work on what they want to work on and don’t complain for absolutely no reason.[/u:3s5aec9k][/b:3s5aec9k] Unsure what to think of the comment made about not condoning file sharing while asking people to provide their own video though haha.

EDIT: Oh, he’s banned. LMAO[/quote:3s5aec9k]

I don’t really have a preference as to what I sub, I just need translating experience so that’s why. I’m complaining about non-uniform level of respect for subbers existant on the form. Lionman may be able to use my history against me in this example to win the battle but his ego will lead him into trouble in the future… there are more people I am referencing than just him.

Also the "pick your own projects, and don’t take requests" idea is contrary to complaints I received about how "doing the same project (batsu game) as someone else is a waste of time, do the other things needing subs"

The not condoning file sharing, while asking you to provide your own video is a matter of legal distinction. By stating that, it is your own legal risk to provide the video. I am allowed to legally view the video and thus translate it from that, but all illegal activities will not be operated by me. AKA you do the dirty work not me.

[quote:18j08agx]So if your not desperate for subs, this implies you have Japanese abilities that may be useful for subbing,[/quote:18j08agx]

:^) Why would not being desperate for subs imply in any way that someone has Japanese abilities? I'm not [i:18j08agx]desperate [/i:18j08agx]for subs either but that's because I can wait for subs/appreciate what people do provide. I can't understand any Japanese.

[quote:18j08agx]Also the "pick your own projects, and don’t take requests" idea is contrary to complaints I received about how "doing the same project (batsu game) as someone else is a waste of time, do the other things needing subs" [/quote:18j08agx]

Dude you make no sense. There’s 1000+ episodes of gaki no tsukai, plus countless other japanese shows/movies/anime/whatever the hell else to choose from without taking peoples requests and not doing the same project. My point was if you’re going to fill someone’s request, don’t be pissy about it. [b:18j08agx][u:18j08agx]You said you were doing it for yourself[/u:18j08agx][/b:18j08agx] anyway, so why do you feel the need to even try to fill requests, surely there’s some project that YOU want to do. If you want the "praise" to motivate you then just share it in the right places and I’m sure people would appreciate the work whatever you decide to sub.
How do you even think the recognition of gaki started? Some guy probably thought "wow this is great, I should translate it and share it with people so they can enjoy it too", why can’t you apply that same principle? Heck that person may have also subbed it for the same reason as you (to improve their language skills).
Long story short, if you want to sub, please don’t be an asshole about it. If you insist on being an asshole, then there’s plenty of other ways to improve your language skills.

I’m not gonna comment on the filesharing thing because it seems to me like it’s some bullshit excuse to cover your ass. I think there’s a level of laziness in there too but I’m not gonna say any more.

[quote="DonMoonie":2kuebwvc]
Long story short, if you want to sub, please don’t be an asshole about it. If you insist on being an asshole, then there’s plenty of other ways to improve your language skills.[/quote:2kuebwvc]

I have to agree. Denshi’s posts in other threads come off as kinda "holier than thou" and his bold red signature isn’t very friendly. Most people here are very nice and considerate of the time that the subbers put into doing this for us (for free!), so it feels like Denshi is punishing everyone just because of one rotten apple. I personally wouldn’t ever turn down any material that Denshi subs, I just think his attitude and signature get us all started off on the wrong foot.

We’re all Gaki fans here, so excuse our impatience from time to time :)

[quote:2qbboebs]So if your not desperate for subs, this implies you have Japanese abilities that may be useful for subbing, why are you parasitically sitting on your ass calling me out for trying to ask for less sociopathic behavior (acknowledges my current behavior isn’t much better by fighting fire with fire) and not contributing?[/quote:2qbboebs]

how on earth does not being deperate for subs = me having japanese abilities suitable for subbing?
common sense would indicate that either a) i have patience to wait for subs, b) i have a life outside of GnT so can actually be busy, c) as much as i like GnT there are other things to watch as well and the list can go on and on etc…

your pathetic attempt of replying to my post is laughable and is just making yourself look worse than you aready have.