about posting

Thanks for all the years of hard work Ernie, underappreciated would be an understatement. But as per usual people don’t realize how valuable something was until they lose it.
お疲れ様でした :bow:

So sad to read this @ErnieYoung . All of that is because an idiot who don’t want to understand and comply with the unique request that is: don’t share the decryption key. Where will Yussak go to get their dose of japanese comedy? Right, nowhere! The releases that Ernie does/have done are excellent quality that you’ll can’t find it anywhere! Thank you for your free and hard work during all that years Ernie. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you so much for the hard work over the years. I’ve been lurking here for a while and enjoying the uploads, especially for the shows unavailable on TVer. Though I have to say, hasn’t a similar thing happened before where you said you were going to stop uploading because a random reddit user was complaining about your methods? I hope you’re aware that the majority of the community is on your side. Mods will delete the encryption key and trolls will be downvoted. Please do not ignore the supporters, and please do not give in to the few trolls. This is just sad. :frowning:

I am shocked by what i just read, For years i have got to watched so much of what you have shared on here, Sir Erine. But sadly it only takes one busy body / thief / know it all to :swear: it up!

A big big thank you sir for your work, Bring the entertanment to a of us in the world. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I don’t post much, but I do check from time to time. :wave:
I do completely understand where you’re coming from with this and I do understand why, but I don’t think it’s the best of ideas to let some troll on Reddit dictate what you should do with these links? They’re just trying to cause a reaction, from what it looks like, they’re trying to ruin it for all of us. I understand fear, and I understand that it is entirely your choice, but is there another way that doesn’t involve nuking everything? I know other places (and this is for everyone) that host files privately on another part of the site with a certain type of specification required to access it.
でも終わりなら我々はいつもお世話になっております、本当に本当にお疲れ様でした。

Will you still mention interesting shows from time to time?

I wouldn’t have found out about “yobidashi tanaka” if it wasnt for you mentioning it being similar to mechaike achievement tests. It’s currently one of my favourites.

Hello there, I was wondering why my posts were still getting heat after this long, now I understand!

First, I would like to say that it was never my intention to kill the fun for anyone, I really do enjoy GnT comedy (and have been donating to various contributors for 16 years) and Ernie has obviously done a lot for us over the years. I didn’t see anything requesting to keep the key private so when a reddit user asked for it, I tried to be helpful and gave it to them. I didn’t copy the content or appropriated it, I just gave access to someone else who could have gotten it by registering an account here but didn’t understand that.

Second, I must insist that the key WAS public and no matter how frustrating it might be to all of you, if I was able to get it, then anyone could have done the same and there WAS a risk. Having to create an account on here was not much of a deterrent.

For what it’s worth, I don’t see a world where lawyers will sue for this content. It would cost too much and if they had really wanted to, they would have done so over the years. Worst case scenario, Ernie would receive a message asking them to stop and that would be it.

I did troll a bit after seeing the initial reaction as I thought it was overblown given the points I made above. I do understand now that it had more impact than initially thought and I would like to apologize for it.

I am not sorry for stating the obvious though: Uploading stolen content to the public is not 100% safe.

I now see that you are a hibernator who doesn’t know the same thing happened in the past.

Sooo sad to hear from you Ernie san, I truly understand the situation now and we all accepted your decisions.

I am a Chinese Gaki Fan since 2008, back then there were quite a few uploaders who uploading Japanese variety shows to Youku &Tudou, etc. Untill one day all of the videos and channels were taken down and completely wiped out, some insiders said the uploaders were arrested due to Japanese copyright law. Since then it was hard for me and other people who wants to watch Japanese variety shows until we found this Fan page, and it is truly heaven for us.

So I completely understood your feelings Ernie san and your downloading methods so far I think is useful because you are keep uploading ton and tons of goods for us!!

Do not let those people affected you Ernie san because they are everywhere and they think they are always right.

Again thank you very much ErnieYoung san for your efforts and times to delivery tons of joys for us and really really really hope you will return after awhile…

(apology for my poor English…but I really want to post this for you and others to understand the situation)

Thank you ErnieYoung for all your works! You are awesome

“They were public / I had to make an account”. Yes, some people are just that retarded

Hello Ernie. I’m sad to hear that you are going to stop posting. I’m super thankful for all of the videos, and want to say thank you for that. I’ve had a lot of fun watching them.

I hope you’ll come back one day. You were a hero of Gaki no Tsukai fans all over the world.

Really missing Ernie’s uploads ;(

You make a very good point, I’m convinced!

Just out of curiosity, I went ahead and created another account just to make sure I could access these videos easily. I could, because there is no vetting process on this PUBLIC forum. If I had to be accepted by admins, then creating an account could be considered less public (though there is no good way to enforce this long term, people would fall through the cracks).

So yes, everything a basic account can access here is public, having to create an account does not suddenly make it private.

The situation is exactly the same now as it was before I posted the key on reddit.

I do hope you were hiding your tracks all along.

I decided not to publish my videos as you suggested, so no problems going forward.

Thank you.

If the content requires you to make an account to access, don’t post it outside of the site. It’s just common sense. I don’t understand why you felt the need to rehost the code in the first place if you consider the content to be public.

Thank you for all your contributions thus far. I respect your decision and privacy.

Wow, the amount of mental gymnastics! “I haz da bwain 2 make mAnY accounts der her!” get out of here with that shit. You are taking the whole “public” word so literally and only because it supports your nonsensical argument for propagating what you had no right to in the first place. If I see you on a PUBLIC street, it still doesn’t give me the right to slap your entitled loser face - that would make me an asshole. Do you really think Ernie took the time and effort to make a key, compress it in a file and limit its visibility behind a forum login all so PEOPLE ON REDDIT can see it? Do you think he’s so mentally unfit that he wouldn’t just post the videos without any of those barriers if he wanted to? Even if this forum was PRIVATE and someone leaked the key, there would be no difference in the action itself: you violated a trust.

Your apology is disingenuous at best. If you were really sorry you wouldn’t be trying to justify your actions and would instead be trying to understand Ernie’s feelings. You could have moved on, but instead you’re posting drivel to protect your ego.

So this is what happens when women does meth during pregnancy. People, don’t do drugs.

Public = NO ACCOUNT REQUIRED. If you payed for your education, go ask for a refound, douchbag. You ruinned an entire community. If I was you I would just gtfo and dissapear