Rate the last movie you saw.

Last movie(s) I saw was Avatar and then Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlocks Holmes was fantastic (I think it’s because I LOVE Robert Downey Jr.)

last movie i saw

1. Avatar: awesome! but not the best exactly :stuck_out_tongue:
    it’s not better than what I expect, since lots of my friends said it’s the best movie and rate it 11/10 >.<…
    I’ll give 7/10 =)
  2. onigokko (if u count it as a movie =))
    no comment! 9/10

will watch sherlock holmes soon! (maybe =))

Avatar: 8/10. Although the story has been done to death, it was still an entertaining movie.

Finally saw [b:1egvp7a9]28 Weeks Later[/b:1egvp7a9] yesterday and I have to say it’s still equally good as the first one, though a bit sadder.

I have to agree with gunners49 and suzakuryuu.

I couldn’t get Last Samurai out of my head, which isn’t a good thing.
But I appreciated how they mixed the different tribal cultures into the Na’vi.
Special effects were amazing and some nice epic battles.
I want one of those black panther thingies :D

Next movie on the list is Clash of the Titans.
What can I say, I got a thing for epic war movies :inlove:

Though I hope they make more movies like Red Cliff, or some Sengoku-inspired ones.

[quote:2pgj51ix][i:2pgj51ix]Originally posted by sarutobi[/i:2pgj51ix]
Next movie on the list is Clash of the Titans.
What can I say, I got a thing for epic war movies :inlove:[/quote:2pgj51ix]

Same here :inlove:

Another recent movie I saw was [b:2pgj51ix]Frontier(s)[/b:2pgj51ix]. A gore-psychological French movie. I loved it as much as I love High Tensoin. Which is a LOT.

just watched sherlock holmes…
i’ll give it 5/10
dunno why, i just can’t enjoy it >.<
i like the novel better…
didn’t feel like sherlock holmes and Dr. watson…

I’m currently on a movie marathon.

Last movie seen: [b:picew96m]See No Evil[/b:picew96m]

6.5/10 would have been lower but I like the gore factor (though there wasn’t enough). Plot was okay. The religious thing is an unfortunate cliche for me.

[quote:2wcalhjf][i:2wcalhjf]Originally posted by suzakuryuu[/i:2wcalhjf]
just watched sherlock holmes…
i’ll give it 5/10
dunno why, i just can’t enjoy it >.<
i like the novel better…
didn’t feel like sherlock holmes and Dr. watson…[/quote:2wcalhjf]

Same here, I’m a big fan of the books and the old TV series starring Jeremy Brett so I didn’t enjoy the movie either. :huh:
No offense to those who liked it, but I wonder if Guy Ritchie ever read one of the novels.

Avatar, the pocahontas-smurf movie :clown:

8/10

6/10
didn’t really like it…

It was really good.
I loved it, can’t wait for the sequels.

I know this is supposed to be for English movies, but I just saw an amazing Japanese movie called ‘Tada, Kimi Wo Aishiteru’ - English title: ‘Heavenly Forrest’ (not a direct translation btw, direct translation of the title is something like ‘just loving you’)

Anyways it stars Aoi Miyazaki, who you might recognize from Japanese Olympus Camera commercials or the movie Nana, she’s great in it and the movie overall is great.

here’s a link to a streamed version if anyone’s interested:
[url:31lsnrhb]http://www.mysoju.com/tada-kimi-wo-aishiteru/[/url:31lsnrhb]
don’t worry, it’s subtitled in English

you can also find a torrent somewhere i’m sure.

[quote:3gdonuoe][i:3gdonuoe]Originally posted by Kyon[/i:3gdonuoe]
I know this is supposed to be for English movies, but I just saw an amazing Japanese movie called ‘Tada, Kimi Wo Aishiteru’ - English title: ‘Heavenly Forrest’ (not a direct translation btw, direct translation of the title is something like ‘just loving you’)

Anyways it stars Aoi Miyazaki, who you might recognize from Japanese Olympus Camera commercials or the movie Nana, she’s great in it and the movie overall is great.

here’s a link to a streamed version if anyone’s interested:
[url:3gdonuoe]http://www.mysoju.com/tada-kimi-wo-aishiteru/[/url:3gdonuoe]
don’t worry, it’s subtitled in English

you can also find a torrent somewhere i’m sure.[/quote:3gdonuoe]

Ha, I just downloaded this because I’m a huge fan of Tamaki Hiroshi, the actor who plays Chiaki in the live-action version of [i:3gdonuoe]Nodame Cantabile[/i:3gdonuoe]. I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet, but because of your suggestion, I’m looking forward to it even more.

nice, let me know what you think about it after you watch it.

The last movie I watched was Chicago, cause it’s one of my faves and I never get tired of it. 9/10

The last recently releasedmovie I saw was District 9. It was really violent so I watched most of it from behind my hand, but I thought the story was nice, and enjoyed the plot. 8/10 Just wish there was less violence.

(I don’t watch movies very often, haha)

I rewatched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. 7.5/10 for personal enjoyment.

10/10

King Arthur
Decent movie, nice approach of the story. Though the cliche motivational speech was a buzz-kill, didn’t feel right there.
Fighting wasn’t anything new, though still entertaining and funny at times.

6,5/10

When the last sword is drawn
It’s hard to find a movie featuring the Shinsengumi, so regardless that this is somewhat a dramatic movie, I gave it a shot. And it was well worth it!
Quick summary: It’s about a guy who turns his back on his clan so he can go to the big city to make some money for his starving family. He ends up joining the Shinsengumi, fighting the government.
I really liked the main-character. Very enjoyable movie.

8,5/10

Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus and Air America.

Both were very good.