2010 FIFA World Cup

:clap: nice one @Kyon

Anyway, I really hope Holland and Japan get far this time (I’m sorry Denmark and Cameroon)

I expect that Germany will get far as always (which should just not happen), and I’m not too fond of South-American and South-European teams (Argentina and Chile are cool though, although I don’t know Chile well)

I’m really looking forward to it, I even planned my days off so that I can see as much as possible… But I won’t be able to see the second half final and the 3rd place final and the final as well at home because I’ll already go to Corsica then

And before I forget, tomorrow is voting time here in the Netherlands, good luck forming a coalition during the World Cup -.-

so it begins today… and here at work there is soooo much food to celebrate. being that the company i work for is a money wiring company and we service to pretty much every spanish country like mexico, central america and europe. so yeah… im not from mexico, but many people here are so no one is working, just eating and screaming.

South Africa 1 - 1 Mexico

not bad, not bad really… Mexico wasted a LOT of chances indeed…

Uruguay - France coming up next!

yeah i know. that was the cause of most of the screams n yelling in the office.

My faves?
Argentina, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Japan.
England also has a very easy draw until semi-finals, but not selecting Walcott is a humongous mistake by Mr Capello.

I have the Japan ‘blue samurai’ one with feathers. The mascot is a legendary three-legged crow!! :S . I also have a classic Germany one.

Sorry, I don’t like the brazilian strikers selected this year. They will lose against the Netherlands in quarter-finals.

Portugal and Italy will be the negative surprises.

The winner of Chile vs. Switzerland will pass.

France vs Uruguay is about to begin. I’ll go for another draw: 2-2

another draw, but at 0. somewhat dull game, I was expecting for more.

[b:k8fmcnjc]GROUP A[/b:k8fmcnjc]
(Points, Goals Scored)
[color=blue:k8fmcnjc]South Africa 1 1
Mexico 1 1[/color:k8fmcnjc]
[color=red:k8fmcnjc]France 1 0
Uruguay 1 0[/color:k8fmcnjc]

Tomorrow’s games:

South Korea - Greece
Argentina - Nigeria
England - United States

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Um, I don’t watch fifa but all you guys talking about countries kept reminding me of hetalia and that series has scarred me good.

Sorry for my harsh words, but I dont give a sh… for soccer, in my opinion its boring and very intelligent people will go nuts by watching it (Oleeoleeoleeoleee… wtf?).

Don’t get me wrong, I respect your enthusiasm, I still do not see the point, what is all this good for.

[quote:105b0qiq][i:105b0qiq]Originally posted by alfred_49[/i:105b0qiq]
Sorry for my harsh words, but I dont give a sh… for soccer, in my opinion its boring and very intelligent people will go nuts by watching it (Oleeoleeoleeoleee… wtf?).

Don’t get me wrong, I respect your enthusiasm, I still do not see the point, what is all this good for.[/quote:105b0qiq]

It’s okay, man… that’s why this thread is located in the “General Discussion”.

I just started it when I got permission from Slayer, one of the MODs here…

I couldn’t see today’s matches until now, but I heard that South Korea played pretty well.

I’m really glad 2006 and 2010 World Cups were/are in decent time zones (whereas 2002 sucked, and 2014 Brazil will be just acceptable)

Very disappointed with England’s performance today. I didn’t take the USA lightly because I knew they wanted to play football and they brought us a good game.

What really makes you frustrated is when the players who you know are going to let you down go and let you down. Robert Green will be ashamed of himself, and he should be. Our goalkeeper issues were always going to be a problem.

[quote:23oai3z1][i:23oai3z1]Originally posted by alfred_49[/i:23oai3z1]
I dont give a sh… for soccer, in my opinion its boring and very intelligent people will go nuts by watching it[/quote:23oai3z1]

Oh, you. :rolleyes:

Was also very, very disappointed in England today, since they were favored to win the match. USA’s goal didnt sit right with me, but a goal is a goal, and they played well.

I’m excited for the Germany vs Australia match tomorrow, hope it’s not a disappointment!

Oh, Green’s mistake was a bad one. England can turn stuff around indeed.

I’m happy about sunday an its events. Start with Algeria-Slovenia, than Serbia-Gana, and before Germany-Australia, there’s the Canadian F1 Grand Prix, I LOVE THAT MONTRÉAL CIRCUIT!!

[size=134:3e66iqvd][color=red:3e66iqvd]By the way[/color:3e66iqvd][/size:3e66iqvd], I approve of this thread also because it’s pretty interactive between members. Any active threads to me passes from Archive.

:flowers:

Argentina was amazing, Messi had so many occasions…

I loved to see legendary Maradona again, the best football player ever –

Today is Algeria, GO GO ALGERIA :clap: :clap:

[quote:3e3opnpz][i:3e3opnpz]Originally posted by D3nn1s[/i:3e3opnpz]
I couldn’t see today’s matches until now, but I heard that South Korea played pretty well.

I’m really glad 2006 and 2010 World Cups were/are in decent time zones (whereas 2002 sucked, and 2014 Brazil will be just acceptable)[/quote:3e3opnpz]

Haha, I still remember waking up at 4 to watch England playing :clap:

[quote:e1ky1ll7][i:e1ky1ll7]Originally posted by Kanzaki[/i:e1ky1ll7]

[quote:e1ky1ll7][i:e1ky1ll7]Originally posted by D3nn1s[/i:e1ky1ll7]

I’m really glad 2006 and 2010 World Cups were/are in decent time zones (whereas 2002 sucked, and 2014 Brazil will be just acceptable)[/quote:e1ky1ll7]

Haha, I still remember waking up at 4 to watch England playing :clap:[/quote:e1ky1ll7]

In retrospect I should be happy that Holland didn’t qualify for 2002 Japan/South Korea

Soooo who watched the Germany - Australia match? :drool: :drool: :drool:
I absolutely loved it! I love Philipp Lahm! I am very pleased with his new status. He was a player that I followed closely in the last world cup, and I hope to see him and his team go far again this year.
The absence of former captain Michael Ballack has made the entire German team step up, and they did not disappoint! Their team is very young, but they play with such intensity and eagerness, but are cool and composed.
I thought that that match was very exciting. The only call that I had a problem with was the straight-to-red given to Cahill. I dont think that it was deserved. But I’m no ref haha.

Japan - Cameroon tomorrow. GO GO Japan!

Endlich konnen wir Töre sehen. Es war ein ausgezeichnet Spiel!

Wonderful match by Germany, a serious candidate to the title. Last EuroCup, everyone pointed at Lahm for his mistake in the spanish goal (however, he played well during the whole championship). Today he has showed up as a good leader. I really like this “[i:5j9sae36]dinosaurless[/i:5j9sae36]” team. I missed Schweinsteiger a bit closer to the enemy’s area… and I still find Gomez a bit overrated.

Another goalie blooper today. This time from Algeria. Everyone’s blaming on the ball, but… hey, it’s the very same ball for both teams, so stop complaining!!

The other match was pretty sad. Serbia has a much better team than Ghana, but they decided to give the match as a present to the African team with a foolish penalty kick towards the end. Now they have to face Germany.

That’s right, tomorrow it’s Japan time!! I do hope they’ll succeed. They’re in a tough group indeed. GO JAPAN!!