about posting

I do care about people thinking that they’ll be protected by posting on a public forum you can find on google and putting an encryption key in a zip file behind a simple registration process. This does nothing to protect you against barely tech savvy people. If you are genuinely worried about getting caught, you should stop.

If you want to protect yourselves, I am no expert but here are my 2 cents anyway:

• Build a network of uploaders outside of Japan to share files (I’m sure many people would love to help). It’s much harder to get to them, and they won’t be in much trouble for such a small thing. Send them the videos with a secure peer-to-peer file sharing method (https://onionshare.org/ seems good)
  • Use TOR whenever you’re downloading/uploading or doing any kind of work related to sharing content. Sure it’s been breached in the past, but government agencies won’t go through all the required trouble to get someone uploading a few videos to a few thousand people

I will stop checking this post from now on as I don’t want people to think I am doing this to protect my ego. Take care.

Remove yourself from this forum you troll.

Thank you so much what you’ve done for so many years for this and many more communities. I wish you all the best my friend!

hope you die in a miserable way and rot in hell

@Yussak I understand that you were only trying to help another person since you’re not familiar with the rules, and to be honest with Japanese comedy shows popularity growing by day I think it’s only natural for more newer fan to do so too. To be more honest three years ago when I first joined this forum it took me a while until I understood how the key system works, and at some point someone asked how to get the keys which happen frequently if I may add and most of the time they don’t get good answers to how to obtain the key so I wanted to give them the key but did not for one reason or another thankfully. Anyway, what happened was unfortunately expected since Erine talked about quitting a while back and your mistake was the straw that broke the camel’s back. So yeah it’s unfortunate, but it was expected from my part. Sorry to all the parties involved.

Do you know what Netiquette is? Take a read.

This is why we can’t have nice things anymore. Maybe your concern is makes sense or even on point, but you delivered it like so high and mighty. If you really care and want to protect Ernie, why are you still trying to post your “2 cents”? We already know your concern from your previous posts.

But have you tried to help Ernie outside your Reddit / forum post?
Have you tried reach Ernie and offering Ernie your help from your proposed solution?
Have you tried ask Ernie if Ernie have bad experience about key security or what not?
How private do you want so that the fans can still get the video without much hassle (security vs convenience)? And how much the effort? And once again, can you help Ernie achieving that? If not, what is your contribution to this community?

From my point of view, you don’t want to help Ernie, but you want to polishing your ego by posting the obvious loophole without considering the good netiquette and you still salty because you got a slap on the wrist. I hope you satisfied helping Ernie not being arrested, and I hope you enjoyed other Japanese variety shows / drama / anime / manga scanlation that you have consumed until now.

I’m so sad to hear about this story, I can’t thank Ernie enough for all the tremendous work he did for YEARS. Too bad one asshole had to ruin it :frowning:

I’m sad that you stop posting Ernie but I respect your decision. If anyone come up with some kind of aggreement at some point, we’ll be all glad of your comeback :slight_smile:

Take care !

I wait for your post day by day, come back strong. Don’t let someone’s opinion affect your spirit, we all need you. My love

So the reason why we can’t have access to high quality Japanese content is you.

You stupid prick.

I don’t see why a random loser like you has so much control over Ernie.

Not only are you not uploading anything good or useful, you’re an actual waste of space and oxygen. Good job retard.

I don’t post much anymore; but was roused from hibernation by this situation.

Ernie, you have provided years of content to this site. The fellow fans and myself are thankful for all the work you have done over the years.

That being said, why are you letting someone random on reddit affect you this way? You have given this site so much and a great many here stick around because of all the work you do. No one can change that fact. No one can change what you have done for this site. One act of criticism from someone should not derail you from continuing to bring joy to others via your work on the site. Ignore the critics, the haters, and those who would pass judgement without providing worth to the community. They will always be around and always ready to comment, because that is all they can and will do, complain. You do this for a love of owari and the laughter it brings. Do not quit.