How did you discover Gaki No Tsukai

It’s no different for me than for any other.

Jimmy Onishi english lesson, Chinko Machine & Silent Library with Ernesto Hoost. Though i didn’t know that it was the same persons that were in all the three episodes. When i started to search for subs to the english lesson, I found out that it was a long show. And now I’m stuck.

It was one of the silent library episodes (don’t remember which) but didn’t start watching until 2 years after that.

[quote:3kjtd03m][i:3kjtd03m]Originally posted by alfred_49[/i:3kjtd03m]
My starter drug was Jimmy Oonishis english lesson. –> Highschool Batsu –> other Batsus –> GnT …[/quote:3kjtd03m]

I went through exactly the same stages… the last stage is withdrawal…

24 hour tag, then silent library, then english lessons …the rest is history from there.

I had seen the Jimmy Oniishi English lesson, the marshmellow eating realy and the chinko machine on Youtube, all of which were mislabeled as “Japanese game show.” I didn’t make a connection until later that it was the same guys. I really enjoyed silent library and decided to look into it more (thinking that was a whole show by itself). I found out from wikipedia that these all came from “Downtown Gaki no Tsukai,” and watched as many subbed Youtube vids as I could find. Since finding this forum, I’m officially addicted.

[quote:26p3bipm][i:26p3bipm]Originally posted by alfred_49[/i:26p3bipm]
My starter drug was Jimmy Oonishis english lesson. –> Highschool Batsu –> other Batsus –> GnT …[/quote:26p3bipm]

My starter was also the english lesson with Jimmy Oonishi…hahahah

Well the first time i watch a member of Gaki No Tsukai was the Crazy Taxi video with Tanaka in the back. Same gag that will be used in the Police Bastu game.

I was looking for videos of Japanese prank shows when i first watched it. Later on i watched the Silent Library and some of the the 5 Rangers episodes. The first Bastu game was the high School one for me.

For me it started with a glorious nut slapping machine many years ago I discovered that video from one of the suggested videos and since then I havent stopped watching GNT I love it more than i love air… maybe.

It started off with buying VHS tapes in the mid-1990’s from Japanese grocery stores. They would rent out JapanTV shows from anime to dramas to comedies to sports.

I couldn’t understand written Japanese but it hardly mattered, 9 times out of 10 whatever was on the tape I would keep.

Their first show I saw was Hey! Hey! Hey!. I didn’t realize then they were a great comedy team. I thought they were funny hosts who should be a comedy team. My first episode of Downtown made me realize they were much more.

Like many, the first one I saw was the english class.

It was a friend of mine who randomly told me about ‘a totallyhilarious Japanese show’. And so I watched that bit on YT with him, and we ended up repeating it at least 5 times and still laughing hard everytime :lol:

And since then I became a fan of Gaki. Many friends of mine find the shows to be hilarious too, but I think nobody can really call him/herself a fan like me :D

Wow, a lot of similar stories.
Same here.

First the English lesson when I was looking for crazy Japanese pranks(like the bathhouse one and Tanaka’s surprise taxi ride, though didn’t know him at the time), then the Silent Library with Ernesto Hoost and after that it was either 24hour Tag, or Highschool Batsu(not sure which one I saw first).

Well, I was searching for funny japanese sketches and such and ended up finding the 24 hour tag game, loved it and just kept searching.

[quote:1wldfst9][i:1wldfst9]Originally posted by Sznax[/i:1wldfst9]
It’s no different for me than for any other.

Jimmy Onishi english lesson, Chinko Machine & Silent Library with [b:1wldfst9]Ernesto Hoost[/b:1wldfst9]. Though i didn’t know that it was the same persons that were in all the three episodes. When i started to search for subs to the english lesson, I found out that it was a long show. And now I’m stuck.[/quote:1wldfst9]

oh, i always thought that the guy was bob sapp xD
as i said before i watched silent library with ernesto hoost, then summer games with morning musume. 3/4 years back? anyway, thanks to downtown, now i’m hooked on jpop :D

my cousin posted Jimmy Onishi’s english lesson vtr on her Facebook account and shared it, with the description: “very funny! just watch it!”…it was very funny indeed! :D

[quote:2lzqmfz0][i:2lzqmfz0]Originally posted by alfred_49[/i:2lzqmfz0]
My starter drug was Jimmy Oonishis english lesson. –> Highschool Batsu –> other Batsus –> GnT …[/quote:2lzqmfz0]

same here bro :clap:

[quote:1xtcj86u][i:1xtcj86u]Originally posted by alfred_49[/i:1xtcj86u]
My starter drug was Jimmy Oonishis english lesson. –> Highschool Batsu –> other Batsus –> GnT …[/quote:1xtcj86u]

Same for me. I saw the clip and just rofl’d. Then I found it’s source and my addiction started shortly after. I have been a loyal fan for a number of years.

It was one of the chinko machine games that hooked me, followed by the slient library episodes. Now, I need my fix constantly!

i first saw a short, unsubbed, very poor quality clip of the Police Batsu where they were discovering what was inside their drawers. i watched it but didn’t get it. i blame it mostly to the poor quality. i didn’t laugh much. then, saw the butt slapping tongue twister, then Jimmy English lesson. then watched the whole High School bastus and i’ve been a GnT Crack addict since then.

its a story like others… i get to know gaki no tsukai from watching silent library!
i just were searching for some funny japanese shows! then i get to know silent library thengaki no tsukai <3

Penny Lane’s account is eerily similar to mine. While working a late shift, I was keeping myself awake via YouTube. First, I watched Japanese gameshows. Then, I came across “24-hour tag”. (Demon jail?). Then the batsu games. Then I started to learn their names, the name of the show, and kept looking into it.